RONIN APP + ANDROID 11 + RSC 2 = DEVICE NOT WORKING!
5450 12 2021-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keiterstyle
lvl.1

United States

RONIN APP CLOSES IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING!

ANDROID 11!

CANNOT GET PAST "Connect to DJI Ronin to activate DJI device before use" SCREEN ON THE RSC2!

I WAS GOING TO USE THIS AS STABILIZER FOR FAMILY VIDEOS WITH MY SONY A7III THIS CHRISTMAS!

YOU GUYS HAVE SERIOUSLY FAILED US ALL!

#1 OPERATING SYSTEM IN THE WORLD, ANDROID, YOUR APP IS BROKEN,

WHAT IS MY WORKAROUND?

REPLY IMMEDIATELY OR I RETURN!!!
2021-12-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Ronin App through our website first?
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-ronin
If the problem persists, please tell us your phone model and screenshot the information page of your mobile device. Thanks!
2021-12-24
Use props
keiterstyle
lvl.1

United States

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "THROUGH OUR WEBSITE" -> WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD VIA THE ANDROID STORE, LIKE ALL OTHER APPS?

HOW DO I DO WHAT YOU ARE ASKING?
2021-12-24
Use props
keiterstyle
lvl.1

United States

I DON'T WANT TO DOWNLOAD A FILE TO MY PHONE! THIS IS SCARING ME!

I CANNOT RUN THE RONIN GIMBALS WITHOUT THE FUCKING PHONE APP? ARE YOU SERIOUS!

I'M CONTACTING AMAZON NOW!
2021-12-24
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seriously DJI this is the most fucked up thing you guys have done a while. I mean give me a break we can't download the app we have to go through your Chinese bull... to put stuff on our phone.
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_LrE7ObpQ9okR
New

United States

Hi DJI support. I am experiencing the same issue as above commentors.
I downloaded the file from your website, and upon clicking, get an error "cannot open file". Android S20 galaxy.
The app worked well for me for some time. But all of a sudden, immediate close upon click.
Please advise.

2022-5-8
Use props
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

One solution of course would be to get an Apple phone as most DJI apps are in apple store for download and do function.  . Regarding issue with not being able to execute the app in android to install I created this video in link describing steps to accomplish which has worked for many people but not everyone on every Android phone. I used method in video to be able to open / use DJI Go 4, DJI Fly, an DJI Ronin, and DJI Mimo all of which would not open after the phone software updated at some point.

2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_yFxm4Ec4XRwy
New

Colombia

Montivette Posted at 5-24 20:17
One solution of course would be to get an Apple phone as most DJI apps are in apple store for download and do function.  . Regarding issue with not being able to execute the app in android to install I created this video in link describing steps to accomplish which has worked for many people but not everyone on every Android phone. I used method in video to be able to open / use DJI Go 4, DJI Fly, an DJI Ronin, and DJI Mimo all of which would not open after the phone software updated at some point.

https://youtu.be/i7EHMRtxCBQ

This worked. Thank you sir. But I am still extremely upset that DJI isnt able to provide this solution themselves to their customers, let alone have a working version on the android app store. I  had a big film session yesterday and didnt have time to figure out why my app wouldnt connect (when 2 months before no problem). Sucks when you spend hundreds of dollars on a product that that doesnt work because they cant get their software up to date with the most common phone software on the planet.
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_AtXUIe5lfiwx
New

Germany

Similar issue here.
Android 12 just going to the reboot every time when app connecting to the gimbal for a 1st time in a day.
That's crazy behaviour.
Surely shall be fixed with such a price for the product.
2022-8-11
Use props
Mr Hankey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3525850 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Dudes, calm tf down.
Afaik the issue with the app not being in the app store has to do with the US government restricting certain apps/ companies from allowing there latest apps in the app store.

--Download the latest ones from the link the Tech support posted in the 2nd post. Not everything is as you think it is. Atleast you have a platfrpm to find out this information for your self. Instead of ranting and throwing a tantrum about returning your awesome piece of gear (which the rest of us can get to work a-ok) do the research yo!
2022-8-11
Use props
4K-DATA
lvl.1
Denmark

Allow Chrome to install Unknown Apps for a minut
then install Ronin App from DJI Download Center.
This works with my Samsung S21 Android 12 andRonin RSC 2 Combo.
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_DYO2KnTqGn7r
lvl.1

Australia

Device is Huawei P20 Pro

Ok, I have twice download the DJI Ronin app from the link in the second message above and still I get the "Network connection. Check your internet connection".

If DJI Support staff monitor this forum then appreciate a response other I need to go back to the DJI shop.

Device is Huawei P20 Pro
2-10 16:15
Use props
djiuser_DYO2KnTqGn7r
lvl.1

Australia

Footnote to comment immediately above;

I have successfully installed and have no problems with internet connection on my cheap Samsung A13 (backup phone) but, as above, cannot connect with my very expensive Huawei P20 Pro.

I suspect problem has to do with the Huawei being Chinese made and the Samsung being Korean made.
2-10 16:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules