Binding Air 2s or Mini 2 controller to Cine Mavic 3
2896 5 2021-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Just wodering if anyone with a Cine version of the M3 has tried binding an air 2s or Mavic Mini 2 controller to the M3?  I recently went on a beach trip and wanted a backup controller just in case.  I took my mavic mini 2 controller along to test.  It did let me bind it to the Mavic 3, but then gave a pop up stating that I could only continue to use if for 5 more flights or it had to be unbound from the mini.  Just wondering if this is normal?  If I buy a new spare Mini 2 remote that has not been previously bound will that limitation be removed?  Thanks in advance.
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_RO4GpYFvmaSQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1493064 ft
Canada

I have been trying and failing to bind my new Cine controller to my old Mini 2. Obviously, I am very unhappy that I had to buy a new Smart Controller, and could not use my older Smart Controller. But I accepted that constraint. I simply want to have only one Smart Controller to my Mavic 3 Cine and my Mini 2.

DJI please do not force me to sell my Mini 2. I want both drones for different reasons, but cannot accept carrying two Smart Controllers.

If anyone knows how to get around this, please let me know.
2022-1-9
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have used my standard Mini 2 controller with my M3 Cine.

To connect the standard controller you will
Need to have internet connection in order to update the firmware.

After connecting your mobile device to the controller, start the Fly App and then it gives you the option to start a connection guide, select Mavic 3, the Fly App will then update the firmware in the RC.

Once that is done power up the Mavic 3 and once it’s ready, in the Fly App select linking in the App (three dots, control, scroll to the bottom select connect to aircraft) on the drone press and hold the button on the battery for 4 seconds until the drone beeps, after a few seconds it will connect to controller.

You will also need to Bind the controller to the drone to be covered by the DJI fly away cover. Follow instructions on screen.

Currently you cannot connect the RC Pro to different drones. It will only work with Mavic 3 or Mavic Air 2S depending on which it was supplied with, for now!
2022-1-9
Use props
TAMU-IanS
lvl.1
Canada

Currently you cannot connect the RC Pro to different drones. It will only work with Mavic 3 or Mavic Air 2S depending on which it was supplied with, for now!

DJI, please fi this. I want to use my RC Pro with my Mini 2 and my M3. I like both drones and want to use only one controller. Fix this.
2022-2-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

TAMU-IanS Posted at 2-20 13:03
Currently you cannot connect the RC Pro to different drones. It will only work with Mavic 3 or Mavic Air 2S depending on which it was supplied with, for now!

DJI, please fi this. I want to use my RC Pro with my Mini 2 and my M3. I like both drones and want to use only one controller. Fix this.

Currently, after a firmware update, you can use the RC Pro with either the 2S or the M3, but with no others. That will possibly be addressed in a future FW update.
2022-2-20
Use props
TAMU-IanS
lvl.1
Canada

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-20 14:56
Currently, after a firmware update, you can use the RC Pro with either the 2S or the M3, but with no others. That will possibly be addressed in a future FW update.

Thanks. I have been waiting almost a year. I really like my Mini 2 for certain applications and want to use my RC Pro
2022-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules