Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll returned / planning on returning the mavic 3
12Next >
4134 53 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
Captain
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just wondering on the numbers of people who have returned the Mavic 3 for replacement due to hardware / software issues
Single SelectVote, Total 119 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

5.04% (6)
26.05% (31)
50.42% (60)
18.49% (22)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting balance of the numbers so far.
2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think that (as with most DJI releases) there are some things they will really have to fix.
But a lot of the 'big issues' are also related to a new product with a new way of working.
2021-12-1
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Mavic 3 Cine does not even connect to a PC to download footage...
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JBSonic Posted at 12-1 05:39

What kind of PC you are using.
2021-12-1
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 06:29
What kind of PC you are using.

I have 2 Win10 PCs, one is an older laptop, the DJI Assistant 2 installs fine and the Mavic 3 Cine connects without issues, but that laptop does not have USBC.
My Desktop PC is 3 months old Custom build with a Ryzen 9 5950X.
The Mavic 3 Cine does not get recognised by it, when I try to install DJI Assistant 2 it fails to install one driver "Slabvcp.inf", the CP210x from Silicon Labs.
So I can't access  the Cine's main SSD at all on that PC, which makes it unusable for me.
2021-12-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

JBSonic Posted at 12-1 05:39

It has to connect to a usb 3.0 port or more not usb 2.0.
2021-12-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I for one will be keeping my drone. With the small issues that I have, I know Dji will fix them with firmware updates. It is still a great drone.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JBSonic Posted at 12-1 10:21
I have 2 Win10 PCs, one is an older laptop, the DJI Assistant 2 installs fine and the Mavic 3 Cine connects without issues, but that laptop does not have USBC.
My Desktop PC is 3 months old, state of the art high performance PC. Custom build with a Ryzen 9 5950X, 64GB of 3600mhz CL14 RAM, water cooled yada yada, a beast of a machine.
The Mavic 3 Cine does not get recognised by it, when I try to install DJI Assistant 2 it fails to install one driver "Slabvcp.inf", the CP210x from Silicon Labs.

I don’t have any use for prores and I expect a lot of people buying it don’t either, I can see why editors find it useful and why some of them will now only accept footage in this raw form. It was well known that it was not removable its also known that all dji drones with inbuilt storage need to be turned on to download footage. To use USB port it would need power from somewhere and it would still render your drone useless while downloading. Maybe this drone in cine model is for pros who use prores infrequently not full time IE occasion when some customers need it. I believe to have similar set up with dng/prores license and ssd cards with inspire will cost you somewhere in the region of 7500 with 3 batteries and Cadence remote. So maybe its an option for pro use but its not going to do the same job as an inspire 2 with similar kit.

Although I have standard model with pro remote, I’m experiencing a good return for what I spent, I was well aware of features coming in January, most I will not use some I’m looking forward to, I can see slight magenta shift only very slight, but thats about it. I see lots of excellent things in this drone and know it will improve. So I will keep it wait and see.
2021-12-1
Use props
Grimtheviking
First Officer
Flight distance : 11473780 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Keeping mine, happy with it and it will be a brilliant machine once sorted with the updates, (as is the norm with new Dji models) Just disappointed with the basic RC for such an amazing craft.
Thanks Dji but please get your finger out with the updates and fix's asap. Regards.
2021-12-1
Use props
Skyris
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

I returned for a replacement, it was flying great but had bad blurry spots on the images, the main purpose for this drone for me is image quality as I need this for work and clients wouldnt have been happy with it. The only other person I know who bought one had a very bad experience with loss of control and gimbal tilt. Lots of different problems but some sounded quite serious and lucky there wasnt a collision..
I feel the first batch seem to pushed out too fast, I will learn for next time.
Glad to see a good percentage have decent drones but still at the moment its only 55%, 45% is quite a high percentage to have something wrong, serious lack of quality control.
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Skyris Posted at 12-1 16:10
I returned for a replacement, it was flying great but had bad blurry spots on the images, the main purpose for this drone for me is image quality as I need this for work and clients wouldnt have been happy with it. The only other person I know who bought one had a very bad experience with loss of control and gimbal tilt. Lots of different problems but some sounded quite serious and lucky there wasnt a collision..
I feel the first batch seem to pushed out too fast, I will learn for next time.
Glad to see a good percentage have decent drones but still at the moment its only 55%, 45% is quite a high percentage to have something wrong, serious lack of quality control.

That’s tough, but hopefully you get one that’s the way it should be good luck.
2021-12-1
Use props
Skyris
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-1 16:27
That’s tough, but hopefully you get one that’s the way it should be good luck.

Thanks, I hope so too.
I had a similar problem when I purchased the MP2 and had a miss aligned sensor, soft focus on one side of the image, replacement was great so hope this happens this time.
2021-12-1
Use props
digibud
First Officer
Flight distance : 7652890 ft
  • >>>
United States

28% returned for refund is a shockingly high number. I think this group is most likely a bit more picky and more aware than the average person so that number is probably higher than found in the general population, but still shocking.
2021-12-1
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 12-1 17:10
28% returned for refund is a shockingly high number. I think this group is most likely a bit more picky and more aware than the average person so that number is probably higher than found in the general population, but still shocking.

Yea kinda high
Mine is packed up ready to go back too
2021-12-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it possible to switch this so that the results can be seen without voting? Some people may be using it when considering  whether or not to buy.
2021-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-2 08:52
Is it possible to switch this so that the results can be seen without voting? Some people may be using it when considering  whether or not to buy.

Well its possible to show participants and results of all polls , I also think when doing a poll it should be balanced, like ask questions for and against but an even amount of questions for either side. Above we see 3 questions pushing one direction and a single “KEPT” in the other direction.
2021-12-2
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 09:15
Well its possible to show participants and results of all polls , I also think when doing a poll it should be balanced, like ask questions for and against but an even amount of questions for either side. Above we see 3 questions pushing one direction and a single “KEPT” in the other direction.

but to be fair, you either keep it or you dont, there isn't really an in-between.
But it is pretty clear now that the Mavic 3 is by far DJI's most returned/refunded product yet I am sure.
I first started with the Phantom 2 and had many  DJI drones since so I have over 10 years of experience with their products and the Mavic 3 has got to be the most mixed reaction I have ever seen.

And it is difficult, because you have to understand that a company the size of DJI has a significant amount of funding to promote their products. Pretty much all of the popular youtubers/bloggers that talk about the Mavic, hype it up and post videos "best drone evaa" are all in DJI's pocket. Their opinions are not representative of the actual product performance. If you remove all those opinions and just focus on those "pure" opinions of people not paid or sponsored or supported by DJI, the reaction is very mild/negative for the most part.
It will get better come January, for sure, but it seems the M3 does have some hardware issues that cannot be fixed with firmware, and if your particular M3 has any hardware issues is just a matter of luck.

So the M3 definitely is a rushed product,  totally overpriced and absolutely not finished. If you are wise, you wait for Autel Evo III Pro and/or other drones to see what other options there are, you might end up getting a better/equivalent drone for a lot less.
2021-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JBSonic Posted at 12-2 09:33
but to be fair, you either keep it or you dont, there isn't really an in-between.
But it is pretty clear now that the Mavic 3 is by far DJI's most returned/refunded product yet I am sure.
I first started with the Phantom 2 and had many  DJI drones since so I have over 10 years of experience with their products and the Mavic 3 has got to be the most mixed reaction I have ever seen.

I’m not sure I can agree with you , yes if there were 2 questions return or keep, your might get a clearer indication. But it being up on a free poll where anyone can vote whether you have one or not and on a platform where those coming to complain outnumber others greatly. So it always going to be skewed. I also have been around since P2 and I can honestly say many times Ive seen much worse than this. In fact M2 release was followed by similar but many many more complaining about that drone Which in short time was the jewel in DJIs crown. The worst I have ever seen was Mavic 1 release when by far the most complaints from delivery to flyaways software to hardware people were completely losing their Sh*t.

Up above I see 13 have returned, in 2016 that number would be in the 100’s.
I think the most complaints come from those who haven’t bought and won’t ever buy. I think it was a mistake in releasing without the features that always attract huge numbers of buyers, but this could come in 2022 when we see what’s coming.

Regarding you tubers, they always hype up stuff including Autel, skydio go pro etc this is not exclusive to DJI, I’m flying M3 and it has no HW problems, but I have owned more than 20 drones and one thing you could rely on was that some would have problems initially and if they were HW then its simple exchange, I would have seen many posts on every DJI drone over the years to recall the drone but this never happened and nearly always could be put down to hysteria.

So I believe in 3 months this drone will be best in its class out there many of the problems gone and it will become what is expected of it.

Yes release came to early, price may have been set slightly to high and early adopters are used as beta testers as they are with all drones from all companies they botched combos which forced me into buying Pro remote while paying for standard remote . But mine flys good it shoots really great stills and fabulous video that’s why I bought it and I knew what I was buying and this release is no different than M1 or M2 except a lot less complaining “Certainly on this forum”
2021-12-2
Use props
NGC
First Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
Captain
Flight distance : 28328212 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-1 10:23
It has to connect to a usb 3.0 port or more not usb 2.0.

Three of my PC's will not offload from the SSD (all USB 3.1 or higher), including one with two Thunderbolt 4.0 ports. Using a regular USB-C to C cable will allow transfer, so I know it's not the USB-C port on the Cine. The high-speed cable that shipped with the Cine does transfer files normally with dozens of other devices I've tested it with.

I've got to say that I'm never a fan of purchasing high-end electronics at the "REV. 1.0" level. However, I'm very glad I couldn't control myself and jumped on this aircraft at the very beginning. With the holidays nearing, COVID uncertainties, the Chinese New Year, etc., I'm thinking DJI knew exactly what they were doing with this release. It's almost like they get two release dates for the same product, and a DARN good product at that.

P.S. NEVER believe exit polls!
2021-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The topic title is defiantly (sic) not neutral. It asks how many are planning to return it. Most of us would not bother to reply unless we were returning it. It's clearly biased. I suggest doing it again with a neutral title.

Don't get me wrong, I am not that totally happy with my M3 so far, but am willing to wait for the promised "update". If that goes wrong, I will be on the forefront with torches and pitchforks!

2021-12-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 12-2 10:56
Attached is what the recent head of consumer DJI support thinks. Seems to contradict you.[view_image]

Lets hope Dji does not stuff us over. I have a screenshot some where that I saved about the firmware updates. If nothing comes to pass and January comes and goes their Customers will be making noises here and most likely we will be able to return our products based on the fact of false advertising but I am sure Dji will not let us down.
2021-12-2
Use props
Nicodema
Second Officer
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Attached is what the recent head of consumer DJI support thinks. Seems to contradict you.[view_image]

LOL, Ken (Blade Strike) is now Autel Enterprise Support. Why would he not be publicly skeptical about DJI feature roadmap.

His point is fairly valid though, it's never the best plan to purchase on a promise. Also timescales are not set in stone due to the uncertainty inherent in complex systems.
2021-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicodema Posted at 12-3 03:06
LOL, Ken (Blade Strike) is now Autel Enterprise Support. Why would he not be publicly skeptical about DJI feature roadmap.

His point is fairly valid though, it's never the best plan to purchase on a promise. Also timescales are not set in stone due to the uncertainty inherent in complex systems.

I mean look at it this way Nano and other Autel drones announced in September, where are they ? Autel is no shining example ;+)
2021-12-3
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-3
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thx Troll!
2021-12-4
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
  • >>>
United States

And when you get the answer your point was what? Another useless post.  Must be in the same sack as NGC
2021-12-4
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Too many "inconsistencies" at the moment, maybe hardware problems too ...
2021-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

That Ken guy he’s referring to was a moderator here on this forum for a couple of years , he’s wasn’t head of dji support , he worked for dji on other forums and that was it, he now works for Autel, NGC is just a troll you’re right.
2021-12-4
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-4
Use props
Visual Air
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 01:13
That Ken guy he’s referring to was a moderator here on this forum for a couple of years , he’s wasn’t head of dji support , he worked for dji on other forums and that was it, he now works for Autel, NGC is just a troll you’re right.

Yes I remember him from ages ago.
2021-12-4
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think you should make participants visible in this poll .
2021-12-8
Use props
TP-FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

I just threw your voting off, these forum voting concepts are stupid!
2021-12-8
Use props
Skyris
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

TP-FPV Posted at 12-8 08:49
I just threw your voting off, these forum voting concepts are stupid!

your so cool
2021-12-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s the reason you should make participants visible. There are plenty of idiots like above around here ;+)
2021-12-8
Use props
Skyris
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

The reason I posted this poll is that I had a bad copy, a friend had a very bad copy, we both bought straight after the release, I just wanted to see how many others had to return theirs due to DJI sending out a bunch of unchecked drones..
2021-12-8
Use props
Skyris
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-8 12:55
That’s the reason you should make participants visible. There are plenty of idiots like above around here ;+)

Sorry not sure how to do that, I checked another box so let me know if that worked
2021-12-8
Use props
TP-FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Skyris Posted at 12-8 12:59
The reason I posted this poll is that I had a bad copy, a friend had a very bad copy, we both bought straight after the release, I just wanted to see how many others had to return theirs due to DJI sending out a bunch of unchecked drones..

That is a question others can answer. No reason for useless polls people vote for!
I think you can get a very good idea reading through the good posts on how many people have bad copies.
I would disregard most all of the YouTube garbage as well!

2021-12-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules