Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin, pan in smoothmode errors
1918 3 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi.
Have a ronin, quite new, hardly used.
Newest FW. Have just tested few times, and yesterday I had some time to realy configure and get it up and running (for a job).
Its a standard Ronin with a stripped canon C300 and a 17-50 lens, hdmi to a monitor on the handle-bar. Nothing hightech. Default restored in the software.
As I am an experienced multicopter user, I know how to balance a gimbal. My proffesion is steadicam operator as well as cameraman. Still I did the balance by the book, checked and double checked the videos, so its perfecly balanced. Did the autotune, and got values about 62 on all three axes.

The roll and tilt works as its expected, as does the pan in "normal", upheld mode.
But as soon as I turn on smootmode, the PAN starts to give me errors. Even when trying to go to BC mode, or up-side-down.

-Pan is NOT smooth, it stops uneven after a physical pan, both directions.
-Mostly the PAN engine "dies", just stops working, and then comes back to life after I stop the physical pan and hold for couple of seconds. Some times with a rushstart, then next second to stop working again. Like if the engine is not engaged.
-I did them all, the settings, the speed, stiffness, deadband, from 0 to 100. Close to 0, about 1-5 it works better, but then its useless, I mean I have to pan manually almost 180 before it reacts.
-The tilt and pan tests.. Tilt is perfectly smooth, but pan is not, its uneven, and if the stiffness is high as the autotune, it kills the pan motor in the "test pan speed".

If check the "viewer" the pan engine goes up to 100% mostly when I do the smoothpan move. Even in low motor power, and at that point it cuts the pan motor. The tilt and roll works at low values.
If I have very low values on the pan, both motor and smooth, and pan veeeeeery slow, it works, well most of the times.. like 6 of 10 tryes..
I have installed the FW couple times. I have done default restore, many times. I have done advanced calibration.
If I turn everything of and check the pan motor rotation by hand, it feels smooth and are not jamed in any way.
No difference with or without the remote...

IMU: v2.3, GCU: v0.12

Faulty from scratch?
Or Ideas?

Thnx in advance

2014-11-28
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

Hi Sir,
I Read your description.And think it is essential you send an video to show the issue.
Thanks,we also need to your location info
2014-12-1
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi Julian.
Will post one soon, to much camera work at the moment.
Location is Sweden.

/Sedric.
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

China

zellevision Posted at 2014-12-3 03:39
Hi Julian.
Will post one soon, to much camera work at the moment.
Location is Sweden.

My email address is xinghao.zhuz@dji.com
Please also keep touch via email

Need your feedback
2014-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules