10651 38 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vdh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I received my Mavic 3 today & it will not recognise any SD cards . I checked them in the Mavic 2 pro & they work fine . any suggestions ?

2021-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there vdh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different suggested microSD card on your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of suggested microSD card for the DJI Mavic 3. Thank you.

2021-11-30
Use props
vdh
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-30 18:52
Hello there vdh. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different suggested microSD card on your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post the list of suggested microSD card for the DJI Mavic 3. Thank you.

[view_image]

yes, my SD card was an approved one , it came out of my Mavic 2 pro . I had to format it on my PC to ex fat before the Mavic 3 would recognise it.I thought the Mavic 2 also used ex-fat ?
2021-12-5
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Always a good idea to reformat a card in the actual unit, especially if it is coming from another device (camera, other drone, etc,)
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

vdh Posted at 12-5 12:17
yes, my SD card was an approved one , it came out of my Mavic 2 pro . I had to format it on my PC to ex fat before the Mavic 3 would recognise it.I thought the Mavic 2 also used ex-fat ?

Hi there vdh. Thank you for the reply and as posted below by EFRPIC, it would be best to format the said microSD card on the said DJI drone. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-12-8
Use props
vdh
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

EFRPIC Posted at 2021-12-5 17:31
Always a good idea to reformat a card in the actual unit, especially if it is coming from another device (camera, other drone, etc,)

I couldn't reformat on the Mavic 3 because it would not even recognise it until I reformatted it on my computer to ex-fat. Then after the Mavic 3 recognized it , I reformatted it in the drone
2022-1-18
Use props
whiteyupnorth
New

Canada

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  The drone won't even recognize the SD card to format it.
2022-2-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

whiteyupnorth Posted at 2-23 08:31
Hi, I'm having the same issue.  The drone won't even recognize the SD card to format it.

Then please check the possibility given in the previous message...
2022-2-23
Use props
Chipke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2668323 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

whiteyupnorth Posted at 2-23 08:31

I have same problem with my new Mavic 3, but my problem was, that Mavic was connected to computer and SD card not recognized. While I unpluged cable from PC, SD card was recognized.
2022-2-24
Use props
Chris Webber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 921329 ft
United Kingdom

This will resolve the problem. Take your Micro SD card out of the Mavic.  Slide it into your SD card adapter. Get a camera or ask a friend that has one and format the card via the camera. Replace SD card into Mavic and then you should be good to go!
2022-6-9
Use props
tpilato
New

United States

I bought two recommended Samsung Evo Sd micro Cards and neither is recognized. I dont know anyone with a different device to try and format it as other poster indicated. Whats the solution?
2022-8-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Format it into Fat32 and then reformat it in the drone. Half the time the ExFat format doesn't work if you format it in a PC and then give it to the drone to work out. Give it something simpler to work with (Fat32) and then it'll do the work to reformat it.

Be warned though, on more than one occasion when I've used the drone to format a card, it has become unreadable on a PC. Whilst it's not ideal, you're safe to just fly with it formatted as a FAT32 card, but you'll have split files over 4GB, but it'll be quite strange if you're shooting for that long all the time.
2022-8-23
Use props
Nicolette
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same problem as stated above. Trying to use an SD card from my Mavic 2 Pro in my new Mavic 3 Classic and it will not allow me to format it in the drone  using the RC. My Mac also now does not recognise the disk and will not allow me to format it (FAT32). Not sure what to do next? I am having the same issue with 3 other SD cards, all different brands (but do all appear on the approved list above).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Follow up: I have managed to format (FAT32) the card below but I still get the message 'SD card unavailable'. The specific card I am using is the San Disk Extreme 128 GB V30 A2 which is one of the cards listed above. Any ideas of what else I could do?

2022-11-10
Use props
bobarcand1-sp
lvl.2

United States

I just upgraded from a Mavic 3 to a Mavic 3 Pro.  I don’t get a message regarding the cards, but nothing is recorded on any of my SD cards.  All on approved list and used without issue on the Mavic 3.  I formatted the cards in the new drone, updated firmware, but still no luck.  Help.  Pretty expensive paper weight at the moment.  
2023-6-8
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

I’m having the same problem, I tried everything mentioned above with no luck.  I do have care refresh but I am with in my 30 day return window so this one is going back.  Now I need to cancel my care refresh for a refund.
2023-6-10
Use props
ArcAngell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 474810 ft
United States

BEWARE!!!!

I just got a card from Amazon Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 that was a fake!!!

Here the fake link: BAD SANDISK CARDS

I only got speeds of 31W and 75R wher ei shold have seen 140W and 170R!!!

2023-8-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

^All microSD cards should be checked for authenticity regardless where you purchase and especially from places like amazon or ebay.  Curious to know about your card and why/how you believe your card is fake or counterfeit?
2023-8-15
Use props
djiuser_2MCNtzzuAw8B
lvl.1

United States

The system takes or can take 2 sd cards. One goes in the RC and the other in the drone.  The sd card slot on the drone can be found under the USB C port near the battery compartment.  You can format the sd card in the RC by swiping down from the top of the screen and navigating through the menu.
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_2MCNtzzuAw8B
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_2MCNtzzuAw8B Posted at 9-4 08:31
The system takes or can take 2 sd cards. One goes in the RC and the other in the drone.  The sd card slot on the drone can be found under the USB C port near the battery compartment.  You can format the sd card in the RC by swiping down from the top of the screen and navigating through the menu.

If you have an sd card in the RC and not in the drone you will see no sd card on the RC. Thanks
2023-9-4
Use props
djiuser_RAmzohDsESII
New

United States

Formating the card in a camera is not working.   Does anyone else have a work around?
2023-10-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_RAmzohDsESII Posted at 10-30 10:25
Formating the card in a camera is not working.   Does anyone else have a work around?

Format it in your computer.
If that doesn't work, toss the card and get a new one or a couple of new ones.
2023-10-30
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2073140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris Webber Posted at 2022-6-9 05:40
This will resolve the problem. Take your Micro SD card out of the Mavic.  Slide it into your SD card adapter. Get a camera or ask a friend that has one and format the card via the camera. Replace SD card into Mavic and then you should be good to go!

Ah, did everything you suggested. Take my DJI Mavic 3 approved Micro as card and format in a camera. Still doesn’t recognize it. Updated firmware too. Zilch!
IMG_1044.jpeg
IMG_1046.jpeg
2023-11-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-4 19:01
Ah, did everything you suggested. Take my DJI Mavic 3 approved Micro as card and format in a camera. Still doesn’t recognize it. Updated firmware too. Zilch!

Is the card recognised by a computer?
Have you tried a different card?
2023-11-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The paint job on that memory chip is really bad.  Compare that to a real one.... they don't have weak and smeared printing like that....
2023-11-4
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-4 19:09
Is the card recognised by a computer?
Have you tried a different card?

Hello All,

This is Kevin C. I'm the person who posted the photos and wrote the quote: "Ah, did everything you suggested. Take my DJI Mavic 3 approved Micro as card and format in a camera. Still doesn’t recognize it. Updated firmware too. Zilch!" For those of you who responded, kindly confirm that you did so on or about November 4-5, 2023. The seller of the Mavic 3 Pro I bought is claiming these are old photos and is not making good on an exchange.

I appreciate everyone's input here. Yes, I tried 3 different SanDisk Extreme Cards. I event formatted them in other drones because the Mavic 3 Pro I received would not even recognize them to reformat. I tried reformatting in a Nikon D800 DSLR, hence I wrote "Zilch".

I went so far as to order a brand new SanDisk High Endurance Micro SD card, V30, 3U, Class 10 and the drone would not recognize it.

So what I'm asking is if ANYONE saw the photos posted above of controller and the SandDisk Extreme Card BEFORE yesterday (11/4/23)? I know it wasn't. Thanks all for your honesty.
2023-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-5 11:47
Hello All,

This is Kevin C. I'm the person who posted the photos and wrote the quote: "Ah, did everything you suggested. Take my DJI Mavic 3 approved Micro as card and format in a camera. Still doesn’t recognize it. Updated firmware too. Zilch!" For those of you who responded, kindly confirm that you did so on or about November 4-5, 2023. The seller of the Mavic 3 Pro I bought is claiming these are old photos and is not making good on an exchange.

And is the card/s recognised in a computer?
Have you tried formatting it in a computer?

If you are having trouble getting your cards to work in other drones, that's pointing to a problem with the cards.
I'd buy from a different source.
2023-11-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-4 19:01

Let us know when you can make the time to find a computer and try reformatting the card.  Until then, you probably don't need to let us know that you tried other cameras and other drones and other methods to format the card.  We'd like to hear about a Windows computer at this point.  You think you can manage that?
2023-11-5
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-5 11:58
And is the card/s recognised in a computer?
Have you tried formatting it in a computer?

Thank you for your reply, but I think I already answered that, no, I am not having problems using these very same BRAND NEW cards in Any of my other drones. Not My Mavic 2 zoom, not my DJI Avata, FPV, not my Mini 2, and not in my workhorse Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

I think it's abundantly obvious the only drone I'm having an issue with ANY CARD is the DJI Mavic 3 Pro I just received. The seller assured me that it was a floor model and was thoroughly tested before shipping out.

I'm not a newbie. Been flying DJI since 2015 and trained many pilots how to unbrick drones for 5 years as a DartDrones instructor. I tried reaching out to DJI directly, but their customer service has gone down the tubes. You folks on this forum were my next stop. I was hoping the DJI authorized seller would stand behind the product he sold me, but he changed the conversation from being totally helpful to thinking that the photos I sent him today (Sunday 11/5/23) were taken from THIS blog. Well, considering I am the one who posted them here last night around 10pm East Coast Time (19:01 West Coast Time) on November 4, 2023 (Before the Daylight Saving Time Change), well yeah - they are MY photos! He accused me of stealing photos from someone named Chris W. who posted something from last year. Apparently, the seller (who I am keeping anonymous) failed to see the date stamp of my reply last night.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel worse than I feel right now knowing that the drone I have will not accept ANY Micro SD cards. Someone suggested I format the card in a computer. Well, that might be a bandaid, but what happens when I'm bricked with the NEXT card I purchase and install? There's clearly something going wrong with this unit. I updated the firmware pronto upon receiving and it's still not working.

This needs to be made right.

I'm hoping the Administrator of this blog is reading this. Again, thanks all for your time and suggestions, but it's clearly the drone, not the cards.
Kevin C.
2023-11-5
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Chris Webber Posted at 2022-6-9 05:40
This will resolve the problem. Take your Micro SD card out of the Mavic.  Slide it into your SD card adapter. Get a camera or ask a friend that has one and format the card via the camera. Replace SD card into Mavic and then you should be good to go!

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Could you kindly confirm that YOU did not post the photos of the SanDisk Extreme Micro SD card in the hand nor the photo of my controller in my original thread?

the seller seems to think they were your photos.

Much appreciated!
Kevin C.
2023-11-5
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-4 20:04
The paint job on that memory chip is really bad.  Compare that to a real one.... they don't have weak and smeared printing like that....

It's a low-resolution photo zoomed in. The paint is perfect, Sherlock

2023-11-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

A couple things - is the drone still under warranty? If so, open a case with DJI, forget the reseller. Do you have Care Refresh? The drone has warranty as long as CR is active.
2023-11-5
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-5 17:27
A couple things - is the drone still under warranty? If so, open a case with DJI, forget the reseller. Do you have Care Refresh? The drone has warranty as long as CR is active.

The seller advertised there's 7 months remaining on my model, but he forwarded no original paperwork to file a claim with DJI. Since it's highly unlikely I'm keeping this particular unit, I did not activate DJI Care. I've had this unit just a little over 24 hours and this situation needs to be made right. All I'm asking is for the seller to stand by his word.
2023-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-5 16:38
Thank you for your reply, but I think I already answered that, no, I am not having problems using these very same BRAND NEW cards in Any of my other drones. Not My Mavic 2 zoom, not my DJI Avata, FPV, not my Mini 2, and not in my workhorse Phantom 4 Pro V2.0.

I think it's abundantly obvious the only drone I'm having an issue with ANY CARD is the DJI Mavic 3 Pro I just received. The seller assured me that it was a floor model and was thoroughly tested before shipping out.

I'm hoping the Administrator of this blog is reading this.
Don't expect any help there.
They are next to useless for technical issues, and are just as likely to provide misinformation as correct advice ... if they ever respond.
2023-11-6
Use props
usereeaad59257
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-5 17:02

Here’s another photo of the same SanDisk Extreme Class 10, V30, U3 card taken yesterday. Please note the date on the church bulletin. A brand new SanDisk 128G High Endurance micro SD card, which is on the latest list of approved cards for the Mavic 3 Pro, was tested and not detected by the drone. I did end up formatting both cards in my MacBook Air to “ExFat”. Again, Zilch! - Kevin C. (Posting from my iPhone)
IMG_1057.jpeg
IMG_1049.jpeg
2023-11-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 3 Pro has a bug but not the exact bug you are reporting here.  Have you tried formatting in a windows computer?  Otherwise, yeah I think it might be time to return the drone; wouldn't bother with warranty or care refresh.
2023-11-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-5 21:11
The seller advertised there's 7 months remaining on my model, but he forwarded no original paperwork to file a claim with DJI. Since it's highly unlikely I'm keeping this particular unit, I did not activate DJI Care. I've had this unit just a little over 24 hours and this situation needs to be made right. All I'm asking is for the seller to stand by his word.

I would go ahead and open a warranty case with DJI. The serial number will reveal the warranty status.
2023-11-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

usereeaad59257 Posted at 11-5 17:02

Well, I obviously triggered you if you are calling names.  Grow up.
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_XU5IwY7eCQiL
lvl.1

United States

The mavic 3 pro in question is recognizing the SD card just fine.all it needed was formatted by a another dji drone or on a computer.dont need to open no repair ticket with no one.must know what you are doing with the equipment you buy,the sd card is a 64 gb SanDisk has no bug either, also save the customer alot of money on a mavic 3 pro that was never flown.he save 500.00 bucks.all working and ready to fly to.also he claimed that I didn't send anything on the warranty here I'm going to upload a photo of the device management page showing that it was never flown and how many days it's been activated. that was sent with him when the drone was shipped to him also
20231109_154531.jpg
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_XU5IwY7eCQiL
lvl.1

United States

Here is the device management page on the mavic 3 pro.also it is unbounded from any DJI account.

2023-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules