Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Itelite antenna and HDMI board installed
2991 26 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

Itelite antenna and HDMI board installed and it fits in the case, I modified the mount.

ITEcase.jpg
ITE.jpg
ITE.jpg
ITEa.jpg
ITEb.jpg
2015-8-3
Use props
CaveDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Very sweet setup!  Frankly,  I am more than a little envious,   I want it... waa..  
Let me (us)  know how the HDMI works out!
2015-8-3
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

How much more range does your setup get you?
2015-8-3
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

Waiting on Sky Zone Goggles to get here, I just shot it out to 3 miles with full bars, but I the penetration trough trees is what I am looking for and it is far better than stock.
2015-8-3
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.3

Canada

did you do the mod yourself or get it done? seen the vid on how to do it and it looks finicky.
2015-8-3
Use props
DrACE
lvl.4

United States

Just received my itelete mod today......install took around an hour (took my time).  Hoped all went well as I was reassembling it.  Fired it up tonight in the dark without any issues and it flew great.  Now comes the test tomorrow to see how far out I can get in daylight.  
rsz_20150803_233407.jpg
2015-8-3
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

look super cool! waiting for updates
2015-8-3
Use props
dlongcamp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-4 11:43
Just received my itelete mod today......install took around an hour (took my time).  Hoped all went  ...

I like that, what did you do to modify the mount to get it to fit in the case?
2015-8-3
Use props
TimmyG94
lvl.1

United States

Where did you get your HDMI board?

Seems like the only place that has it for sale right now is the DJI Store but they state "ships 5-7 days after payment confirmed" and that seems unreasonable for shipping time.

Anyone know where I can buy the HDMI board and have it delivered within 2-3 days?
2015-8-4
Use props
DrACE
lvl.4

United States

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-8-4 12:25

The mount for the antenna?  It actually came from itelete that way.  Spring loaded clamps made to fit perfectly on the metal "kickstand" on the controller.  Snaps on and off very easy and is solid and very stable.
2015-8-4
Use props
DrACE
lvl.4

United States

NOTE:  I did notice this.   Itelete website where you order the antenna from, they have a nice youtube video at the bottom that someone made showing a step by step process of the mod.  There is a difference from that video and what I had found when opening up my controller.  The part in the video where you get to the step concerning the 5.8ghz internal antenna and cutting it out of the original antenna and mounting it internally was not needed.  DJI must have did something different with newer controllers because there was only one wire running to each antenna (different than the video as there were 2 wires running to the right antenna....one of which was the 5.8ghz one).  So basically, you free up the old antennas, unplug them carefully, feed the wires through and remove old antennas, make holes, connect the new mod antenna wires, close everything back up, and attach the new antenna externally.   

Pretty simple.  
2015-8-4
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-8-4 12:25

Look at the pic, I cut the mount tabs about 1"
2015-8-4
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

I use hot glue on the cable connections to the RF transceiver and to anchor the cables internally
2015-8-4
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-4 20:40
NOTE:  I did notice this.   Itelete website where you order the antenna from, they have a nice youtu ...

the 5.8ghz is on the inspire 1.  The p3 uses the same controller but without the 5.8ghz RC2RC part.
2015-8-4
Use props
DrACE
lvl.4

United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 2015-8-5 02:47
the 5.8ghz is on the inspire 1.  The p3 uses the same controller but without the 5.8ghz RC2RC part ...

Thanks for the clarification on that.  
2015-8-4
Use props
DrACE
lvl.4

United States

Took a test spin today with the new antenna.  I live on a private lake (decent size) with a ton of trees.   Before I could only get about 2500 feet out before the signal would go red.  Today I went about 6700 feet out when it started to drop bars.  Im sure if I took it higher than 400 feet I would  have been able to go out more but I didn't want to push it.  Huge increase in range for me.  Going to get to the golf course this weekend and see how far I can take it.  
2015-8-4
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

nikolaschoulaki Posted at 2015-9-14 12:44
Do you have any pics to show how you anchored the cables inside the RC.?
Specifically if you can  ...

nope, but I glued:   the transmitter has two outputs and cables attach at right angles, so with the RC sitting in front of you facing normal direction, the transmitter port on the right have the cable go left,,,,, transmitter port on left have cable go right, the cable will snap into the transmitter, glue the cables to the transmitter and glue where the two cable cross each other, provides a nice solid anchor, now the left cable will run along the right edge of the RC, I glued it at two spots along the way, same on left side but up the middle of the controller (because of cable length), you just don't want them flopping around in there.
2015-9-15
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-8-3 19:00
Very sweet setup!  Frankly,  I am more than a little envious,   I want it... waa..  
Let me  ...

HDMI board works great, did first test on my 65" TV, bought goggles, worked but hate them cant see well at all, very near sighted, sold goggles and bought HeadPlay which IS THE BEST! an amazing experience and my friend can view with them while I fly and I love to use them too, you get all the APP data on the screen

I did this flight with Headplay, 3 miles out, sitting in a chair and flying straight out

2015-9-15
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

TimmyG94 Posted at 2015-8-4 06:22
Where did you get your HDMI board?

Seems like the only place that has it for sale right now is the  ...

I got mine (HDMI board) at http://www.atlantahobby.com/. Ordered Sunday night and got it on Wednesday. Very easy to install.
2015-9-15
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

nikolaschoulaki Posted at 2015-9-15 11:19
So it does not matter wich antenna port the cables evetualy connect to? I place the antenna in the ...

nope don't matter as they are identical 2.4 Ghz antenna
2015-9-15
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

Here is my HeadPlay

hp1.jpg
hp.jpg
2015-9-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't mind me asking.....what technique did you use to unscrew the spring connectors so you could move and cut the mounting plate?   I understand that this is a T-nut with a bolt, but I cannot, for the life of me, get that to unscrew.

I push the spring from the bolt side so it is totally compressed and the hexagonal head of the T-nut is exposed to grip, but when I grip it with pliers and try to use a hex wrench on the other side to unscrew the bolt, I just cannot get a good enough grip on that T-nut head to break this sucker loose.

Any words of wisdom?  I really wanna shorten the mount just like you did.
2015-10-15
Use props
dronewuff
New

Canada

Can anyone describe exactly what each antenna does. I heard that one antenna port transceives control signals and receives video signal ...what's the other lower power output one do???

2015-10-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronewuff Posted at 2015-10-15 17:24
Can anyone describe exactly what each antenna does. I heard that one antenna port transceives contro ...

One antenna is strictly for control communication with your Phantom 3.  The other antenna is strictly for the LightBridge video transmission for your FPV on your tablet.
2015-10-15
Use props
dronewuff
New

Canada

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-10-15 19:01
One antenna is strictly for control communication with your Phantom 3.  The other antenna is stric ...

Why then do vendors sell amps for both ports. I have successfully flown 4.7 km with only one "upgraded" antenna with full bars and video reception. The battery is my restriction right now.
2015-10-15
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronewuff Posted at 2015-10-15 23:53
Why then do vendors sell amps for both ports. I have successfully flown 4.7 km with only one "upgr ...

My only thought on your experience is that the antenna you actually boosted was the video signal.   I believe that the controller signal is a bit stronger than the video signal by DJI design.  This is probably for safety reasons as if your video signal runs out, then you still have control of the aircraft.

I will say that your controller range (if really not boosted) seems quite a large distance.  

You could test my theory by trying to swap the antenna that you are boosting and see if your video runs out much quicker.

Also, why/how did you boost only 1 antenna?
2015-10-15
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

do you think this set up would work for any phantom
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules