Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 Cine dropping video signal over and over
5496 18 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11724669 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi guys. I have a serious problem with the Mavic 3 Cine  with smart controller. I have had 6 flights on the mavic 3 and after 5 minutes the video feed stops and the controller has a little red lettering on top left saying that Aircraft is not connected to RC then in 10 seconds it reconnects. This happened once on the second flight. Now on my latest flight, everything was fine for first 3 minutes and then same problem however worse. The transmitter pulsed continually connecting and dropping signal over and over again. I had to land and continue my job using the Mavic 2 Pro.

Is this a firmware problem or is it a hardware problem? Anyone having this issue?

Error message

Error message
2021-11-19
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh Oh I hope this gets a solution.
2021-11-19
Use props
dez
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

If you can believe this, I contacted support and told them I would make a video showing the problem. Well, Can't get the problem to show itself. 2 long flights with no problems.
2021-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you initially update through app or dji assistant.
2021-11-19
Use props
dez
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I did 2 updates after getting the M3 both from the App on the smart controller.
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_bCznoldPE6pL
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue. Disconnects, even when flying directly above me with excellent line of sight. It will either reconnect after a bit or enter return to home and then reconnect. Both app and firmware have been updated.
2021-11-21
Use props
dez
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Interesting. It was on my 5th and 6th flights that it was bad. Then, the next morning when I contacted DJI for support I noticed that the transmitter took a long time to boot. I went out for a flight with someone to video record for proof of a fault and I couldn't get it to disconnect. Later the same day I did a distance test at a 150 acre property I was doing a job for, and it didn't disconnect. However when I was making some settings changes, it did disconnect near the end of my flight. I was  setting an interval time for stills, and after making the change and exiting to the main screen while in the air, the video was disconnected. So I landed, restarted, and it was fine after that.
2021-11-21
Use props
dez
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I hope the right people may be reading this as I have an update. I think that in my case I have discovered a problem. I wonder if it is wide spread or unique to me. I lose connection with the drone as far as the screen goes blank and nothing can be done to communicate with the drone as far as activating any functions after changing from Video mode to Stills mode notably taking interval shots.

Today I did some video of a house with lots of trees around. I disabled obstacle avoidance  because I needed to fly between the trees without jerky movements caused be obstacle avoidance. I finished my video segment and was hovering low in front of me. I changed to camera mode and the connection was lost. So I continued to hover in hopes that connection would be restored. About 30 seconds later, the drone rose slowly out of control and moved toward a tree. I screemed out "Oh god no"!! and inches away from the tree I regained control. The screen came back to life and I landed. I was soooo close to a crash.

I confirmed again that connection is lost when switching modes.

Is this a hardware issue or a software bug.

Anyhow, I caution those out there to experiment with this in an open space away from trees. I will always land before changing modes until another version of the firmware comes out.
2021-11-22
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4287536 ft
  • >>>
United States

dez Posted at 11-22 10:46
I hope the right people may be reading this as I have an update. I think that in my case I have discovered a problem. I wonder if it is wide spread or unique to me. I lose connection with the drone as far as the screen goes blank and nothing can be done to communicate with the drone as far as activating any functions after changing from Video mode to Stills mode notably taking interval shots.

Today I did some video of a house with lots of trees around. I disabled obstacle avoidance  because I needed to fly between the trees without jerky movements caused be obstacle avoidance. I finished my video segment and was hovering low in front of me. I changed to camera mode and the connection was lost. So I continued to hover in hopes that connection would be restored. About 30 seconds later, the drone rose slowly out of control and moved toward a tree. I screemed out "Oh god no"!! and inches away from the tree I regained control. The screen came back to life and I landed. I was soooo close to a crash.

You're not alone. I am returning mine and going with the standard M3 and RC-N1 controller, using the same iPad mini I was using for my M2P.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253818
2021-11-22
Use props
nroberts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3222887 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought the fly more package and I'm having this issue. I had 4 flights today for a paying client requesting RAW photos. The only option was to take photos in jpg + RAW (first complaint). The image transmission frequently went out, even with the drone mere feet away from me. At point the image simply froze and I had to return the drone back home, power off then on, and return to my flight. Additionally, of the 98 pictures I took, I received 98 jpg pictures and only 29 .dng pictures. Very disappointing overall and might cost me future work with this client and it was a "today only" type of flight.
2021-11-23
Use props
DV drone
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I would contact support. They have been very helpful for me. I am getting a replacement. I bought mine the moment they were available. Video quality is great. I am sure things will be ironed out.
2021-11-23
Use props
rincflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28392 ft
United States

I read through the various threads on the disconnecting.  Is this only with the Pro Controller with either the Cine or non Cine?  

@nroberts are you using a pro controller?  Do you have the same issue with the message not connected to RC or just dropping out?

Is the only solution to send it back?
2021-11-28
Use props
dnimages
New
Australia

I bought the Cine version a couple of weeks ago.  First two flights were fine (1 x 3 minute test flight, 1 x 20 minute photo/video flight).  I took it straight back up after the second flight and was a couple of minutes in when I lost video feed - image frozen.  There were no errors and I could still control the drone, just no feed.  Fortunately I could see it and was able to bring it back.  Problem got worse - RC pro next to the drone with no video feed.  I took it back to a DJI store yesterday (Australia, Brisbane) and after demonstrating the problem, received a replacement.  Will be testing it today.
2021-12-11
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this issue with my original unit (M3C + RC Pro). Sent it back to DJI, got a new unit a week later, no issues.
2021-12-11
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar issue with the FMC.  Not exactly the same though.  Video transmission would stop, but I still had full control of the craft.  Just no video.  Happened repeatedly.  Fortunately I bought from a local store, and I was able to do an exchange.  New craft is working well so far.
2021-12-11
Use props
mzynfo
Flight distance : 212195 ft
Slovenia

I have the same issue. Connection much worse after last firmware Mavic 3 - RC PRO !!! Signal drops when only 300m away. No such problem before Firmware 0400.
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_7fIYjkf0wVwt
lvl.1

United States

I am having same problem, a new purchased from them Cine, was only half a mile away and lost all connections, had 12 satellites.. I was able to eventually get RTH. This is frustrating to say the least.
2022-2-18
Use props
fansf430e509
New

United States

I have the m3 fly more, same issue. And my gimbal is slow to respond sometimes. I set the transmission to manual 5.8 and placed the channel where there wasn't much "red" unstable waves popping up. Fixed the gumbal responsiveness, but I haven't tried to fly it to see if it disconnects still. I wanted to get this on here asap, Update coming soon
2022-6-22
Use props
Kuantou
Flight distance : 2987507 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I got very worried today with my second flight with m3 and regular controller. Its updated (jun/22) and it lost connection and didnt get back. It rth and i was thinking it felt or something. Now i was just messing around with the drone stopped next to me and lost signal. Getting very worried about this. Never had such issues with air2s. Very sad about that being such an expensive machine.
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules