Scratches on gimbal, possibly caused by wide angle lens?
1178 4 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1218196 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi, I noticed today that the gimbal of my Pocket 2 is severely scratched. As I always store it in the original case, I suspect the wide angle lens, that's also stored in the case, causes this scratching. Has anyone else seen this?

20220101_164111.jpg

Kind regards,
Hans.
2022-1-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

There have been reports of Pocket 2 getting scratched despite (or possibly even because of) storing it in it's original carrying case. I have had some too, though not in the place shown in your picture, and not as deeply-gouged as yours.

I checked My Pocket 2 and compared its location in the case, and it seems like the wide-angle lense's location would seem to match with the place of the scratch. My guess is that the wide-angle lens wasn't properly in its slot for reason or another, and that has caused the scratch.

There are small borders at the place where the lens should stay flushed-in, are you sure you properly placed the lens inside them and not so that it rests partially on the borders? If so, could it be that the plastic has bent, flattened or malformed so that the lens won't fit in properly, so that it won't stay on it's place properly?
2022-1-1
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1218196 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is a good chance the wide angle lens wasn't properly in it's slot. It comes out of it's slot to easily. I will no longer store it in the carrying case, as I never use it. The carrying case itself, looks OK.
2022-1-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

hgeurtsen Posted at 1-1 08:14
There is a good chance the wide angle lens wasn't properly in it's slot. It comes out of it's slot to easily. I will no longer store it in the carrying case, as I never use it. The carrying case itself, looks OK.

It is true that the carrying case's slots for some of the additional accessories don't fell terribly well thought-out. I think the worst offenders are the smartphone adapter slots, from which the last time one of the adapters dropped out for me was today. The wide-angle lens's slot isn't much better, even though it does have a magnet it still gets out too easily. Any of these knocks immediately off if bumped slightly.

Might be safer to store them elsewhere if possible.
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hans. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to check of your DJI Pocket 2 is properly placed and seated on its carrying case and if the said scratch affects the performance of your DJI Pocket 2. it would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules