Is DJI going to offer any discounts for the RC pro controller?
2459 29 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SSherwood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40052 ft
Panama

Does anybody know if DJI is going to offer any discounts for the RC Pro Controller for those who have previously purchased a Fly More Combo? I didn't need the Cine model just to get the pro controller, but was disapointed that there was no other combo that offered the RC pro controller.
2022-1-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI has made no indication of making any offer to those who purchased the FMC.   But numerous people have reported in the forums that when they have called DJI, they have been offered a $50 credit (which isn't much).  Anybody who bought a FMC and also purchased an RC Pro are expected to receive a better offer.
2022-1-6
Use props
SSherwood
lvl.1
Panama

Charles Adams Posted at 1-6 18:05
DJI has made no indication of making any offer to those who purchased the FMC.   But numerous people have reported in the forums that when they have called DJI, they have been offered a $50 credit (which isn't much).  Anybody who bought a FMC and also purchased an RC Pro are expected to receive a better offer.

Thanks Charles. I contacted DJI through online chat and they didn't offer anything! Not even the $50 credit. I wasn't pleased to say the least.
2022-1-6
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

Wow, it pays off to be an early buyer of a newly released product, we are the beta testers for DJI and gladly paid 3000.00 for a product full of bugs that was not ready for release.
2022-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SSherwood. Good day and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future offers/discounts and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-6
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

They offered me $50
2022-1-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i believe dji said earlier they would make some sort of compensation for some buyers.  at this point, you would have to wait until dji makes an official announcement unless you want to try to contact them early.  dji has already made it clear to all buyers if you are not happy with the product that you voluntarily paid for, you are free to return it for a full refund.  it's your call but unfortunately you can't have it both ways...at least not in america.  you cannot keep the drone, claim it is "full of bugs" and then bargain for a new lower price.  you have already been somewhat compensated by an extended warranty/care refresh, no?
2022-1-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

How did you get that
2022-1-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

$50 is not enough. They should be giving a minimum $400 credit. It goes to show what kind or margin DJI is making on the RC Pro.
2022-1-7
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 20:23
Hello there SSherwood. Good day and for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future offers/discounts and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Stephen, is there anything you DO know ?
2022-1-7
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-7
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

How would someone on this forum know??? It's certain you won't get an accurate answer here as NO ONE would know!
2022-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Does anybody know if DJI is going to offer any discounts for the RC Pro Controller for t....." Why should they offer compensation or a discount?
No one forced you to buy the drone with whatever controller it was offered with, no one is forcing you to buy the smart controller either.
2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 10:49
"Does anybody know if DJI is going to offer any discounts for the RC Pro Controller for t....." Why should they offer compensation or a discount?
No one forced you to buy the drone with whatever controller it was offered with, no one is forcing you to buy the smart controller either.

So if you were today buying a Mavic 3 you now have a choice Buy the standard combo or buy combo with RC Pro, those who purchased first did not have this choice, if they wanted a RC pro they needed to buy it direct or buy it with cine option. So for their troubles they were “Forced” if they wanted to buy an RC pro to also buy a standard remote. Yes if the standard remote has something to offer the RC pro doesn’t then it has a value, but it doesn’t. so those who supported this release first were basically sold a piece of equipment they didn’t have any use for.

How would you feel if you purchased a car and you wanted electric mirrors and the dealer said yes you can have electric mirrors but you must also buy the standard mirrors also. Or if you wanted wider wheels and they told you yes but you must also buy the standard ones.

This is no way to treat your customers , it basically insults their intelligence, like saying buy now pay more, wait 3 months pay less. The reason they feel they have to compensate is because they know they got it badly wrong.
I’m waiting to see how this goes and if it goes badly ill will be trying to return my drone and controllers and claim that promised items are missing from the drone so I need money back or full credit for what I purchased. And I hope others think to do the same.
2022-1-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 10:49
No one forced you to buy the drone with whatever controller it was offered with, no one is forcing you to buy the smart controller either.

That's not the point. Basically you can buy the Air2 S with the RC Pro and your essentially paying around $400 for the RC Pro. Some of us early adopters payed around $1000.00USD for the Rc Pro. Do you consider that to be fair business practice? I think its BS
2022-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My point is no one was forced to buy the drone in the first place, if they did buy it was clear what they were buying and they bought it as sold.
Dji have not, as far as I know, said yes you can get the drone with the X but you will have to buy Y too.
Maybe its a lesson in "don't rush in and buy 1st releases, let others work out the bugs and then see how things settle down when the item has been on sale for some time".
2022-1-7
Use props
SSherwood
lvl.1
Panama

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 12:24
My point is no one was forced to buy the drone in the first place, if they did buy it was clear what they were buying and they bought it as sold.
Dji have not, as far as I know, said yes you can get the drone with the X but you will have to buy Y too.
Maybe its a lesson in "don't rush in and buy 1st releases, let others work out the bugs and then see how things settle down when the item has been on sale for some time".

Actually, I purchased to replace a Mavic 2 zoom that was damaged and out of the warranty period. Also, I was not aware (and maybe others also) that the basic controller did not give you the full range the drone is able to fly.  
2022-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SSherwood Posted at 1-7 12:39
Actually, I purchased to replace a Mavic 2 zoom that was damaged and out of the warranty period. Also, I was not aware (and maybe others also) that the basic controller did not give you the full range the drone is able to fly.

Meaning no offence but was the fact that you were unaware of 'xyz' DJI's fault or your's? If the specifications were published, in the public domain and not hidden in small print then, as far as I can see, DJI have done what they can.
And no I am not a DJI ass kisser.

2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 12:24

Yes it was very clear, but then dji moved the goalposts and offered a much better deal, and this is a basic insult to those who only days before this announcement bought at what they thought was and would be the only deal.

I really love when those who didn’t buy out of the blocks tell everyone they shouldn't  jump in and buy early release, if those people took your advice then no one would buy early so there would be no release.

People here are not complaining about bugs late software, they are talking about the deal that was offered to them. If you buy next week for 3000k and dji offer 1 day later the drone for 2000k. Would you take it on the chin and do you think everyone else would accept this practice.

I’m just glad this is down to dji because if it was up to you we should all take it on the chin. In post you write are dji going to offer a discount on RC remote, and in the same breath you think those early adopters should pay more and accept an inferior deal. I’m really not sure where your coming from there.
2022-1-7
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 13:13
Yes it was very clear, but then dji moved the goalposts and offered a much better deal, and this is a basic insult to those who only days before this announcement bought at what they thought was and would be the only deal.

I really love when those who didn’t buy out of the blocks tell everyone they shouldn't  jump in and buy early release, if those people took your advice then no one would buy early so there would be no release.

i think you already know this and yes, we know where you are coming from but ultimately this is all about risk.  Ordinarily I buy right away.  I don't believe the "early adopter" is an economic term so i only associate it with bugs, etc.  You have to know that eventually there will be discounts, sales, upgrade offers, etc and when you buy, you have to be comfortable with that thought.  One day, it's going to happen.  For many it will be days and hours, if you are lucky it is weeks and months.  I factor in return periods, warranties, etc in the risk when i think about buying.  If it were june, i would buy just like you....early buyer.  Honestly I have to say since it is january winter, this put me over the top and now i wait.  I pre-ordered the Autel Evo Nano+ premium and I'm still waiting and it is unknown but I'm willing to take the risk.  Being an early adopter is willing to dive in without the complaints.  Bugs, safety issues fine but prices....what if best Buy has a 50% drone sale this weekend?  I get it, it's dji fault and they know it and they sound like they are trying to make amends but it works both ways.  The opposite is also true.  When skydio announced the 2+, I ordered it right away.  What risk am I taking?  that the price will go UP next month or later this year.  Am i expected to reimburse skydio?  hardly.  i don't even have the skydio yet and it already feels like a win. you win some, you lose some.  im not the greedy american that always had to win every battle and sometimes i take it on the chin because i've had more than my fair share of wins.  But I agree with you, this one is a little bit bigger than taking it on the chin.  DJI screwed this up and it was self-inflicted, i don't think this is the market talking and the customer should not bear the full load this time.  Combined with the extended warranty/care already offered, if I were DJI i would give you $400 in dji money.
2022-1-7
Use props
SSherwood
lvl.1
Panama

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 12:54
Meaning no offence but was the fact that you were unaware of 'xyz' DJI's fault or your's? If the specifications were published, in the public domain and not hidden in small print then, as far as I can see, DJI have done what they can.
And no I am not a DJI ass kisser.

Definitely DJIs fault because they should offer the option of a package for the RC pro controller without having to buy the cine model. I’m beginning to think you work for DJI!
2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 1-7 13:29
i think you already know this and yes, we know where you are coming from but ultimately this is all about risk.  Ordinarily I buy right away.  I don't believe the "early adopter" is an economic term so i only associate it with bugs, etc.  You have to know that eventually there will be discounts, sales, upgrade offers, etc and when you buy, you have to be comfortable with that thought.  One day, it's going to happen.  For many it will be days and hours, if you are lucky it is weeks and months.  I factor in return periods, warranties, etc in the risk when i think about buying.  If it were june, i would buy just like you....early buyer.  Honestly I have to say since it is january winter, this put me over the top and now i wait.  I pre-ordered the Autel Evo Nano+ premium and I'm still waiting and it is unknown but I'm willing to take the risk.  Being an early adopter is willing to dive in without the complaints.  Bugs, safety issues fine but prices....what if best Buy has a 50% drone sale this weekend?  I get it, it's dji fault and they know it and they sound like they are trying to make amends but it works both ways.  The opposite is also true.  When skydio announced the 2+, I ordered it right away.  What risk am I taking?  that the price will go UP next month or later this year.  Am i expected to reimburse skydio?  hardly.  i don't even have the skydio yet and it already feels like a win. you win some, you lose some.  im not the greedy american that always had to win every battle and sometimes i take it on the chin because i've had more than my fair share of wins.  But I agree with you, this one is a little bit bigger than taking it on the chin.  DJI screwed this up and it was self-inflicted, i don't think this is the market talking and the customer should not bear the full load this time.  Combined with the extended warranty/care already offered, if I were DJI i would give you $400 in dji money.

Well I never suffer buyers remorse and have no problem accepting what and how I bought it. But the day after I purchased i wrote here on this forum the anomaly that existed with this particular combination. But I still wanted the RC pro so I had to choose only option available.
Dji have come out and publicly said there decision to go this route was wrong , so lets see how unfair it was. I would gladly return my unused standard RC for a battery and be done with it. The saving for new buyers is likely to be $400 or so and good luck and I’m happy for those getting what is right and proper.
2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-7 13:25
Perfect analogies. Now imagine if the “deal” DJI “offers” is a lousy $50 coupon. That is even more disrespectful.

I think it is insulting, but lets wait and see I hope others believe the same.
2022-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"But I still wanted the RC pro so I had to choose only option available.
Dji have come out and publicly said there decision to go this route was wrong , so lets see how unfair it was. "

Well in that case that blows my argument out of the water and I would have to agree with you.
2022-1-7
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 14:04
"But I still wanted the RC pro so I had to choose only option available.
Dji have come out and publicly said there decision to go this route was wrong , so lets see how unfair it was. "

Well we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I think dji realizes they messed up and hopefully they reset and consider new buyers and what they require. This was the first combo I purchased were value and practicality didn’t seem to match. I do realize I knew the price and the anomaly of having to buy two remotes, but I think dji because of the many problems should try straighten this out for everyone’s sake.
2022-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-7 15:06
Get ready for a measly $50 coupon. Maybe they will also throw in a free piece of gimbal foam as a thank you for being an unwitting beta tester for the unfinished product.

I knew about the beta testing I’m ok with that, lets wait and see if they do anything about the other stuff. I’m thinking it should get sorted this month.
2022-1-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 1-7 09:41
He knows how to cut and paste off DJI’s website.

And thanking people for reaching out and sharing links to junk
2022-1-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-7 15:38
Well we’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I think dji realizes they messed up and hopefully they reset and consider new buyers and what they require. This was the first combo I purchased were value and practicality didn’t seem to match. I do realize I knew the price and the anomaly of having to buy two remotes, but I think dji because of the many problems should try straighten this out for everyone’s sake.

Thank God I've just sold the AU$379 convertible bag on eBay, so there's one less unused fly more combo bag in my wardrobe!!! Frankly if it wasn't my friend in China who had ordered this fly more combo directly from DJI China then I would simply have bought just the standalone version and bought the RC Pro and 2  extra batteries separately.
He gets very decent discounts from DJI to start with so he wasn't  in a position to ask for discount coupons when ordering the RC Pro.
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules