Not Compatible devices with Mavic 3system.
439 1 2021-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans833db9c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my Mavic 3 Sunday afternoon. Connected my IPad Mini 4 that I checked and shows it is supported to use with the Mavic 3. I’ve used this IPad for years with my Mavic 2 pro with no issues. Only thing that has changed, besides the model drone was the addition of the DJI Fly app. Fired everything up. Checked and downloaded new Firmware and database for drone. Made all the preference changes I wanted to the DJI Fly app. Took off and hovered for about 5 minutes to do a system check out since I have never flown this drone. Went for a little flight. All looked good until the camera image on the IPad Mini 4 started to pixelate. All parameters were good. Strong remote signal, 90% battery, clear day, not to warm. Then the video froze. The drone still responded to remote commands but very delayed response on radar map.I was able after resetting app to fly it home. Research time! Noticed on the forums that this is a recurring problem with older model phones and tablets. My iPhone XR works perfectly with this system but the IPad Mini 4 has constant freezing. I deleted all apps on the IPad so that there was only the DJI Fly app. Tried all suggestions I could find to make the iPad work. No luck. So I noticed that no one with the IPad mini 5 has reported issues. The only thing I can conclude is that the A8 processor is just not able to keep up with the DJI Fly app and Mavic 3 data requirements. I’ve repeated this several times to be sure of the problem. Just FYI Drone friends!
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these informative information with us. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules