First Time Flying Over Water
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wjrnys1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198432 ft
United States

Well after 3 weeks i finally felt confident enough to head out over non tera firma. I was a little nervous, but the bird has not done anything strange to make me feel it might plunge down into the sea.

Phantom3 Pro
ND4 and Polorizer filters from Phantomfilters.com
1080p/60 Manual Mode/ ASA100-Shutter speed between 120 and 80  with Zebra Stripes turned on.
set to "Vivid" Style
Found that keeping the shutter speed down with just some or no zebra gives best results.

2015-8-3
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

Nice!  I know they don't recommend flying over water but they are best shots ever with these things aint they?!

Did notice however that your horizon is wacked.  It can be difficult to notice while flying, but something you should check once your up.  Do a quick shoot test and review the vid and adjust the gimble roll in the app accordingly.  U can do it all with the bird in the air in a hover.  I have found the same thing with mine, do a cal on a nice level surface only to hit the air and have a slight skew.
2015-8-3
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Nice stuff. I haven't mustered the courage to put mine out over the water yet. But soon!
2015-8-3
Use props
Rene.io
lvl.1

Netherlands

"Well after 3 weeks i finally felt confident enough" , oh wow, now I really feel bad about the fact I took it above water the first day =\
2015-8-3
Use props
joachimmenke
lvl.1

Ireland

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-8-3
Use props
wjrnys1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198432 ft
United States

stvnvicbc Posted at 2015-8-4 02:36
Nice!  I know they don't recommend flying over water but they are best shots ever with these things  ...

Yes,crooked horizon. That vid was from 2 different days. The last few scenes from this morning, I manually adjusted the gimble roll.But you have to do that again after changing a battery. Maybe a software fix in the next update?
2015-8-3
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

Nice shots! Nice music too.
2015-10-15
Use props
our0borus
lvl.2

United States

Rene.io Posted at 2015-8-3 16:30
"Well after 3 weeks i finally felt confident enough" , oh wow, now I really feel bad about the fact  ...

Oh boy, that's going to go on your permanent record...
2015-10-15
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job! Exposure is spot on and the DJI Camera is sharp as a tack.
2015-10-15
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

stvnvicbc Posted at 2015-8-3 14:36
Nice!  I know they don't recommend flying over water but they are best shots ever with these things  ...

Right but I don't think it is Wally? Everything is low on the right. I am not positive but, isn't there a Gimbal Adjustment in the Pilot Program?
2015-10-15
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Nice video.  I agree it is a little hairy 1st time over water.  There is a guy on YouTube that not just flies over water but "chases" cruise ships as they head out to sea...

his Youtube name is CopterTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT04WFw2YvTaosKUZWyxgXg

Here is one his short ones...I do not have the guts to do this but it looks like a real rush.

Enjoy.

2015-10-15
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

I too love flying over the sea, nothing to worry about, lets face it if you crash your P3 from 100 feet up it doesn't matter if it lands in the sea or on land, it will be totalled, but lets not think about that.
I liked the feel of the film, but the camera changes angle too quickly, either in yaw and even more so in elevation, IMHO you need to slow down the rate of yaw and gimbal elevation.  Someone also said that the exposure was spot on, but to me was predominantly dark, particularly the sea with very little shadow detail.  But the whites were retained well.
Altogether, nice subjects, and worth another visit for sure.
DJI_0196.jpg
2015-10-15
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

There are fewer people at water than the land !!

If it crash, does not differ...
2015-10-15
Use props
Confuser2
New

Canada

Nice sharp vid. ND filter are the way to go.
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Confuser2 Posted at 2015-10-16 13:22
Nice sharp vid. ND filter are the way to go.

totally agree with you , Confuser.
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules