Fastest Ipad model
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

In your experience, which Ipad Tablet is the fastest (refresh rate) with the P3P?
2015-8-3
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad Air 2 but IMO it is too big. iPad Mini 3 would be my ultimate choice.
2015-8-3
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-8-4 06:49
iPad Air 2 but IMO it is too big. iPad Mini 3 would be my ultimate choice.

Is the mini 3 on par with the air 2 as fast as refresh rate?
2015-8-3
Use props
pcmaconly
lvl.2

United States

simple search, not that tuff ( yeah I know, tough )

http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
2015-8-3
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2015-8-4 07:03

I can't say for sure. I use the iPad mini 2 and I have used the iPad Air 2 before. I know the iPad mini 3 has a faster processor in it, so I can only assume that it is faster than my iPad mini 2 and close to comparable to iPad Air 2. For what it is worth, my iPad mini 2 works great as long as I keep it out of direct sunlight and extreme heat.
2015-8-3
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-8-4 07:09
I can't say for sure. I use the iPad mini 2 and I have used the iPad Air 2 before. I know the iPad ...

thanks, keller.
2015-8-3
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

The iPad Mini 2 and the Mini 3 both use the same A7 processor. The only difference is the ability to use Apple Pay with the Mini 3 and the finger print recognition/home button.

The iPad Air 2 uses the A8X which beats the fastest quad core processors used in the Android devises. Not bad for a unit that's a year old. http://tabtec.com/comparison/ben ... 8-4-vs-ipad-mini-3/

B&H late last week had 128gb Mini 3's for $499, They also had a deal on the Air 2, 64gb version for $499 also. Sign up and get on their email list for the best deals.

Rumor has it that the Mini 4 will have the A8X processor and a few new features. Due for introduction mid to late September. Watch for price drops in the coming weeks to deplete stock.
2015-8-3
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

The pixel density on the iPad mini's are a little higher too..  PPI is what you compare on screens to find the best picture. Resolution doesn't matter as much. The iPad Air 2 has the same resolution as the mini 2 and 3 but less PPI so mini's have a better picture...  Also save money and just get the mini 2 finger print reader on the mini 3 is useless In my opinion..  The iPad Air 2 has a faster processor than the mini's so you might get better performance when flying in outside temps above 80, since none of the iPad's have cpu fans all they can do when over heating from hot weather and sun is to slow themselves down and that has been a issue for me and anyone flying a p3 or lightbridge in the heat. Turning hardware decode helps because then the iPads gpu and cpu are decoding the video instead of software only decoding which is done by the processor...   But I built a little device using a peltier device and a 3 cell 8000mah lips battery to keep my iPad cool and it's been working real good...  I will link a peltier device do everyone knows what I'm talking about. They are used in 12 volt coolers to keep the inside cool..  I attached the cool side to the back of my iPad and a heat sink and fan on the other side and it pulls the heat right off it. I flew in 98 degree temps Sunday and my iPad mini 2 didn't slow down at all and my video downlink from my p3 stayed fluid...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27046836 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2015-8-3
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The performance of your iPad can vary a lot depending on your settings in iOS and the DJI Pilot app. Here are some tips to help ensure everything is running as efficiently as possible:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-optimize-apple-device-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388

All has been working well for me so far with the above settings in my iPad Mini 2. An A8 processor is no doubt faster, but I'm not sure you'll see a noticeable difference.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-3
Use props
lukasz.gorczak
New

Germany

I was using iPad mini and iPad Air and both works perfectly. All depends how big screen you need. Personally I prefer iPad Air - i like big displays   I was also using some Android lenovo tablet and performance was much better on iPad.
Please keep in mind that from Apple market only iPad Air and mini fits radio holder. Older versions of iPad are too big.  
2015-8-4
Use props
steve.petry.rit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ipad Air 2 is great I love mine and the screen size... Add the mobile holder from the Inspire to get a rock solid mount for the larger tablets
2015-8-4
Use props
sudiste
lvl.2

Monaco

If you have time wait 2 month, it seems a refresh of the models is coming soon.
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPad_Mini
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Love the IPad Air 2 64GB Cellular. Very happy I switched it up from the iPad Mini 2.
The iPad Mini 2 would get so hot, it couldn't have been healthy for the long term...

The iPad Air 2 doesn't even get warm, though I haven't tried it yet, with the new Go App and FirmWare update this morning.

RedHotPoker

2015-8-4
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

I bought an air 2 for my P3A and I love it, and I am an android person. Fast and responsive, and few issues.

Alan
2015-8-4
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

apsphoto Posted at 2015-8-5 02:43
I bought an air 2 for my P3A and I love it, and I am an android person. Fast and responsive, and few ...

iPad Air 2, love it and the screen is great for viewing.
2015-8-4
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

sudiste Posted at 2015-8-5 01:34
If you have time wait 2 month, it seems a refresh of the models is coming soon.
http://buyersguide.m ...

The way to go right now is, imho, get a mini 2 now on sale (or used) and in 2 months get one of the new ipads with the faster processors.
2015-8-4
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

THANKS EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED. MUCH APPRECIATED.
2015-8-4
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Jkeller84 Posted at 2015-8-4 07:09
I can't say for sure. I use the iPad mini 2 and I have used the iPad Air 2 before. I know the iPad ...

on apple's website everything is the same in the 2 and 3 except the 3 has touch id. everything else is identical
2015-8-4
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-8-4 08:48
The pixel density on the iPad mini's are a little higher too..  PPI is what you compare on screens t ...

Mark, many thanks for the comments and the link.

You wrote that in addition to the Peltier device itself (and the LiPo battery) that you're also using a fan. Do you have a pic of your setup you could post?

Now I have a morbid fear - my vision is a portable table to hold all the electronics!
2015-8-5
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-5 02:19
Love the IPad Air 2 64GB Cellular. Very happy I switched it up from the iPad Mini 2.
The iPad Mini  ...

After all the comments here about Apple devices, I temporarily left the forum (don't nobody do nuttin while I'm gone!) and went to the Amazon site to see what kind of prices were there for Apple devices. I saw several iPad Air devices that were $400 - $600, then found one that was only about $320. However, the less expensive device apparently has an A5 processor. In the back of my tiny brain (and I couldn't find supporting documentation in the DJI SUPPORT screen) I think I saw somewhere that support Apple devices (tablet-variety) must have an A7 or A8 processor. Is that correct?
2015-8-5
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.2

United States

You need the horsepower of the newer processors from what my understanding is, which is why I bought the Air2, plus the larger screen I really like. Photography and making movies are my priority so the larger screen helps with framing and it is easier to see with just a glance so I can keep an eye on the aircraft. Just my preferences.

Alan
2015-8-5
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hands down - no doubt about it - the iPad Air 2 has a faster CPU and graphics co-processor than the iPad Mini 3 or iPhone 6 - and it can run the DJI app controlling my P3 for an hour flight time - 4 batteries back to back without thermally overheating.  In sunny, hot Houston, I do need to use a sun hood to keep direct sunlight off the iPad Air 2 screen, or it WILL thermally shut down.  My iPad Mini 3 gets very hot just from running the DJI app and will video will start pixelating after a few minutes flight time on a hot sunny day (over 90F).

However, the stock mobile device holder is just barely big enough to grab the iPad Air 2 with a thin plastic back protector and no front cover.  Trying to hold both a sun hood and an iPad Air 2 is a real struggle for the stock holder.  I have ordered a mobile device holder extension from a Chinese company to give me another inch of holder extension.  Should be here in a week.
2015-8-5
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2015-8-4 07:03

IPad Mini 3 uses an A7 CPU

Ipad Air 2 uses A8+

So they are not the same. The Ipad Air 2 has a lot more CPU power if you check the reviews

2015-8-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, no comparison, between the iPad Mini 2 A7 and the newer A8X CPU of the iPad Air 2.
I wonder what the next price levels will be like, when the newer iPads are released perhaps in September.
Also curious where speed and CPU sizes will be, in the next iOS generation? Blazing any new trails...

RedHotPoker
2015-8-5
Use props
ParkPrince
lvl.1

China

From the list of iPad models, iPad Air 2 would be my answer. I have used iPad Mini, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 and iPad Pro, and the Air 2 seems to have a better experience. Is that my illusion?
2018-3-19
Use props
思想不正確
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479117 ft
Hong Kong

I think no matter what ipad (mini) u use, the most important is the no. of background app running. Mine using a "clean" mini 2, only installed the DJIGO with several drone apps (like UAV forecast, windy, etc.) and it also works v.smooth with P3P
2018-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules