New Firmware planned?
1029 10 2021-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ark Georg
lvl.1

Latvia

The actual firmware for osmo action is quite old, and there are some things that can be changed for comming firmware upgrade:

- switch screen while recording
- option to show record time and battery status in front screen while recording
- manual mic volume adjustment (external mic)
- 3rd party remote support (feyutech gimbal for example)
- webcam support via USB-C

Thanks

2021-11-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Switch screen while recording  has been there Long press  the side, it will switch
2021-11-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Extremely unlikely, since Action 2 is already out. If history is any indication, they are done with Action 1 and it is what it is from now on...
2021-11-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Agree camera reached End of life after that Dec 2020 release, that was when the new works were on A2
2021-11-21
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I see Gopro 10 is 19% off here in Norway now because of black friday week. I consider buying it just because of 5K @ 60 fps and better flat-profile.

2021-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Black friday sale $449.99 or at gopro with a dual charger at $399.99
2021-11-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 11-22 07:22
Black friday sale $449.99 or at gopro with a dual charger at $399.99

Buying from gopro themself will takes weeks to arrive here + I won't get the 3 year extended warranty that we have in Norway
2021-11-22
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

I am also planning to buy a Hero10 as I would not touch Action 2 with a barge pole. But I might wait until I get back home (Philippines); it won't be much of a use here. I will keep the Action 1 though, as long as it keeps working.
2021-11-22
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 11-22 17:40
I am also planning to buy a Hero10 as I would not touch Action 2 with a barge pole. But I might wait until I get back home (Philippines); it won't be much of a use here. I will keep the Action 1 though, as long as it keeps working.

I ordered Gopro 10 yesterday, and will also keep my Osmo Action because I love it for what it is

Now I need to start selling some of my cameras, consider selling my Pocket 2 and use gimbal for it if/when needed
2021-11-23
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

johansenfoto Posted at 11-23 13:41
I ordered Gopro 10 yesterday, and will also keep my Osmo Action because I love it for what it is

Now I need to start selling some of my cameras, consider selling my Pocket 2 and use gimbal for it if/when needed

Congrats on the purchase If you don't need adjustable focus there won't be much reason to keep the pocket 2 I guess. Hero 10 has plenty of resolution, even after stabilization crop, so you might not need a gimbal at all...
2021-11-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 11-23 18:15
Congrats on the purchase  If you don't need adjustable focus there won't be much reason to keep the pocket 2 I guess. Hero 10 has plenty of resolution, even after stabilization crop, so you might not need a gimbal at all...

Thanks mate

There is like 2 things with P2 that I doesn't like;
1: it's too light, make me shake when holding it and doing some moves away from body
2: it doesn't like rain

I also think that Gopro 10 would be more than enough. I just hope that I will like it since I didn't like Gopro 8.
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules