2214 42 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1FCB1F62-61C9-456C-AF6D-BF5222F173FC.jpeg FA57D3C5-1979-4CFC-AA16-90071052471F.jpeg These are two images straight out of the camera no real colour in the sky so wanted to see if there was any of that purple shift but I don't see any.
2021-11-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope. Me neither.
2021-11-25
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting. There is a very slight shift on the right hand side, but it is minute compared to some of the other images we've seen.

If you are using Photoshop, open the Info panel and in the Panel Option set one of the Color Readouts to "HSB Color". The sky in the centre has hue values ranging from 195 to 205, whereas the right hand sky is 203 to 212. Saturations around 5 to 10%. That really isn't a large effect, and just applying huge Dehaze values in the Camera Raw Filter don't make it pop as wildly as we have seen.

I get the feeling that there is a slight tendency for the optics to produce this and the optics profiling hasn't quite mapped it out, but I think it's likely that we'll see that sorted in forthcoming firmware/profile updates. I can't see Hasselblad wanting to lose face over this, so there is definitely an incentive to sort it.
2021-11-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicodema Posted at 11-25 09:16
Interesting. There is a very slight shift on the right hand side, but it is minute compared to some of the other images we've seen.

If you are using Photoshop, open the Info panel and in the Panel Option set one of the Color Readouts to "HSB Color". The sky in the centre has hue values ranging from 195 to 205, whereas the right hand sky is 203 to 212. Saturations around 5 to 10%. That really isn't a large effect, and just applying huge Dehaze values in the Camera Raw Filter don't make it pop as wildly as we have seen.

Thanks for that. Ill check it out, but have decided not to return and as you say it’s likely they’ll be working on this. Cheers mate.
2021-11-25
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No worries. I'm glad to see that it's not a problem in all situations, even when the saturation is low like that.
2021-11-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I don't see any purple Hallmark.
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hallmark007. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful photos you have captured using your new DJI Mavic 3. Great work and keep flying. .
2021-11-25
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7759249 ft
Italy

Hi i have a lot magenta/purple in the right side of the footage, less visible in pictures.. whay shoul i do?
2021-11-26
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Italy

Travelwild Posted at 11-26 00:22
Hi i have a lot magenta/purple in the right side of the footage, less visible in pictures.. whay shoul i do?

2.jpg
3.jpg
2021-11-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well the word from dji is they are aware of this and working on it, so presuming at this stage they will introduce a FW/SW fix for this. I would say stay tuned and if you’re really concerned then contact support.
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good indeed.
2021-11-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Send to warranty.
As Hallmark says is not Purple in his, but you have, clearly is a hardware malfunction, as he is having same Firmware as you.
2021-11-26
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Italy

not a all, the video and footage are unusable professionally
look at this one just little dehaze and saturation
2021-11-26
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Italy

dji said to send it back for repair. I opened a repair case already.. incredible, 3000€ and lot of problems, crazy
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Travelwild Posted at 11-26 03:56
look at this one just little dehaze and saturation[view_image][view_image]

That does look purple indeed.
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Travelwild Posted at 11-26 03:58
dji said to send it back for repair. I opened a repair case already.. incredible, 3000€ and lot of problems, crazy

I hope you get it sorted out ASAP!
2021-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, that is way too much purple.  Time to send it back for replacement.  
2021-11-26
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Out of interest, how much Dehaze did you use on those three shots? Great images by the way, apart from the artefacts.

I've been doing some research into Adobe Dehaze, since it's not a parameter I generally use, with it being a bit "black box" for my liking. I stumbled upon this https://www.johnpaulcaponigro.co ... r-shifts-photoshop/

Now I'm not in any way recommending using the techniques that John Paul uses to sort his problem out, but I find it very interesting that from his pretty much monochrome starting image he find Dehaze gives that magenta shift to both sides of the image. I can't help thinking that looks familiar.
2021-11-26
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Got my new replacement Mavic 3 and guess what. Magenta definitely here! You can clearly see it in the sky where stitching is being done. Dehaze at 0. Now DJI, when is this firmware fix coming or should I just give up on Mavic 3 and opt for a refund. This is clearly big issue with Mavic 3.

2021-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-27 05:55
Got my new replacement Mavic 3 and guess what. Magenta definitely here! You can clearly see it the pano in the sky where stitching is being done. Dehaze at 0. Now DJI, when is this firmware fix coming or should I just give up on Mavic 3 and opt for a refund. This is clearly big issue with Mavic 3.

[view_image]

Sh*t are those marks were stitching was done, I realize colour shift but with the pano I see it across the photo but on normal photo it just shows left and right.

I think more communication needs to happen regarding this, if its hardware then they shouldn’t have sent you out a unit obviously not checked, if its SW then when will it be permanently fixed .
2021-11-27
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Got my new replacement Mavic 3 and guess what. Magenta definitely here! You can clearly see it in the sky where stitching is being done. Dehaze at 0. Now DJI, when is this firmware fix coming or should I just give up on Mavic 3 and opt for a refund. This is clearly big issue with Mavic 3.

[view_image]

Yeah definitely shows in that pano. What a pain. I think for a lot of people, if their use cases show this artefact noticeably they're going to have to either wait and hope DJI have got the fix ready to roll in January, or send their M3s back and wait for a resolution. Neither option is great, but at least DJI are pretty straight up when it comes to the second one.

I do wish you the best of luck people.
2021-11-27
Use props
webline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402044 ft
  • >>>
Germany

no magenta - nothing - simple shot without heavy manipulation in LR (compared to the "little dehaze and saturation" - I did nothing here).
2021-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

webline Posted at 11-27 08:36
[view_image]
no magenta - nothing - simple shot without heavy manipulation in LR (compared to the "little dehaze and saturation" - I did nothing here).

Well thanks very much for posting. Good to see that yours are ok.
2021-11-27
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

webline Posted at 11-27 08:36
[view_image]

It does not show up in shots like this. Take a shot were a cloudy sky is taking more than half of the frame and then you can say your Mavic 3 doesn't have the problem.  
2021-11-27
Use props
webline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402044 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-27 13:13
It does not show up in shots like this. Take a shot were a cloudy sky is taking more than half of the frame and then you can say your Mavic 3 doesn't have the problem.

it shows up mainly if you DeHaze in post processing the image...
2021-11-27
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

webline Posted at 11-27 15:17
it shows up mainly if you DeHaze in post processing the image...

In my panorama few posts up Dehaze was set to 0. Not a very good result for a premium drone... My Air 2S does a better job on cloudy photos.
2021-11-27
Use props
Andriusfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10799291 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I think the problem is front arms LED's. They cannot be turned off during shooting images. I the video everything is ok.
I hate DJI FLY APP.
2021-11-29
Use props
Justin Case 7
First Officer
Flight distance : 1664583 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have had no issues with the magenta cast either in photos or video.
I recently received a set of ND filters from DJI. I shot my first timelapse and the magenta cast is quite strong on the right side of the image, especially if I add a bit of Dehaze.
Apparently, it only happens with the ND filter on. I have not tried it with video yet
2021-12-5
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Justin Case 7 Posted at 12-5 00:21
I recently received a set of ND filters from DJI. I shot my first timelapse and the magenta cast is quite strong on the right side of the image, especially if I add a bit of Dehaze.
Apparently, it only happens with the ND filter on. I have not tried it with video yet

Hmm, Vic right? Did you get the ND filters before or after making the "Mavic 3 Photography - All you need to know" video?

The reason I ask is that it is clearly visible even in the thumbnail for that video, and in most photos therein, where there is sky. It's not particularly obvious in the more downward shots of the woods and buildings. See all shots between 3:55s and 4:59s. Noticeable magenta edges. Go back and look now that you know what you are looking for.

Hopefully January will see a software fix for this issue. Otherwise it's going to involve lots of camera unit replacements.
2021-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Justin Case 7 Posted at 12-5 00:21
I recently received a set of ND filters from DJI. I shot my first timelapse and the magenta cast is quite strong on the right side of the image, especially if I add a bit of Dehaze.
Apparently, it only happens with the ND filter on. I have not tried it with video yet

I did have filter on first time ND8 and it was also present, I will have to test further when I get a break in the weather.
2021-12-5
Use props
Justin Case 7
First Officer
Flight distance : 1664583 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Nicodema Posted at 12-5 03:40
Hmm, Vic right? Did you get the ND filters before or after making the "Mavic 3 Photography - All you need to know" video?

The reason I ask is that it is clearly visible even in the thumbnail for that video, and in most photos therein, where there is sky. It's not particularly obvious in the more downward shots of the woods and buildings. See all shots between 3:55s and 4:59s. Noticeable magenta edges. Go back and look now that you know what you are looking for.

Well, you are right,
I had a second look at those pics and there is indeed a bit of magenta on the side, although less evident than in the timelapse.
I don't seem to have it on footage, but I am doing some tests to better understand.
Thanks for the head up!
2021-12-9
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Sounds like someone needs to set up a controlled test indoors, under controlled light. Under a controlled testing environment I suspect you could learn a lot about this. I haven't noticed this issue with my mavic 3, but I havent looked super hard at it either. Someone mentioned the front arm LED's could be a possible cause and I think that is a very good theory and could easily be tested. Perhaps it only occurs under certain color grades. Photographing some color boards in a controlled test could help reveal this as well.
2021-12-9
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tornado12 Posted at 12-9 08:57
Sounds like someone needs to set up a controlled test indoors, under controlled light. Under a controlled testing environment I suspect you could learn a lot about this. I haven't noticed this issue with my mavic 3, but I havent looked super hard at it either. Someone mentioned the front arm LED's could be a possible cause and I think that is a very good theory and could easily be tested. Perhaps it only occurs under certain color grades. Photographing some color boards in a controlled test could help reveal this as well.

One owner did post some pics of a fairly reasonable test setup, grey boards or some such, but a uniformly lit white sheet would be an interesting acid test, with and without LEDs covered/disabled for good measure.

The magenta edges seem to be larger on the right edge than the left, and are very subtle in the unmolested images. Adobe Dehaze seems to really accentuate the issue, especially at 80 and above.

I'm impatient to see if DJI's predicted software fix does iron it out. I suspect it may well do, as it does appear to be quite deterministic.
2021-12-9
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Justin Case 7 Posted at 12-9 08:15
Well, you are right,
I had a second look at those pics and there is indeed a bit of magenta on the side, although less evident than in the timelapse.
I don't seem to have it on footage, but I am doing some tests to better understand.

No worries Vic. Maybe an opportunity to run a test like Tornado suggests, then see if the incoming firmware fixes it.
2021-12-9
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

A coloration issue such as this to me more so suggests a firmware / software issue rather than a hardware defect. I would be curious for example if the colors are off 100% of the time or just under certain circumstances - like with these pale blue / cloudy skies that seem to always show it.
2021-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tornado12 Posted at 12-9 11:20
A coloration issue such as this to me more so suggests a firmware / software issue rather than a hardware defect. I would be curious for example if the colors are off 100% of the time or just under certain circumstances - like with these pale blue / cloudy skies that seem to always show it.

Hopefully thats the case and they issue a FW to correct. I’m waiting because mine is not that bad and I can work around in post. But if its not fixed soon then maybe look at changing.
2021-12-9
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Im hoping DJI can fix all that Color Bleeding and I hope its all via firmware.   I've seen a lot of these problems here and Facebook, so it definitely is rampant.

Good Luck!
2021-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Joecos Posted at 12-9 12:40
Im hoping DJI can fix all that Color Bleeding and I hope its all via firmware.   I've seen a lot of these problems here and Facebook, so it definitely is rampant.

Good Luck!

Yeah I think the fact its in a lot of craft it’s likely a FW/SW issue and one they are likely to sort out quickly.
2021-12-9
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Italy

Got my new replacement Mavic 3 and guess what. Magenta definitely here! You can clearly see it in the sky where stitching is being done. Dehaze at 0. Now DJI, when is this firmware fix coming or should I just give up on Mavic 3 and opt for a refund. This is clearly big issue with Mavic 3.

[view_image]

Same issue here, i got my new replacement Mavic 3 and the problem is still here, also with the new firmware...
2021-12-10
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced