New firmware - now not charging camera module....
4574 12 2021-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After updating, my camera module no longer charges when I connect my display module??

The camera charging icon comes on for a second, then goes off again and charging stops???

Camera is currently at 86% and the display module is at 24%.
With both connecting the display module should be charging the camera module, right??
But it isn't, its been sitting on those percentages for the past 3 hours.

If I remove the Display Module and reconnect it, the battery charging icon comes on for a second or so, then goes off again?
2021-11-24
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charged the module a bit more - to 37% - and tried again, and it now seems to charge the camera module.

Does this mean the display module needs to be charged a certain amount before it will charge the camera module??
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

there is a charging strategy for  bottom module to charge that camera, aiming at display module and camera will run out of battery together.
If  display module runs out of battery:camera can still work,but the front screen/SD card cannot be used, which is not what we want.

So module charges camera considering the battery of camera and itself:
e.x.
when module battery  < 30%, it won't charge a 90% camera.
when module battery <10%, it won't charge a 15% camera.

Does this mean the display module needs to be charged a certain amount before it will charge the camera module??------------------
No, When connecting to charging cable, the stragegy won't take affect.They will be charged simuteneasly.
say normally we charge 5V2A to module +camera.
half electricity will be charged to camera and the other to module.
If both run out of battery,  camera will be firstly fully charged(about 30min). Then all electricity goes to module.

2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there IftiBashir. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refere to the post of DJI-ytao on post #3 for reference. Thank you.
2021-11-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-24 18:01
there is a charging strategy for  bottom module to charge that camera, aiming at display module and camera will run out of battery together.
If  display module runs out of battery:camera can still work,but the front screen/SD card cannot be used, which is not what we want.

Excellent info - you guys think of everything!
2021-11-24
Use props
djiuser_FUVgm3TLFc40
New

Germany

DJI-ytao Posted at 2021-11-24 18:01

What if my Battery module is 100% and my camera 0% :-P ? I was yesterday make some test recording. After i was done i wanted to update to the last firmware but without success. So i though ok may i need to charge the battery full. Pout it over night to charge and today i was try again. Still not work to update and now i was realize that my camera module ist at 0%. Hope its not complete dischraged.
2022-3-1
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_FUVgm3TLFc40 Posted at 3-1 01:35
What if my Battery module is 100% and my camera 0% :-P ? I was yesterday make some test recording. After i was done i wanted to update to the last firmware but without success. So i though ok may i need to charge the battery full. Pout it over night to charge and today i was try again. Still not work to update and now i was realize that my camera module ist at 0%. Hope its not complete dischraged.

Hi, plz update to 01.02.10.10.

if battery module is 100% and camera is 0%. after snap on, battery will charge the camera to 1% to make sure it can power on. after that, battery module charge and supply power to the function of main unit.
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_gTo3BLjtPmlU
lvl.1
Bangladesh

My Dji action 2 camera unit is not charging at all  when connected to the screen module, tried  in both combination
of adapter plugged  or unplugged but kept prompting  " only  1% battery  remaining...... low battery,  powering  off" for 1 sec. Inaccessible  to use it on just the 2nd day of purchase. need immediate  solution, please.  
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_gTo3BLjtPmlU
lvl.1
Bangladesh

DJI-ytao Posted at 3-1 18:03
Hi, plz update to 01.02.10.10.

if battery module is 100% and camera is 0%. after snap on, battery will charge the camera to 1% to make sure it can power on. after that, battery module charge and supply power to the function of main unit.
After updating to (V01.03.3020)  My Dji action 2 camera module is not charging at all  when connected to the screen module, tried  in both combination of adapter plugged or unplugged but kept prompting   "only 1% battery remaining...... low battery, powering off" for 1 sec. Happened  several repeatation like this..... Despite the screen module is fully charged, the camera  module is completely dead Now. Inaccessible to use it on just the 2nd day of purchase, very frustrating!  Need immediate solution that's truly effective.
2022-4-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_gTo3BLjtPmlU Posted at 4-12 16:09
After updating to (V01.03.3020)  My Dji action 2 camera module is not charging at all  when connected to the screen module, tried  in both combination of adapter plugged or unplugged but kept prompting   "only 1% battery remaining...... low battery, powering off" for 1 sec. Happened  several repeatation like this..... Despite the screen module is fully charged, the camera  module is completely dead Now. Inaccessible to use it on just the 2nd day of purchase, very frustrating!  Need immediate solution that's truly effective.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Would you please check the front-screen module? Please tell us whether the front screen module can use properly? For example, can you tap those buttons normally, and how about the image.
Furthermore, would you please export your camera logs for us? We will forward it to our designated teams for further verification. We will send the instruction to your PM, Please check.

2022-4-12
Use props
djiuser_gTo3BLjtPmlU
lvl.1
Bangladesh

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-12 18:56
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Would you please check the front-screen module? Please tell us whether the front screen module can use properly? For example, can you tap those buttons normally, and how about the image.
Furthermore, would you please export your camera logs for us? We will forward it to our designated teams for further verification. We will send the instruction to your PM, Please check.
I have received  email  from DJI support.  
1) Where should  I write  the case number? on the original  DJI Action 2 box by  marker pen?
2) In remarks  it has been said  NOT to ship the battery,  but both camera and Screen  modules have non-removable batteries.  what should  I do?
dji support  have helped  me a lot about the replacement issue, but will remain closed for 2 days, I need urgent  help  as my shipping  agent needs these information  urgently.  
2022-4-15
Use props
djiuser_gTo3BLjtPmlU
lvl.1
Bangladesh

IftiBashir Posted at 2021-11-24 14:52
Charged the module a bit more - to 37% - and tried again, and it now seems to charge the camera module.

Does this mean the display module needs to be charged a certain amount before it will charge the camera module??

seems like  this a very common problem  with DJI action  2.  my camera  module is full dead, nothing  is working. Has your camera  problem been solved? please  let  me  know.
2022-4-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_gTo3BLjtPmlU Posted at 4-15 21:59
I have received  email  from DJI support.  
1) Where should  I write  the case number? on the original  DJI Action 2 box by  marker pen?
2) In remarks  it has been said  NOT to ship the battery,  but both camera and Screen  modules have non-removable batteries.  what should  I do?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response.
1) The case number should be written on the outside of the original box.  
2) Those remarks apply to multiple repair circumstances, including drone repair. It is just used to remind you to remove the personal accessories before you pack the unit.
2022-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules