o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
I'm playing with some prores dlog video shots what i have observed :

- the DJI LUT for mavic 3 is really not good or very basic it miss a lot of contrast and saturation.

- This kind of shot requires to add some sharpen on the footage.

Are you agree with these observation and do you have some hints / feedback about the process to grade prores dlog (with davinci resolve) ?

Thanks
2021-12-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DLOG is like RAW photo files, if you are using it, you expect to do your own adjustments.  And yes, the DJI LUT brings the footage back to Rec709, not a final polished product.  From there you want to grade it for the look that you prefer.  So I wouldn't expect it to be the final look.  It brings it most of the way back and then you are expected to finish it off to your liking.  

I'm not a pro colorist and I don't use Resolve, so I'm not going to be useful to give you hints.  However, it sounds like you've already got a pretty good idea of what you need (contrast, saturation, sharpness) in order to get it how you like it.

2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Xavier1984. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with is. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2021-12-15
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

KlooGee Posted at 12-15 13:24
DLOG is like RAW photo files, if you are using it, you expect to do your own adjustments.  And yes, the DJI LUT brings the footage back to Rec709, not a final polished product.  From there you want to grade it for the look that you prefer.  So I wouldn't expect it to be the final look.  It brings it most of the way back and then you are expected to finish it off to your liking.  

I'm not a pro colorist and I don't use Resolve, so I'm not going to be useful to give you hints.  However, it sounds like you've already got a pretty good idea of what you need (contrast, saturation, sharpness) in order to get it how you like it.

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you :-)
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out OrginalDobo,  he released a free out to get a better start on processing.

2021-12-16
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 00:57
Check out OrginalDobo,  he released a free out to get a better start on processing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daFFq_GkVHI&t=453s

Thank you i will check :-)
2021-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xavier1984 Posted at 12-16 01:01
Thank you i will check :-)

You're very welcome.
2021-12-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Try to set it as ArriC and ArriLog, import ARRI Lut. will look better. Also need to be in proper Color Management space.
2021-12-16
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-16 04:16
Bwahahaha! I love your cut and paste which is always the same phrase that you DJI bots use:
"I will cascade these information".
BWAHAHAHAHA. Means nothing.

I’m not sure you understand how software development and software companies work.  Do you think the support rep will just take your suggestion/issue and go code it for you right there and then and give you a new link to download by the weekend?  DJI is a large company with a lot of layers to it.  Front line support reps can only log your request into their system and hope the project management team will decide to take action upon the customer requests/issues.  

Expecting them to do much else is just misplacing your own expectations and causing you unnecessary consternation.  Pass along your feedback and go have a cold adult beverage or go for a flight and don’t take stuff like that so personal. Cheers!
2021-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules