707 4 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
groovy100
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3140876 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thought I'd share the video of my latest flight which took place on the island of Evia in Greece, under a recent heatwave of 39°C heat (in the shade).Was worried that the battery would give up in mid-air due to overheating but all went well without a hitch.

The battery would not charge afterwards for a good 40 minutes until it cooled down (it was boiling hot when I took it out).

The camera had the SnakeRiver Prototyping UV Filter over its lens barrel.

2015-8-3
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

Nice.  However, I have a question about the filter/and what drone are you flying?  I don't see anything that would fit a P3 on the SR site.
2015-8-3
Use props
kevfarthing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11276 ft

United Kingdom

Great video. One question. Is there any benefit to using a second UV filter when the camera on the P3 adv and pro already has one fitted as standard?  
2015-8-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Why you put another UV filter on? UV Filter do very very little to the picture
2015-8-3
Use props
groovy100
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3140876 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

A second UV filter has minimal effect on the image, however it protects the filter that's built into the lens barrel from scratches, especially during a bumpy landing.
It is far cheaper and easier to replace than DJI's own and in the event of scratching during a trip somewhere, I can just remove it and resume flying with DJI's own, while I order a new one.

I am using a modified case with the UV filter for the P2V+3.0 on the Phantom 3 Pro barrel.

Fits snugly and gets the job done.
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules