Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
All Firmware threads gone “Is new FW about to drop
1234Next >
3967 122 2022-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

We normally see fixed Firmware threads at the top of listings and topics dropped when "New" Firmware is about to drop.

What do you think, what will be in it. What's most important. Will there be anything completely new.
2022-1-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may well be onto something hallmark.  Hopefully the next FW update brings lots of fixes to the M3.  A friend of mine is a Manager at one of the Best Buy stores and he said he has never had so many drones returned until the M3 was released.  He contacted the corporate office about the issue and appears it is a widespread issue but was not at liberty to say more about his conversation.  
2022-1-10
Use props
NGC
First Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-10 15:05
I think we are still a couple weeks away. There was just some organizing and the bots here have zero idea when a new fw will be released.

Normally around here we see old threads being dropped or filed away just before new FW drops, I din’t think its this week but confident it will be next week. I think there will also have to an App update.

Or if not maybe before the summer …
2022-1-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
Flight distance : 10238648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I have to admit, the urge to return has been strong given the issues, but I do think that they will end up making it a great device.  It is just off to a rough start.
2022-1-10
Use props
Tony64
First Officer
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I'm also hoping for a major FIX update to this drone, don't get me wrong, just tonight I went through loads of my old stock video footage saved from my Mavic 2 Pro & the difference in quality especially in video was as clear as Night & Day, I really want this drone to turn out to be the flagship it was meant to be, it just needs so much of the software tweeking & sorting out, I hope it works out, but with the amount of returns this is going to be a hard one to come back from.......DJI learn from these mistakes, reputation is hard earned but quickly lost.
2022-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tony64 Posted at 1-10 16:03
I'm also hoping for a major FIX update to this drone, don't get me wrong, just tonight I went through loads of my old stock video footage saved from my Mavic 2 Pro & the difference in quality especially in video was as clear as Night & Day, I really want this drone to turn out to be the flagship it was meant to be, it just needs so much of the software tweeking & sorting out, I hope it works out, but with the amount of returns this is going to be a hard one to come back from.......DJI learn from these mistakes, reputation is hard earned but quickly lost.

I think it will be a great drone.
2022-1-10
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-10
Use props
MHM
First Officer

United States

Hopefully there will be a pro controller FW update along side with the Mavic 3
2022-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-10 16:22
We can only hope. They need to do some major bug fixing- not just adding the promised features.

And when they do add the promised features, they need to have made sure the “new” ones aren’t buggy.

I don’t think the new FW will be smooth, usually when new FW/SW releases it creates loads of problems for the first couple of weeks, but I hope they have tested it to where it should be released, they probably need something positive to happen for this drone.
2022-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MHM Posted at 1-10 16:25
Hopefully there will be a pro controller FW update along side with the Mavic 3

I fully agree my thinking is the pro controller optimization is vital to getting this drone up to spec . I do think it will come with this new FW.
2022-1-10
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hallmark007. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information when will DJI release a new future firmware updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-10
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 16:15
I think it will be a great drone.

We can all hope it won't be the Edsel of the 21st century ;-) You know, the Ford car in the 1950's that failed because of "lies and high expectations". Familiar sound?
2022-1-10
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Captain
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

This very well could be a sign! Keeping my fingers crossed!
2022-1-10
Use props
CloudVisual
Captain
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 15:04
You may well be onto something hallmark.  Hopefully the next FW update brings lots of fixes to the M3.  A friend of mine is a Manager at one of the Best Buy stores and he said he has never had so many drones returned until the M3 was released.  He contacted the corporate office about the issue and appears it is a widespread issue but was not at liberty to say more about his conversation.

I am really pleased to hear this, I hope that it's sending a clear message to DJI to sort things out and listen to the customers.
2022-1-11
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

NGC Posted at 1-10 15:05
I think we are still a couple weeks away. There was just some organizing and the bots here have zero idea when a new fw will be released.

I too know that the M3 has been returned in record numbers- as one large retail manager told me “more than any other DJI product in (the store’s) sales history”. And this is a “very” large retailer.

... I called the DJI support on January 3rd, and they unfortunately told me that the GPS lock problem was not a problem with the software ...
I should reset the firmware of the RC Pro (factory reset) and then reload ...
If that doesn't help, there must be a hardware problem with the M3 (GPS module). The M3 would then have to be exchanged ...
For me it doesn't match, as many report that the problem occurred after the software update (December 10th) ... It's really sad ...
2022-1-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My money is its a week away around the 16/17th.
2022-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 1-11 00:14
I am really pleased to hear this, I hope that it's sending a clear message to DJI to sort things out and listen to the customers.

If anybody at DJI isn't concerned about all the M3 issues it would surprise me.  Hopefully, they don't issue a FW update that introduces more bugs, especially with the Chinese New Year shutdown coming up soon.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
aidenmedia
lvl.4

United States

Come on guys. They DID say "imaging above everything"...we just didn't know they meant EVERYTHING.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

NGC Posted at 1-11 06:02
If you report this to them, they say that they haven’t heard of the issue despite many reports to them.

It’s clearly a fw issue. They are clowns.
... I hope so!     

... that it is a firmware issue.
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
TP-FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-10 15:04
You may well be onto something hallmark.  Hopefully the next FW update brings lots of fixes to the M3.  A friend of mine is a Manager at one of the Best Buy stores and he said he has never had so many drones returned until the M3 was released.  He contacted the corporate office about the issue and appears it is a widespread issue but was not at liberty to say more about his conversation.

Not suprissing drones being returned to a "Best Buy"!
The M3 is a high end drone, I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone purchae on from a Best Buy Store!
Best Buy is terrible for purchasing anything electronic!

2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 1-11 09:31
Not suprissing drones being returned to a "Best Buy"!
The M3 is a high end drone, I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone purchae on from a Best Buy Store!
Best Buy is terrible for purchasing anything electronic!

To each his own.  At least Best Buy has a headache free return policy for me.  I can't even imagine buying it direct from DJI and what the hassles of returning it would be.  Last I checked, Best Buy was the biggest retailer of DJI drones in the United States.

2022-1-12
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 11:33
To each his own.  At least Best Buy has a headache free return policy for me.  I can't even imagine buying it direct from DJI and what the hassles of returning it would be.  Last I checked, Best Buy was the biggest retailer of DJI drones in the United States.

I bought from a local DJI affiliate near me, and I was able to return my first M3 after a week (there was a 2 week return policy).  There were no issues with the return.  Initially on the phone they said that they would need to confirm the defect, but when I was physically at the store they took my verbal word without confirmation, and exchanged the drone.

The issue I had was that after a week, I had constant video disconnects (though I was still able to control the drone with the RC).

The new drone has had only one RC disconnect, and it performed as expected under those circumstances.
2022-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-12 11:46
I bought from a local DJI affiliate near me, and I was able to return my first M3 after a week (there was a 2 week return policy).  There were no issues with the return.  Initially on the phone they said that they would need to confirm the defect, but when I was physically at the store they took my verbal word without confirmation, and exchanged the drone.

The issue I had was that after a week, I had constant video disconnects (though I was still able to control the drone with the RC).

I'm glad to hear that the replacement M3 is performing much better.  Hopefully, the M3 firmware update will be out and soon and bring many bug fixes and a few improvements.  
2022-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-12 11:33

Dji return. Email support they send you a return inventory to fill out give you ups number and date for collection and from there ups collect and deliver your replacement. It’s actually a really good service and traceable through your case number door to door. There is no charge for warranty or care refresh. Its pretty impressive and worry free.
2022-1-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-12 12:27
Dji return. Email support they send you a return inventory to fill out give you ups number and date for collection and from there ups collect and deliver your replacement. It’s actually a really good service and traceable through your case number door to door. There is no charge for warranty or care refresh. Its pretty impressive and worry free.

Thanks hallmark.  Good to know the process is so efficient.   

I'm not a big fan of UPS and all their issues but DJI has to use some carrier I suppose.  
2022-1-12
Use props
seattle_helo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

FedEx is significantly worse. Believe me, I don't like UPS either but FedEx is now next level bad. Such a fall from grace. Once a premium and ultra reliable carrier. Now worthless. So bad it makes UPS look okay, which is really saying something.

The DJI repair process is actually quite good. At one time they had major issues but it's now pretty efficient and well run.
2022-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

seattle_helo Posted at 1-12 14:12
FedEx is significantly worse. Believe me, I don't like UPS either but FedEx is now next level bad. Such a fall from grace. Once a premium and ultra reliable carrier. Now worthless. So bad it makes UPS look okay, which is really saying something.

The DJI repair process is actually quite good. At one time they had major issues but it's now pretty efficient and well run.

2022-1-12
Use props
MerzlyakovIgor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24746145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

I hope that 4K HQ mode will be added (with an approximate focal length of 40 mm).
That's the only thing I want. It is absolutely not enough.
Because only a wide angle on the camera is not a cinema.
It's a turd)
2022-1-12
Use props
JrFTW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3064934 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope so, tomorrow is thurdays. Usually thursdays or tuesdays firmware updates come out. been working with DJI to fix my RC pro controller from randomly disconnecting and they stopped replying to me two days ago but they have all my flight data so I hope everything gets fixed.
2022-1-12
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's looking more like the opposite now; can't even find that original 22nd January firmware release date anymore!
2022-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 1-13 16:02
It's looking more like the opposite now; can't even find that original 22nd January firmware release date anymore!

Chinese New Year coming up after January 22nd, so I’m still confident we will see update before then.
2022-1-13
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 16:13
Chinese New Year coming up after January 22nd, so I’m still confident we will see update before then.

Let's hope the new firmware fixes those GPS and OA related issues, and it will be great if we can see more of the missing features added  to the FLY app.
2022-1-13
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 16:13

I really hope so. What's the bet that the release notes says "Improved Safety"
2022-1-13
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules