Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frodsham Hill, Helsby Hill and a Distant Moel Famau
2047 10 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john clip
lvl.1

United Kingdom

quick launch from a park just before I had to pick up my daughter. The sunset wasn't as good as I was hoping for but a useful flight to scope out scenes. This was my favourite.

Anyone know if there's any way to reduce lens flare when shooting into the sun? Some kind of filter maybe?

DJI_0112-HDR-Edit.jpg
2021-11-25
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great shot. And I like the light rays!
2021-11-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot.  ND (neutral density) filters would help. They can be fiddly to fit, depending on the model of drone.Judging from the angle of the shot, were you up at Halton Castle?
2021-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice shot!
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not much you can do against sunflares
Adding another layer of glass (ND filter) usually makes things worse, but sometimes it helps.
But other than that I would just embrace them and use them as a part of the image.
I find the DJI sunflares quite pleasing most of the time.

(funny enough, there are a lot of photographers trying to get sunflares in their frames)
2021-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2021-11-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-26 00:42
Not much you can do against sunflares
Adding another layer of glass (ND filter) usually makes things worse, but sometimes it helps.
But other than that I would just embrace them and use them as a part of the image.

On the Phantom 4 ( and my Mavic PP and M2Z ) it's neccessary to remove the glass lens-protector in order to screw on a filter. So no extra layer of glass to diffract the light.  They are devilishly fiddly to fit though.
And I remember a recent shot of yours where you were pleased with the flare effect
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 11-26 01:41
On the Phantom 4 ( and my Mavic PP and M2Z ) it's neccessary to remove the glass lens-protector in order to screw on a filter. So no extra layer of glass to diffract the light.  They are devilishly fiddly to fit though.
And I remember a recent shot of yours where you were pleased with the flare effect

That is always better (to remove a piece of glass before adding one).
The extra layer of reflective surfaces will introduce more risk for unwanted behavior.
Yeah, I have grown to really like them.
Not always, but most of the time they give a nice touch to the image.
2021-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive shot!    
2021-11-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-26 03:20
That is always better (to remove a piece of glass before adding one).
The extra layer of reflective surfaces will introduce more risk for unwanted behavior.
Yeah, I have grown to really like them.

I had a set for the P4, but haven't so far got any for the M2Z.  I think they'd be too fiddly for me to handle.
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blériot53 Posted at 11-26 04:55
I had a set for the P4, but haven't so far got any for the M2Z.  I think they'd be too fiddly for me to handle.

I can see why.
2021-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules