Cine Sensor Dust
1622 14 2021-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

After a myriad of problems with my Cine, here's another kick in the gonads...

I finally got out in the bright sun to shoot a building for a client and found that the Hasselblad's sensor has dust on it.  This dirty sensor snuck past me on my other test flights because I was shooting in low light on a wide aperture.  Only when I closed it up a little (f5.6) on this bright day the dust became even more noticeable. Video screenshot attached.

The lens filter cover & lens itself are crystal clear & clean.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Cine Dirty Sensor

Cine Dirty Sensor

2021-12-18
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I have been flying drones for about 2 years and watched countless Youtube videos but never have I seen Sensor Dust. That's a real worry if it is. On an interchangeable lens camera it's pretty easy to fix but on a sealed drone gimbal? I think you are looking at a return to where you purchased it, you shouldn't have to put up with that. Good luck!  
2021-12-19
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Oh dear this post doesn't offer much hope either...

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... he-mavic-pro.83856/

Definitely back to the shop!
2021-12-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It happens very occasionally (at least, we see it on this foruM), but you can't do anything about it.
Start a support case.
2021-12-19
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does not look like a sensor dust, I'm sorry. Maybe a part of the internal optical tract (lens assembly), but not a sensor. Not that it helps in any way, since we can't clean it up either.
I would still have a second look on the filter (back side) or lens front element. And don't just look, give it an actual clean with the appropriate method. For a spot that small the particle might be nearly imperceptible for a naked eye. Good luck!
2021-12-19
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

Can’t believe I’m the only one that received a dirty sensor. My luck…
2021-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have seen it before obviously would have to have been there through production. Unless its something else. Can you take picture of the Lens with cover off and maybe blow it up “zoom in “ and post here.

What I have seen before is not a single dust spot but a collection of dust spots. Return it or just keep removing in post.
2021-12-20
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

I use Canon pro DSLRs for photography and that definitely looks like sensor dust but I'm not familiar with the construction of the sealed sensor assembly. So it could be an internal filter rather than the sensor, but the end result to you is the same.

You should stop it down to f/11 and then get full blue sky shots to see if there is more dust. Works best when not focused.
2021-12-20
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-20 07:30
I have seen it before obviously would have to have been there through production. Unless its something else. Can you take picture of the Lens with cover off and maybe blow it up “zoom in “ and post here.

What I have seen before is not a single dust spot but a collection of dust spots. Return it or just keep removing in post.

Been busy, sorry it took so long. Here's a macro shot with the cover removed:

F11

F8

F5.6

F2.8
2021-12-30
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

Wavicle Posted at 12-20 11:55
I use Canon pro DSLRs for photography and that definitely looks like sensor dust but I'm not familiar with the construction of the sealed sensor assembly. So it could be an internal filter rather than the sensor, but the end result to you is the same.

You should stop it down to f/11 and then get full blue sky shots to see if there is more dust. Works best when not focused.

Wish I would've seen your reply before I took these images, I've would've un-focused them. At F11 focused I don't see anymore dust at least.
2021-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MM M3 Cine Posted at 12-30 10:47
Been busy, sorry it took so long. Here's a macro shot with the cover removed:
[view_image]

Well it looks fairly clean, but from the photos it clearly exists. I think if it was me I would return it. You have no access to properly clean it so return it .
2021-12-30
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
United States

What you did? I also have dust on my M3 sensor.
2022-12-18
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

Nikolay Atanasov Posted at 12-18 08:03
What you did? I also have dust on my M3 sensor.

I contacted DJI support and they had me ship it back. They replaced my Mavic 3 Cine with a new one.
2022-12-21
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, you basically need to change the camera, it happened on my previous Air2S.
2022-12-21
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

MM M3 Cine Posted at 2022-12-21 09:07
I contacted DJI support and they had me ship it back. They replaced my Mavic 3 Cine with a new one.

Yeah the same with my Mavic 3, they shipped new one with new serial number.
2023-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules