Pop up when starting dji fly
1514 11 2022-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter_vercauterentelenet.be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4646713 ft
Belgium

Couple of days ago I had a pop up when starting the dji fly app. It was something about the flight logs that will be together in an app if I read correctly. The flight logs are stil separate in dji go4 and dji fly. Because I was ready to fly when the the pop ups appeared i choose cancel in stead of “learn more”. Now I the pop up doesn’t show up anymore when opening dji fly. Can somebody tell me something about this?
2022-1-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didnt read that one properly either but I think its about syncing your logs so that you can get flight reports in the future.
2022-1-5
Use props
lvl.3
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 1-5 00:30
I didnt read that one properly either but I think its about syncing your logs so that you can get flight reports in the future.

Hope someone can tell us more. My flight logs our now separate in dji go 4 and dji fly.
2022-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

peter_vercauterentelenet.be Posted at 1-5 00:49
Hope someone can tell us more. My flight logs our now separate in dji go 4 and dji fly.

Ive enabled the DJI sync to Airdata so I can see the last 100 logs theres regardless or drone or app.
2022-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also this was the pop up I got.

2022-1-5
Use props
lvl.3
Belgium

Jep that was it. Can someone post the link that is after join now?
2022-1-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Syncing likely deletes the DAT files from your phone, be aware of this, some people like to keep them even if, from the more recent drones, they are unreadable. Me, I back my logs up to computer and do not sync. I guess this is why my signature flight distance is so low.
If you cancel it do you get the same message at the next boot? Their persistant update messages are a pain in the derrier I hope this will not be another one.
2022-1-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Syncing to who, DJI? dont we already do that?
2022-1-5
Use props
lvl.3
Belgium

Bashy Posted at 1-5 04:36

We do. But since I use enterprise models and commercial models I would like to see my flight logs all together. For the moment they are separated in dji go4 and dji fly app.
2022-1-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-5 04:36

Yes DJI. & Not unless you authorise it.
As a general rule when installing an app I am very careful to ensure that sync'ing is not authorised.
I suspect the flight distance thing in one's signature comes from sync'ed logs, look at mine. I have single flights that have covered more distance than that. I did experimentally do some sync'ing in my early flights but then removed the authorisation or reinstalled the app.

2022-1-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-5 08:02
Yes DJI. & Not unless you authorise it.
As a general rule when installing an app I am very careful to ensure that sync'ing is not authorised.
I suspect the flight distance thing in one's signature comes from sync'ed logs, look at mine. I have single flights that have covered more distance than that. I did experimentally do some sync'ing in my early flights but then removed the authorisation or reinstalled the app.

The flight distance in the forum us from syncing your logs to DJI.  They now partner with Airdata so they can sync directly from DJI to analyse the logs and give various download options.  
2022-1-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, that explains my low distance lol
2022-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now