Setting Waypoints without flying - PHantom 3 Standard
1742 6 2022-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shannon Archer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45515 ft
United States

Is there a way to establish a Wayoint route withpout flying the aircraft?  I have tried stting waypoints, but since it requires a more advanced flight mode, I end up crashing (face it, I'm just not that good of a flyer/pilot).
Maybe there is a way to draw on a map, or enter GPS coordinates, and speed instrucitons into a code book?

Thanks for any suggestions. e

2022-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have a look at Litchi.  It does exactly what you are asking about.
2022-1-8
Use props
Shannon Archer
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-8 21:38
Have a look at Litchi.  It does exactly what you are asking about.

Greetings Labroides - thank you so much.  This is exactly what I was seeking.
2022-1-9
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

With Litchi flight hub you can plan flights for the standard on a PC at home and can download the mission on the flight area of your choise. Note that the altitude of the aircraft is not allways absolute to the ground.
2022-1-13
Use props
Shannon Archer
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 1-13 07:37
With Litchi flight hub you can plan flights for the standard on a PC at home and can download the mission on the flight area of your choise. Note that the altitude of the aircraft is not allways absolute to the ground.

Thanks for the info.  For the elevation issue, how do you adjust for this?  My flightplan will be fairly straght forward.  Do I maybe simply at the elevation desired, take note of the actual elevation, then enter that in in the mission controls?
2022-1-13
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Yo ca make it absolute via heigth of the ground from NN  you fly with added aaltitude of the AC over ground or relative.  But absolute was the savesz way for me. I use mostly P4D as controler software. Litchi does use the same elevation vallue as P4D. You may ask Dirty Bird for exact method of elevation values on missions with Litchi.
2022-1-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Shannon Archer Posted at 1-13 10:59
Thanks for the info.  For the elevation issue, how do you adjust for this?  My flightplan will be fairly straght forward.  Do I maybe simply at the elevation desired, take note of the actual elevation, then enter that in in the mission controls?

By default Litchi waypoint altitudes are relative to the launch point.
Unless you are flying in complicated terrain, this should be very simple and all you need.
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules