Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Air 2S firmware Released (11/18/2021)
12Next >
7628 48 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.11.18
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.21.10
  • Remote Controller: v04.12.00.46
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.0

What’s New?
  • Fixed some bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2021-11-18
Use props
Frontliner 2020
First Officer
Philippines

thank you for the update...
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 11-18 02:07
thank you for the update...

Hi there Frontliner 2020. Thank you for the reply and you are welcome. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2021-11-18
Use props
mukhas
First Officer
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

Photos and Videos cache  are working now with DJI Fly app?
2021-11-18
Use props
LoveYou
Captain
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

What bugs fixed?
2021-11-18
Use props
spetersen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.0 updated to v 1.5.1 Available on Appstore today
2021-11-18
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Thanks for the update, but you have to admit DJI needs to leave much better release notes.  They should specify what bugs were addressed at least.
2021-11-18
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
United States

FYI the update needs to be applied with each battery, although the update goes much faster.
2021-11-18
Use props
DannyAir2s
United Kingdom

This update or the one before messes up the ISO in pro mode, it defaults to auto ISO every time your turn the drone on, blooming frustrating.
once you turn auto off it will stay at the ISO you set for the flight, but as soon as you turn the drone off and on again the default ISO is back on AUTO ! Please fix it DJI, its a pain !
2021-11-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this update.  
2021-11-18
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.4
United States

mukhas Posted at 11-18 03:01
Photos and Videos cache  are working now with DJI Fly app?

I did the updates and still no caching on the Smart Controller. This was a major DJI bungle.
2021-11-19
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Thanks for the update
2021-11-20
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
Flight distance : 644603 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi is it possible for the next firmware update to include a new start up sound? Thanks
2021-11-20
Use props
MeAtHome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Since hacking is a bug from DJIs perspective, I suspect that the update only blocks certain hacks. I am sure we will see such bug-fixes on other drones in the next few weeks.

Rather than fixing the real bugs such as altitude error, compass error and so on, DJIs developers are trying to outsmart hackers rather than to improve their products. Maybe DJI should review their policies. For example: In Europe drones below 250g (500g in Switzerland) can practically fly without any restrictions if VLOS is respected. So, there is no need for NFZ for the Mini and Mini 2 in Europe. Just imagine if car manufacturers would apply DJIs policies. You would be driving 30 km/h in a 50 zone just because the car manufacturer thinks you should not drive faster. In other words, invest in product improvement and not in playing police.
2021-11-21
Use props
LoveYou
Captain
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

In the past six months DJI is wasting time trying to block DH and other Hacks instead of fixing the real bugs and improve their drones and displeases its customers.
2021-11-21
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mavic Air 2S is what I would like to purchase can anyone tell me if the DJI smart controller utilizes the Ocusync 3 from the Air 2S?
2021-11-21
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.4
United States

MavicZoom Posted at 11-21 08:32
DJI Mavic Air 2S is what I would like to purchase can anyone tell me if the DJI smart controller utilizes the Ocusync 3 from the Air 2S?

Unfortunately, this version of the Smart Controller uses OS 2 with the Air 2S. The Smart Controller Pro uses OS 3 but it's not known if they have enabled compatibility with the Air 2S yet.
2021-11-21
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
Flight distance : 51670 ft
Austria

After the new update made today on my drone, the camera doesn't work anymore !!!! it's completely black! tomorrow I will return the drone from where I bought it and I will get the money back. I don't want to hear about DJI anymore!
2021-11-21
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
Flight distance : 644603 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

Just wondering if the controller updates automatically or do you need to plug it in to a computer or power first?
2021-11-21
Use props
dji_MODDER
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

!!! DO NOT UPDATE Drone firmware for Air2 (latest good: 01.01.0610), Air2S (latest good: 02.04.2040) and FPV (latest good: 01.02.0000) !!!
!!! New Firmware versions Air2 - 01.01.0690 | Air2s - 02.04.2110 WILL break the hack and CANNOT be downgraded !!!

If you want to activate a new drone and DJI Fly tries to force you to update, use dronehacks to flash the recommended firmware first!
After you are on the recommended firmware version go ahead and activate, DJI Fly will NOT force the activaton anymore!
2021-11-21
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wavicle Posted at 11-21 09:28
Unfortunately, this version of the Smart Controller uses OS 2 with the Air 2S. The Smart Controller Pro uses OS 3 but it's not known if they have enabled compatibility with the Air 2S yet.

Thank you so very much that is what i needed to hear...  with the Mavic 3 being out of my price range I went for the Air2s fly more thanks again...
2021-11-22
Use props
edith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277733 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

After this update I have problems with receiving video on RC. the video is always freezing. In the previous version this did not happen
2021-11-22
Use props
Patiko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 911211 ft
Georgia

dji_MODDER Posted at 11-21 22:43
!!! DO NOT UPDATE Drone firmware for Air2 (latest good: 01.01.0610), Air2S (latest good: 02.04.2040) and FPV (latest good: 01.02.0000) !!!
!!! New Firmware versions Air2 - 01.01.0690 | Air2s - 02.04.2110 WILL break the hack and CANNOT be downgraded !!!

I will not advise anyone to fly more than 500 meters,
It is not safe, not for a drone but for AVIATION
Do not fly over 500 meters. It is not necessary to do this.
it is not necessary to recommend someont to chack drone and fly unlimite.

Flying without a limit can lead to a plane crash!
Your hobby shouldn't lead to some kind of disaster.

All drones must be updated to latest firmware.

All drones should not fly over limit settings.

Fly with with safety...
Fly with pleaser...
2021-11-22
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The smart-controller utilise O2. The Air2s communicates with the SmartController using O2, in fact it will not connect to anything other than O2 controllers. It will not connect to any real O3 controllers like the FPV drone. The one shipped with the Air 2S itself is an O2 controller as well as the new Mavic 3.

It is detailed in the Specification tab of the Air 2s and the Mavic 3.

The standard Mavic 3 uses the same controller as the Air 2.
2021-11-24
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-24 04:14
The smart-controller utilise O2. The Air2s communicates with the SmartController using O2, in fact it will not connect to anything other than O2 controllers. It will not connect to any real O3 controllers like the FPV drone. The one shipped with the Air 2S itself is an O2 controller as well as the new Mavic 3.

The standard controller that comes with the Air 2S does not utilize O3?  Just wondering?  I purchased the Air 2S fly more but with the standard Controller I have not opened it yet waiting to see if something changes my mind to get the smart controller watching YouTube videos it is kind of like 50/50.

Thanks for responding.

Dave
2021-11-24
Use props
flygerd
New
Flight distance : 134321 ft
Germany

With the new firmeware i get the error code 30064, it is not possible to fly anymore.
All updates are installed.
And now ... ?
2021-11-24
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Yup as has been stated the Air2s has OC3 but the Smart Controller only utilises OC2, which is the fly combo option I went with.

And the Smart Controller with Air2s appears to have less range than the normal controller with a phone attached.

Additionally, according to DJI Customer Support the new Smart Controller Ver 2.0 shipped with the Mavic 3 ALSO only transmits OC2??
2021-11-25
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

MavicZoom Posted at 11-24 06:58
The standard controller that comes with the Air 2S does not utilize O3?  Just wondering?  I purchased the Air 2S fly more but with the standard Controller I have not opened it yet waiting to see if something changes my mind to get the smart controller watching YouTube videos it is kind of like 50/50.

Thanks for responding.

Hi Dave,
The Smart Controller shipped with the Air 2s wasn't designed initially for the Air2s but previous drones, then had upgraded firmware to make it compatible with the Air 2s. But still transmits only OC2.

Out of the box I had three weeks of fantastic flights and aerial videos. The sunlight viewable screen on the SC really is incredible and can be viewed in direct sunlight, kinda has to be seen to be believed!

However, maybe because of older technology with last October's firmware update my SC went to crap and after many frustrating weeks its only now been sent to DJI for repairs.

This isn't a rant just another option for you to consider. I can't fault the SC when it works, and the screen is fantastic.

But my advice is, if you go with the SC option. When you turn it on don't upgrade it despite the popup screen telling you to.
When it leaves the factory it is paired and appears to work flawlessly, but the upgrades have caused countless issues with others too!
2021-11-25
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 11-25 03:45
Yup as has been stated the Air2s has OC3 but the Smart Controller only utilises OC2, which is the fly combo option I went with.

And the Smart Controller with Air2s appears to have less range than the normal controller with a phone attached.

Eoin... thanks for responding and thanks for the information... think I have some old electronics like GoPros and such laying around maybe I will try to sell some stuff and save up for the Mavic 3 and just head in that direction...

Thanks again.

Dave
2021-11-25
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 11-25 04:08
Hi Dave,
The Smart Controller shipped with the Air 2s wasn't designed initially for the Air2s but previous drones, then had upgraded firmware to make it compatible with the Air 2s. But still transmits only OC2.

Eoin this is what I don't need the frustration of issues when getting out to fly I was looking for a way to get out from using the controller with a Maumont and a ipad 4 mini and just use the smart controller oh well again thanks for your time and information.

Thanks

Dave
2021-11-25
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.4
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 11-25 04:08
Hi Dave,
The Smart Controller shipped with the Air 2s wasn't designed initially for the Air2s but previous drones, then had upgraded firmware to make it compatible with the Air 2s. But still transmits only OC2.

I also purchased the Air 2S kit with Smart Controller in September and the October firmware update rendered some functionality useless such as caching when recording. Therefore, both the Air 2S drone and Smart Controller were sent in to have DJI service "fix" it.

I had also purchased the standard remote controller and had tried that with DJI Fly 1.5.1 and the Air 2S and it worked correctly. So that tells me it's the Smart Controller and not the Air2S.
2021-11-25
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

MavicZoom Posted at 11-25 06:31
Eoin... thanks for responding and thanks for the information... think I have some old electronics like GoPros and such laying around maybe I will try to sell some stuff and save up for the Mavic 3 and just head in that direction...

Thanks again.

Not trying to be a party pooper but the Smart Controller (SC) Ver 2.0 shipped with the Mavic 3 still only has OC2 transmission just like the SC shipped with the Air2s Combo.

However, it is SC Ver 2.0 so I'm guessing (hoping) that DJI did actually fix loads of issues and also upgraded the actual hardware (not just software/firmware) to the later technology and that's what's reflected in the inflated retail price. But fundamentally it still only transmits on OC2 power transmission which is what reduces range and video real-time quality re-laid from drone to SC during flight.

So if you do go the Air2s and SC route it still is an unreal experience when everything works. Hence my suggestion that out of the box everything should be good as each duo of SC and drone is paired and matched and working when shipped. Just don't upgrade the software and use as shipped.

I'm only a newbie (and learning fast) but as I said out of the box my Air2s and Smart Controller combo were fantastic. And I can't fault the quality (range yes but not quality) and everything worked flawlessly. Till the October updates.........
2021-11-25
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
United States

Eoin 2021 Posted at 11-25 11:14
Not trying to be a party pooper but the Smart Controller (SC) Ver 2.0 shipped with the Mavic 3 still only has OC2 transmission just like the SC shipped with the Air2s Combo.

However, it is SC Ver 2.0 so I'm guessing (hoping) that DJI did actually fix loads of issues and also upgraded the actual hardware (not just software/firmware) to the later technology and that's what's reflected in the inflated retail price. But fundamentally it still only transmits on OC2 power transmission which is what reduces range and video real-time quality re-laid from drone to SC during flight.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is even the A2S with the stock RC transmits/receives the telemetry via O2 and just the video feed is O3.  So on the SC it would be all O2 I believe.  The SC2 should also use O2 for telemetry and O3 for video I think.

I'm not so sure all this talk of O2 and O3 matters much in the end.  It's all OcuSync and the devices can be made compatible with the SC 2.  Which is why I'm a little disappointed the SC2 does not support the A2S at this time.

I have the stock RC and an original SC for my A2S.  I switch between both, depending on what's more important to me at the time, range or convenience, because like you I have found the range of the SC to not be that great with the A2S compared to the stock RC.  But at least no more video lag on the SC.
2021-11-25
Use props
dr6583
First Officer
United States

Mini-G Posted at 11-21 12:15
Hi all,

Just wondering if the controller updates automatically or do you need to plug it in to a computer or power first?

The controller's firmware will update along with the aircraft's firmware.  You will notice during the update the controllers lights will flash a couple of times here and there.  If you want to be sure, you can connect it with a USB cable and run the DJI Assistant 2 and update (or refresh) the controller's firmware.

Also, although you won't get any feedback from the update process, you need to complete the drone firmware update with each of your batteries because they get updates too.  Subsequent updates with other batteries are considerably faster than updating the entire drone.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_Oatk3oeRrcXt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 690177 ft
Lithuania

Hi. My Samsung S21 Ultra doesn't work with Dji Fly. Android 12 Official. No video streaming, Black screen. Air2s.
2021-11-26
Use props
Sascha.ES
Second Officer
Spain

bjr981s Posted at 11-24 04:14
The smart-controller utilise O2. The Air2s communicates with the SmartController using O2, in fact it will not connect to anything other than O2 controllers. It will not connect to any real O3 controllers like the FPV drone. The one shipped with the Air 2S itself is an O2 controller as well as the new Mavic 3.

This is not quite correct. In the US, there is already an Air2s bundle with the new RC-Pro controller.

So there must be an update soon.

https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/1461552814488842245
2021-11-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

MeAtHome Posted at 11-21 02:53
Since hacking is a bug from DJIs perspective, I suspect that the update only blocks certain hacks. I am sure we will see such bug-fixes on other drones in the next few weeks.  Rather than fixing the real bugs such as altitude error, compass error and so on, DJIs developers are trying to outsmart hackers rather than to improve their products. Maybe DJI should review their policies. For example: In Europe drones below 250g (500g in Switzerland) can practically fly without any restrictions if VLOS is respected. So, there is no need for NFZ for the Mini and Mini 2 in Europe. Just imagine if car manufacturers would apply DJIs policies. You would be driving 30 km/h in a 50 zone just because the car manufacturer thinks you should not drive faster. In other words, invest in product improvement and not in playing police.

Sofa King right!

2021-11-28
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.3
Ireland

dr6583 Posted at 11-25 12:46
I may be wrong, but my understanding is even the A2S with the stock RC transmits/receives the telemetry via O2 and just the video feed is O3.  So on the SC it would be all O2 I believe.  The SC2 should also use O2 for telemetry and O3 for video I think.

I'm not so sure all this talk of O2 and O3 matters much in the end.  It's all OcuSync and the devices can be made compatible with the SC 2.  Which is why I'm a little disappointed the SC2 does not support the A2S at this time.

Yeah thanks for the clarification dr6583, interesting confirmation too that you have first hand experience with both controllers and Air2s re the range!

It's puzzling too for me a non I.T. guy learning and reading so, so many different issues people experience with their controllers when updates are released. Because for me there's no one kinda common denominator or the "...Ah that must the problem thought...!"

I figured that buying the Air2s SC Combo deal would be the safest route..., I figured I couldn't go wrong if both the electronic units were shipped from the same manufacturer and for me I was taking out of the equation the one and only common denominator that made sense to me as being the main conflicting issue i.e.: the 1000's of different phones and OS systems.

But yet you and I both use the SC and Air2s, you don't have video Lags and I only received the video lags, and lack of pairing 'after' the October updates?? Again doesn't make sense to me (a non I.T. guy). The only logical conclusion for me then is dropped packets of data somehow during download and installation...maybe?? Others are experiencing a complete myriad of other software issues in their SC's, so does that rule out the dropped packets thought?? surely we all can't have had a download issues??

Again doesn't make sense when we are all using the same hardware within our SC's...! So is there an issue with the "clean room" or assembly line or even an inconsistency with the supply of crucial electronic components?? Not my field but it really is a pity and so frustrating for so many consumers worldwide.

2021-11-28
Use props
MavicZoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wavicle Posted at 11-25 07:19
I also purchased the Air 2S kit with Smart Controller in September and the October firmware update rendered some functionality useless such as caching when recording. Therefore, both the Air 2S drone and Smart Controller were sent in to have DJI service "fix" it.

I had also purchased the standard remote controller and had tried that with DJI Fly 1.5.1 and the Air 2S and it worked correctly. So that tells me it's the Smart Controller and not the Air2S.

Wavicle exactly what I am trying to avoid having those types of issues
2021-11-28
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sascha.ES Posted at 11-28 00:36
This is not quite correct. In the US, there is already an Air2s bundle with the new RC-Pro controller.

So there must be an update soon.

I don't think you actually read what I posted. try reading it again.
2021-11-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules