The truth about NOT supporting GoPro with inspire 1
3520 9 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

So I have been a long time can of the DJI product line but have used GoPro's as my source for images (gopro 3 & 4).  I have been digging around to try and find out if there was really an option for attaching the equipment that I already own and have invested in.  To my surprise (and kind if excited to see and now know why DJI is not very helpful with answering the question regarding gopro options) GoPro is building there own line of drones!!!!

http://online.wsj.com/articles/gopro-developing-line-of-consumer-drones-1417020883

Interesting read if I say so myself
2014-11-28
Use props
doering
lvl.1

Canada

They must be teaming up with a current drone manufacturer. They would not be competitive in the medium to high end market starting from scratch at this point.
2014-11-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The parts to get right are the flight controller and the gimbal.  Congratulations to them for the effort.  It will be interesting to see what they produce in the $500-1000 price range.
2014-11-29
Use props
jryser
New

United States

I prefer the DJI cameras in my stuff that I do for fun and for work.  They just edit nicer on Premiere Pro for me.  
2014-11-29
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

It will be interesting to say the least.  One thing that still amazes me is that neither Canon or Nikon has jumped into the "GoPro" market.  Could you imagine either teamed up with DJI to make the perfect aerial platform and camera in the market!!

Tahoe_Ed, I have been a long time DJI fan and would like to pick your brain regarding your GH4 and BMPC setup.  As much as I would love to think that the inspire is going to be able to fit all my needs, I believe that I will have to invest in the S900.  I want to ask you a few question in regards to the setup you are currently running and which setup you like best.  Is there a way to PM within this form or thread?
2014-11-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2014-11-30 19:13
It will be interesting to say the least.  One thing that still amazes me is that neither Canon or Ni ...

Sorry no PMs yet.  

I personally like the S900, A2 and GH4.  I have one along with the Lightbridge for control and video downlink.  Great flight times with a 21,000mAh lipo, 15-18min depending conditions.  The S1000, which I also own, is a beast.  Unless you own a 5D MK III then I would not bother.  I tested mine with a preproduction Zen HD gimbal.  The video was spectacular but the price is well outside my range.  Canon was kind enough to loan me a camera and lens for the test.
I don't think you will be disappointed with the S900.
2014-11-30
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Tahoe_Ed,  thanks for the info.  do you happen to have any video posted shot with both the A and GH4, also is it true that the gimbal for the GH4 will only support a single specific lens?  Is this true for the A2 as well?
2014-11-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2014-12-1 09:00
Tahoe_Ed,  thanks for the info.  do you happen to have any video posted shot with both the A and GH4 ...

Not handy.  The gimbal is lens specific.  I use the same Olympus lens for both my GH4 and my BMPCC.  I am not sure what you are asking about the A2.
2014-11-30
Use props
hobiehawkrc
lvl.2
United States

Back to topic on hand...

This would also explain why (as the rumor goes) that DJI stopped (or was forced to stop) using the rear port on the GoPro camera for the gimbal interface and use the side port and pain in the A$$ connector ribbon... GoPro proprietary port?... I'm sure it will work with their own machines though ;-)

I will be watching, this should be interesting!
2014-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules