Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who All Has Returned Their M3 Due to Issues?
12Next >
2255 49 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harkco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Just curious of all the Mavic 3 users thus far, how many have returned theirs for replacement or reufnd due to any particular issue - and what that issue might have been?

My 14 day window closes tomorrow and I'm having issues that a lot of others are noting....

1.  Message the RC not bound to controller upon start up.
2.  Unable to transmit images over bluetooth or Wifi.
3.  SD card issues with RC and Drone.
4.  Drone occasionally drifts in flight with no substantial wind.
5.  Occasionaly sensor not available issues.

In short - just lots of bugs - which I'm sure DJI will address with Firmware, but it's just hard to know what may be solved with firmware and what might be more hardware in nature.  Reading that others are noting similar issues does help somewhat, but it's still very upsetting to have to beta test an almost 6k drone for the next 2 months.  I'm not bashing DJI either - I love their drones - I was just wondering what other issues users are having to help with my decision.

Thanks in advance!
2021-11-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I considered returning mine as well but the drone is just so nice when flying. With a few tweaks here and there it is a marvellous drone, we just need to wait for the firmware to be updated in January.
2021-11-30
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I mean my Cine version doesn't connect to my PC, can't get any footage from it. Dji support couldn't solve it either.
So guess it's gonna go back for a refund
2021-11-30
Use props
fansc69683fa
Second Officer
Finland

I have my second one going back to DJI. First one had multiple problems, magenta cast on the sides of pictures, horizon level problems and wobbling rear arm. The second one had the same magenta cast problem and also blurry right side on pictures so lens was decentered. I'm pretty frustrated  about this situation as the replacement process takes about two weeks. Quality control seems to be very poor on Mavic 3.
2021-11-30
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-30 10:55
I have my second one going back to DJI. First one had multiple problems, magenta cast on the sides of pictures, horizon level problems and wobbling rear arm. The second one had the same magenta cast problem and also blurry right side on pictures so lens was decentered. I'm pretty frustrated  about this situation as the replacement process takes about two weeks. Quality control seems to be very poor on Mavic 3.

Honestly, dont bother. They dont enough new Mavic 3s to send to people as replacements, so they literally repackage mavics returned from other people and send them back out and hope they dont get returned again.
Just send your back and ask for a refund then look at other options, I heard the Autel Evo II might be pretty good.
I have the Mavic 3 Cine, it doesnt even connect to my PC, going back for refund, crazy bad product launch
2021-11-30
Use props
Harkco
lvl.3
United States

Currently the only way I can get images off the Mavic is via USB C connection between the M3 and my iPad Pro or MacBook.  
2021-11-30
Use props
vdh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I get the RC not bound message but it goes away after a few seconds ,My SD cards needed to be re-formatted in ex-fat , after that they were fine,now I just have to learn the new app & controller hahahahaha old fart syndrome
2021-11-30
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4287536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I returned my Cine because the remote kept losing signal at close range:https://forum.dji.com/home.php?m ... uuid=e379f3f1be3c75.

I purchased an M3FMC and I am not in love with that either and I'm considering returning it while I can.  It works ok, but it's just not feeling like it's $3800 better than my M2P.  

The SD card slot seems upside down, nearly impossible to get the card out since the lip on the card can't be reached without tweezers.
The standard remote is more of a toy than a pro tool - lack of full featured buttons/wheels for controlling the drone and setting up shortcuts (No 5D pad or C1/C2 buttons)
The Fly App is by far substandard to Go4
The bag design looks ok at face value, but places the remote buried under accessories, sticks off, making for a longer pre-flight set up process on site.
The RC Pro has an android-based system which makes it clunky to upload/transfer files in the field (though does have good ergonomics)
Unable to turn off landing protection is a bug not a feature for those of us that fly off of boats often.

I wanted to love this drone, but it just doesn't feel like it hits the mark. Maybe next year I'll eat my words.
2021-11-30
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prob will return my Cine because I can't connect it to the PC to download any footage.
That alone is obviously enough to return it, and I haven't even flown it yet to (probably) discover many more issue with it.
Really poor product, what a shame coming from DJI.
Looking for the Autel Evo III now, anyone else ?
2021-11-30
Use props
bcharleson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I unfortunately had to return my Mavic 3 Cine due to camera sensor going out and the obstacle avoidance vision sensors not working at all. Awaiting replacement. Of all the DJI drones I've used in the past, this is the first I've seen this many issues with any of their line up, let alone their "flagship" drone. Upsetting to say the least.
2021-11-30
Use props
Skyris
Captain
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Returned mine, it was flying great and had no other issues apart from the images captured from the camera had blurry spots over it. The camera is the most important feature for me so I had to send it back
2021-11-30
Use props
NGC
First Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-30
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-30
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.4
United States

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-30 13:35
I returned my Cine because the remote kept losing signal at close range:https://forum.dji.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=754939&do=thread&view=me&from=space&uuid=e379f3f1be3c75.

I purchased an M3FMC and I am not in love with that either and I'm considering returning it while I can.  It works ok, but it's just not feeling like it's $3800 better than my M2P.  

Good points, but one thing worth noting - the sd card can be accessed very easily if you remove the battery. Sort of a pain and means you have to unfold at least two legs, but once you do that and remove the battery, getting the sd card in and out is easy.
2021-11-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic 3 is just like a fine wine, the longer you have it the better it gets.  With all the updates coming it will just that much better.
2021-11-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chest Rockwell Posted at 11-30 18:22
Good points, but one thing worth noting - the sd card can be accessed very easily if you remove the battery. Sort of a pain and means you have to unfold at least two legs, but once you do that and remove the battery, getting the sd card in and out is easy.

I never have to remove the battery when removing the card or inserting it. I use a pair of small tweezers just like on all my other drones. Push it in and pull it out.

2021-11-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some guys are saying this costs $3500 or more over the M2p. How is that again? Base M2p is/was $1600. Base M3 is $2200. That is just $500.
2021-11-30
Use props
Skyris
Captain
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 11-30 18:07
I’m sure they will repackage your defective flying blurry camera and give it as a “replacement” to the next person who asks for a replacement.

Of course, I am just wondering what defect I will inherit
2021-11-30
Use props
christangey
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

JBSonic Posted at 11-30 10:38
I mean my Cine version doesn't connect to my PC, can't get any footage from it. Dji support couldn't solve it either.

wow, that's disappointing, and scary for anyone considering the Cine version.  Which I was, now I'm not. The old saying about putting all your eggs into one basket comes to mind!
2021-12-1
Use props
christangey
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 11-30 17:09
This is an alpha product with beta firmware coming at the end of January.

Remains to be seen how many of the issues are firmware and how many are hardware though.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JBSonic Posted at 11-30 10:38

Did you not research this or how you were going to manage prores prior to spending 5k ?
2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that is quite a lot
2021-12-1
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-1
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The message “Remote is not bound to the controller” is a confusing one, which needs a slight explanation. Binding should not be confused with Linking as they are different. Linking refers to the actual communication between the remote or RC Pro, which is carried out by selecting Linking in the Control part of the Fly App. Binding is tying the serial number of the remote to the serial number of the aircraft and form part of the ‘Fly Away’ part of the DJI Warranty/Refresh program. If you Link a different remote to the aircraft you will receive a message that the remote is not bound to the aircraft with an option to bind the remote. The brief message you get at start up may be a result of the start up where the check carried out by the system to confirm that the remote and aircraft are bound. If they are not bound then this may impact any fly away claim you may subsequently make as the result of a flyaway.
You are allowed to fly an unbound aircraft a maximum of 5 times before you have to swap the bound controller to the un-bound one. An internet connection will be needed to carry out this swap.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Buzzyone Posted at 12-1 05:36
The message “Remote is not bound to the controller” is a confusing one, which needs a slight explanation. Binding should not be confused with Linking as they are different. Linking refers to the actual communication between the remote or RC Pro, which is carried out by selecting Linking in the Control part of the Fly App. Binding is tying the serial number of the remote to the serial number of the aircraft and form part of the ‘Fly Away’ part of the DJI Warranty/Refresh program. If you Link a different remote to the aircraft you will receive a message that the remote is not bound to the aircraft with an option to bind the remote. The brief message you get at start up may be a result of the start up where the check carried out by the system to confirm that the remote and aircraft are bound. If they are not bound then this may impact any fly away claim you may subsequently make as the result of a flyaway.
You are allowed to fly an unbound aircraft a maximum of 5 times before you have to swap the bound controller to the un-bound one. An internet connection will be needed to carry out this swap.

That’s exactly how it works for me, its just going through the motions of updating before take off.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-30 13:35
I returned my Cine because the remote kept losing signal at close range:https://forum.dji.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=754939&do=thread&view=me&from=space&uuid=e379f3f1be3c75.

FMC is not $3800 its $2999, standard remote is a let down for this drone, works fine with air and mini. Don’t agree about the app think it will be a better app than go4 and is much better than other drone company’s apps. You have room to leave remote above its compartment with sticks on. The RC pro its difficult to know which remote you have . I fly all the time from boats always with landing protection on, its not a problem but needs getting used to it.
I think because all the features missing from this drone has meant that all concentration is now on the few things that are operating on the drone. If that’s what the problem is might be better returning and waiting, I don”t think this drone is finished yet but I’ve seen similar with most DJI drones and time does make them better.
2021-12-1
Use props
Harkco
lvl.3
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-1 05:36
The message “Remote is not bound to the controller” is a confusing one, which needs a slight explanation. Binding should not be confused with Linking as they are different. Linking refers to the actual communication between the remote or RC Pro, which is carried out by selecting Linking in the Control part of the Fly App. Binding is tying the serial number of the remote to the serial number of the aircraft and form part of the ‘Fly Away’ part of the DJI Warranty/Refresh program. If you Link a different remote to the aircraft you will receive a message that the remote is not bound to the aircraft with an option to bind the remote. The brief message you get at start up may be a result of the start up where the check carried out by the system to confirm that the remote and aircraft are bound. If they are not bound then this may impact any fly away claim you may subsequently make as the result of a flyaway.
You are allowed to fly an unbound aircraft a maximum of 5 times before you have to swap the bound controller to the un-bound one. An internet connection will be needed to carry out this swap.

Thanks for this explanation.  I asked this question on a different thread, and this makes much more sense to me now.  At first I was getting a message that the Remote was not bound to aircraft at startup.  The message has since stopped appearing.  No idea why.  I also had tried to bind my Mac Mini 2 remote as backup to my M3 for a trip I was taking.  I actually then got the message regarding the 5 times.  That was unrelated to the inital binding error, however.

As an aside - I did decided to keep my Cine edition.  I believe the majority, if not all, of my iniitial issues should be addressed with firmware updates.  I flew both my M2Pro and M3Cine last night for a few hours, and while I still love my M2Pro, the M3 is so much more enjoyable.  I absolutely love the dual camera system and the explore option.  Anyway, thanks everyone for their replies.

2021-12-1
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-1
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sent mine for replacement, was notified there are no new units available, so ended up requesting a full refund. Haven't gotten it yet.
2021-12-1
Use props
MeAtHome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

I had the opportunity to try the M3C for a while. Not a product I would buy at this time, so I returned it to the owner and that is it for the time being. Even though it is a very capable drone, it is unfinished and was pushed to the market to early; just like the Hubsan Mini Pro.
I believe that DJI is starting to feel (or fear) competition pressure and is no longer able to have products reach a good level of maturity before they are launched.
I guess I will check on the M3C in about a year from now.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MeAtHome Posted at 12-1 08:58
I had the chance to try the M3C for a while. Not a product I would buy at this time, so I returned it to the owner and that is it for the time being. Even though it is a very capable drone, it is unfinished and was pushed to the market to early; just like the Hubsan Mini Pro.
I believe that DJI is starting to feel (or fear) competition pressure and is no longer able to have products reach a good level of maturity before they are launched.
I guess I will check on the M3C in about a year from now.

I suppose having only 81% of the Market they must really feeling the pinch ;+)
2021-12-1
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 11-30 18:07
I’m sure they will repackage your defective flying blurry camera and give it as a “replacement” to the next person who asks for a replacement.

That is literally what they do, be aware when you get a replacement, it likely is a drone someone else send back for another issue that you might not immediately notice. And the moment the 14 day return phase has passed  it will be very hard for you to return it!
2021-12-1
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-1
Use props
MeAtHome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 09:16
I suppose having only 81% of the Market they must really feeling the pinch ;+)

Commodore even had a larger market share. But within a few years they disappeared from the market; like many other brands since. The higher the flight, the deeper the fall...
2021-12-1
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Cine is packed up and ready to  go back to DJI...
2021-12-1
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7759249 ft
Italy

i sent the M3 for a repair cause an issue with the camera board purple tint on the side of pictures and videos
2021-12-3
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-3
Use props
djiuser_EwPbf8rVv4Zf
lvl.1

Australia

JBSonic Posted at 11-30 11:08
Honestly, dont bother. They dont enough new Mavic 3s to send to people as replacements, so they literally repackage mavics returned from other people and send them back out and hope they dont get returned again.
Just send your back and ask for a refund then look at other options, I heard the Autel Evo II might be pretty good.
I have the Mavic 3 Cine, it doesnt even connect to my PC, going back for refund, crazy bad product launch

This "they just send out returned machines and hope they're not returned again" appears so many times in this forum . . . almost every time preceded by "I hear" . . . really? Does anyone have something more substantial than "I hear"?
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_EwPbf8rVv4Zf
lvl.1

Australia

oops, repeat post. Sorry.
2021-12-6
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4287536 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 11-30 19:37
Some guys are saying this costs $3500 or more over the M2p. How is that again? Base M2p is/was $1600. Base M3 is $2200. That is just $500.

I wasn't talking about base price. I am saying I spent $3800 (including DJI Care refresh and a 4th battery) to replace/upgrade my M2P (which I have 4 batteries for) and I just don't think it's $3800 better than sticking with the M2P I already have.
2021-12-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules