DJI Mic and DJI Pocket 2 compatibility
4553 9 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oddfellow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14236 ft

United Kingdom

Can the new DJI Mic me used with the Pocket 2 with the USB-c connection or does it still need the (awful) Mic Adapter?

I never purchased the combo kit. I just have the USB-c adapter from the first Pocket camera which I have stopped using due to too many audio failures.
2021-11-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Certainly a question I would like to know the answer to, too, before buying the DJI Mic. Any insights from DJI or fellow forum members?
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. You can use DJI Mic with cameras, smartphones ( only Lightning & USB-C ports are supporte d), computers, DJI Action 2, and DJI OM 5. Thank you.
2021-11-23
Use props
oddfellow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14236 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 19:03
Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. You can use DJI Mic with cameras, smartphones ( only Lightning & USB-C ports are supporte d), computers, DJI Action 2, and DJI OM 5. Thank you.

So, to paraphrase.... NO. It will not work directly with the Pocket 2. Is that correct?

This seems like a very serious omission on DJI's part and is incredibly disappointing.

Is this compatibility expected in a future firmware update?
2021-11-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 19:03
Hello there. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. You can use DJI Mic with cameras, smartphones ( only Lightning & USB-C ports are supporte d), computers, DJI Action 2, and DJI OM 5. Thank you.

Can it be used through the Do-It-All Handle's 3,5mm audio input/output connector? Or through the same handle's USB-C connector?
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_YDkq4WpUZGQT
New

Thailand

If you have the creator combo handle you can link the receiver to the pocket 2 by the 3.5mm cable. this way the audio from the dual mic set up is recorded with the video file
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_YDkq4WpUZGQT
New

Thailand

HGDC84 Posted at 2021-11-24 13:47
Can it be used through the Do-It-All Handle's 3,5mm audio input/output connector? Or through the same handle's USB-C connector?

Yes by the 3.5 cable
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_YDkq4WpUZGQT
New

Thailand

I cant see how it would connect to the standard pocket 2
2022-5-19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_YDkq4WpUZGQT Posted at 5-19 21:54
I cant see how it would connect to the standard pocket 2

I think you'd need the official Osmo Pocket 3,5mm to USB-C adapter for that, unless it supports connecting directly by the USB-C connector.
2022-5-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Still waiting for an official DJI reply about the ability to use the DJI Mic with the Pocket 2 connecting directly with the DJi Mic's USB-C connector... is this a no-go or does it work/will it work later with a firmware update?
2022-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules