607 8 2021-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have noticed my M3 gains altitude by itself occasionally.

I think its the obstacle avoidance seeing things that arent there, and it trying to rise above them, though I don't get any beeps to say so.

The reason I think it is the obstacle avoidance is because if I have the Attitude indicator up, the two bars indicating the horizon are all over the place, and you can also visually see the aircraft constantly braking and re-accelerating.  Setting the obstacle avoidance mode to Off, from Bypass, 100% cures the problem, as does setting it to Sport mode.

I have experienced this on several days - to confirm its not a one off - and the visibility has been good.

The sensor lenses look clean, though I have wiped them with a camera lens cloth to be sure.

Any ideas?

2021-12-15
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of content on this subject can be found here:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D772%26typeid%3D772
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try turning off APAS.   Seems that is a common cause of that.
2021-12-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-15 04:22
Try turning off APAS.   Seems that is a common cause of that.

I notice that RTH put the aircraft back into bypass mode automatically, before reverting to Off (if that was the user's desired setting) once RTH exits.

This means it climbs above 120m on RTH
2021-12-15
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

Other DJI drones I've owned have done this, they either climb or descend on full stick forward.
2021-12-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hawkeye Dronography Posted at 12-15 05:06
Other DJI drones I've owned have done this, they either climb or descend on full stick forward.

I've owned a few DJI's, and done over 1,000 miles in my previous Mavic 2, and never seen this in bright, clear, over land weather conditions.

Hence, I do not class this, which is repeatable on virtually every flight, as normal.
2021-12-15
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

TheBoy Posted at 12-15 05:10
I've owned a few DJI's, and done over 1,000 miles in my previous Mavic 2, and never seen this in bright, clear, over land weather conditions.

Hence, I do not class this, which is repeatable on virtually every flight, as normal.

No no, mine has never did it to this extent I should note. I'm talking 0.2mph vertical with stick full forward. There is some firmware issues probably given that this isn't the first post I've seen about this. I'd say your best bet at this point is be careful and wait for an update.
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TheBoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and kindly please try flying your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-12-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-15 19:00
Hello there TheBoy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and kindly please try flying your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

DJI Stephen - No error messages or any other feedback from the Fly app.

The only clues its happening is the height value increases, plus if you have the attitude/radar indicator on, the virtual horizon moves up and down rapidly as if the drone is braking, then reaccelerating.

I have experienced this issue in at least 3 different locations.
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules