1872 37 2022-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Could it be true? Dji saw all the issues and made a V2 version that fixed all or most of the issues that us early beta testers were getting.
2022-1-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I kinda doubt that.
I was one of the unlucky ones with bad connection issues.
When I requested and received the replacement, it still had the pre-2-21-12-10 firmware version, which, in my book, indicates it was an original batch, just a better copy.
You gotta take into account that those tubers would say anything to get more views, so let's not fall into their rumor mill trap.

2022-1-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 1-9 18:07
I kinda doubt that.
I was one of the unlucky ones with bad connection issues.
When I requested and received the replacement, it still had the pre-2-21-12-10 firmware version, which, in my book, indicates it was an original batch, just a better copy.

Did yours come with that foam as well?
2022-1-9
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lol, the V3 will have felt tapes all over the gimbal arms. But jokes aside, I do believe my RC Pro is a 2nd batch though, it has a December buid date, came with later firmware and FLY app 154. Haven't seen any disconnection or any of the reported problems so far. However, there's one thing that I'm very certain about: unlike the Mavic 2, the Mavic3 operates in FCC mode in Australia, and I'm getting easily the best connection I've ever had from a DJI drone.

Screenshot_20220103-062508.jpg
2022-1-9
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I wouldn't pay much attention to the video guy either.
A minor difference in packaging isn't an indication of a second version.
He's building a conspiracy theory on nothing.
2022-1-9
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 1-9 18:43
That bozo in the video is such a clown. What an idiot.

My mavic 3 is definitely a V1, I had it since the 2nd week of November, despite that I only unboxed it 2 weeks ago when I received the RC Pro. No disconnections what so ever, with neither the standard controller nor the RC Pro. By the way, mine doesn't seem to take much longer than my other DJI drones to acquire a GPS satellite lock. I am suspecting the slow GPS acquisition problems could be hardware related.
2022-1-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-9 18:14
Did yours come with that foam as well?

No. I received my replacement in early Dec 2021.
I have requested the U-foam later separately after I have noticed the scratches on the gimbal.
2022-1-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-9 18:47
He's building a conspiracy theory on nothing.

Exactly my point. Just getting the attention, no real grounds...
2022-1-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

No foam on mine and I got mine(or the wife got mine) when it first came out and no disconnecting issue on mine.
2022-1-9
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-9
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

DarthSLR Posted at 1-9 18:55
No. I received my replacement in early Dec 2021.
I have requested the U-foam later separately after I have noticed the scratches on the gimbal.

how you order it, i can't see it in store.
2022-1-9
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wfuzaia Posted at 1-9 19:48
how you order it, i can't see it in store.

I see it here (USA) but they do now have a different format for the online store. When you click on a package, it appears in a banner at the bottom.
2022-1-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we order the foam? then we can call our M3 a V2 as well
2022-1-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

he's full of it but at least he didn't claim he knew it to be true, he simply says his thoughts or he suspected.  the problem is if dji doesn't declare and the people want answers, over time this will start to stick. it's very easy for dji to start adding a foam piece and keep shipping drones but i'm not sure how quickly it would end up in a best buy especially on a cine version.  i think i remember when the problem was discovered or reacted to by dji and it wasn't that long ago.  bestbuy is known for sending product back to the manufacturer so it could be they got tired of taking returns and had their inventory reworked. no response from dji means the people will start coming to their own conclusion and in time, our thoughts will be as good as fact.  in other words, when i go buy the m3 in march and i open the box and it does not have a foam insert, refund. the problems are so bad with first gen m3 v1 that i have zero time to fool around with trying to figure it out.  i won't be the only one unless dji comes out with enough data.  dji doesn't have to tell us everything (i get it you don't want to divulge everything in public) but enough for us to make an informed decision.  dji would be insane if they didn't make changes to the hardware and keeping it a secret is counterproductive and the forum should figure it out and not wait for dji to tell us (because they probably won't and honestly they don't have to) but they shouldn't hide it or cover it up.
2022-1-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for posting this video. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had No foam but No disconnects (for now at least ) either - go figure - might be I am lucky for a change
2022-1-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 1-9 18:40
Lol, the V3 will have felt tapes all over the gimbal arms. But jokes aside, I do believe my RC Pro is a 2nd batch though, it has a December buid date, came with later firmware and FLY app 154. Haven't seen any disconnection or any of the reported problems so far. However, there's one thing that I'm very certain about: unlike the Mavic 2, the Mavic3 operates in FCC mode in Australia, and I'm getting easily the best connection I've ever had from a DJI drone.

I wish we had FCC here, would be nice. Im glad your does not suffer from the disconnect issues, apparently there are quite bit of posts in Mavic Pilots about it.
2022-1-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

He got me curious
2022-1-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

alex_markov Posted at 1-9 22:55
I had No foam but No disconnects (for now at least  ) either - go figure - might be I am lucky for a change

Thats a good thing that it has no issues
2022-1-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lucas775 Posted at 1-9 20:17
Can we order the foam? then we can call our M3 a V2 as well

If I get a new one, mine will be a V3- made in 2022
2022-1-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im waiting for v4.
2022-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-9 23:08
If I get a new one, mine will be a V3- made in 2022

2022-1-10
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

The guy in this video did have a real issue with disconnects, but it was the typical, and well known disconnect issue with the RC Pro controller. He took his whole package back though, including the drone, and got a whole new cine fly more combo. Really what fixed his issue was getting a different RC Pro controller.

There is strong evidence starting to mount that the issues with the RC Pro could be hardware related. We have no so many instances of people getting a new RC Pro and it fixing all the disconnect issues, on the same software, same firmware, just a different rc pro. It does seem to suggest possible hardware malfunction in a batch of rc pro controllers.
2022-1-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does not come with the foam. Let see how comes the replacement drone that I am expecting.
2022-1-10
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine had that foam and received mine just days after the initial release.
2022-1-10
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

The OP is just providing an opinion.  Doesn't make him a bad guy, just someone who it tossing out a possibility.
2022-1-10
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What bloody foam are you talkin' about?

2022-1-10
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tornado12 Posted at 1-10 06:43
The guy in this video did have a real issue with disconnects, but it was the typical, and well known disconnect issue with the RC Pro controller. He took his whole package back though, including the drone, and got a whole new cine fly more combo. Really what fixed his issue was getting a different RC Pro controller.

There is strong evidence starting to mount that the issues with the RC Pro could be hardware related. We have no so many instances of people getting a new RC Pro and it fixing all the disconnect issues, on the same software, same firmware, just a different rc pro. It does seem to suggest possible hardware malfunction in a batch of rc pro controllers.

Totally agree with your RC Pro theory. So lucky to have missed out on the first batch of RC Pro
2022-1-10
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 1-10 06:43

There is strong evidence starting to mount that the issues with the RC Pro could be hardware related. We have no so many instances of people getting a new RC Pro and it fixing all the disconnect issues, on the same software, same firmware, just a different rc pro. It does seem to suggest possible hardware malfunction in a batch of rc pro controllers.

I was also looking at getting the RC Pro, maybe i will wait a couple of months for a new batch to arrive in NZ as those typically dont sell fast here.
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-10 07:11
Mine does not come with the foam. Let see how comes the replacement drone that I am expecting.

It will be a V2
2022-1-10
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NGC Posted at 1-10 11:24
Couldn't have been all of the first batch. I had an RC Pro from the beginning and I've never had issues with connection.

Let's hope our Super Moderator can shed some light here
2022-1-10
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the new one comes with 3 foams will be V3?
2022-1-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 1-10 12:39
If the new one comes with 3 foams will be V3?

2022-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 1-10 12:29
Let's hope our Super Moderator can shed some light here

That doesn't happen in this forum.
2022-1-10
Use props