Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Continuous File Index Mode?
2765 5 2022-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dunfr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779413 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I am new to Action 2. Start with both modules connected - video Files go into a 100Media Folder - it starts raining, detach Power Module (not waterproof) internal memory files go into 101Media Folder. First video clips on sd card, and then internal memory, BUT always start file Index from 0001 - consequently now have same file names as 100Media Folder. Is there a way to select Continuous File Index Mode?

At the moment I am having to batch rename and re number each folders files.

I have exactly the same lack of Continuous File Index Mode with my Pocket 2. At least only one sd card! Trouble is the files also have exactly the same file names as Action 2. Always start from DJI_0001.***

So use Action 2 and Pocket 2 you can have 3 sets of different video clips with the same filenames. Just to add to the fun the timestamps on the internal Memory are approx 2 (1:55) hours later than actual time....

There is no ability to rename files in the Mimo app either.

Subsequently, if you try and assemble video with multiple clips in MiMo editor - crash. Similarly try and save multiple camera videos to iPhone photos - you lose half of the images (probably file name issue?).
2022-1-8
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Hi,
I have the same problems.
1- Identical file names in Pocket 2 and Action2.
In contrast, my sony camera gives the option of renaming the first 3 letters. Also can reset numbers each time the card is formatted or just continuous forever.
2- Timestamps of "media created" are buggy.
See my post on this subject: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... pbc=dapforum&page=1
Hopefully, now that I am not the only one, dji may really look seriously into the matter.

My guess is that your local time is ~ GMT+2 hours...?
2022-1-12
Use props
dunfr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779413 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yaman-Python Posted at 1-12 05:55
Hi,
I have the same problems.
1- Identical file names in Pocket 2 and Action2.

Thanks for reply - glad it’s not just me!

The time change is from files saved with media mods connected-disconnect plus 1:55 difference when saved on sd card. I live in uk  so GMT +00:00 (at the moment). As you say timestamps are buggy.

2022-1-12
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, please please please add continuous file index mode. Thank you!
2022-1-17
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

DJI, are you hear your customers?
2022-1-18
Use props
Bonecoll1
lvl.1

Portugal

It is super difficult to organize the files when more than 1 file is generated with the same name, they could have an option to save the date and time of its creation in the file name. Example: DJI_001_04122022_1128.mp4. Or just DJI_04122022_1128.mp4.  This way, files with the same name would never be generated and therefore the dates/times of creation and modification would not be so important.
2022-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules