DJI (Mavic) Air 3 - can we expect it this year?
13775 18 2022-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Switzerland

Hi everyone and Happy New Year,

just wondering if we can expect upgrade to Air 2S this year?
not saying that Air 2S is a bad drone and I'm loving flying it but I'm a gadget freak and anything which is older than 1 year from release date seem to be 'outdated' for me

Thanks,
Kris
2022-1-11
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Switzerland

Ramon Posted at 1-11 06:41
comprate el mavic 3 .saludos

thanks for pintless advice, not looking to buy something which is almost double priced and weights 75% more , it should be direct replacement for Air 2
2022-1-11
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

The Mavic Air 2 came out in 2020, and the Air 2S came out a little over a year later. While one could interpolate from that the possibility of the Air 3 coming out this year, I would tend to doubt that it will actually happen - they've got two large-ish newer products to distribute and promote and support. Considering the accolades (and steady sales) the Air 2S receives, I would think DJI would be better served by driving sales towards their pricier newer products for the time being.
2022-1-11
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Switzerland

sduck Posted at 1-11 07:55
The Mavic Air 2 came out in 2020, and the Air 2S came out a little over a year later. While one could interpolate from that the possibility of the Air 3 coming out this year, I would tend to doubt that it will actually happen - they've got two large-ish newer products to distribute and promote and support. Considering the accolades (and steady sales) the Air 2S receives, I would think DJI would be better served by driving sales towards their pricier newer products for the time being.

well, the problem with Air 2S is that got no class certification and it most likely causing drop in sales rather than keeping them steady
thats why I'd expect release of  'something'  which is actually compliant, but it might remain as my wish only
2022-1-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Kris. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI future updates for the DJI Air 2S and DJI future drone releases and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-11
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I believe there is a huge selling potential for Air 3 DJI RC combo, if the drone has mandatory class certification...
2022-11-28
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
Ireland

So we’ve got Mavic 3 Classic which is too pricey compared to Air product line and simply can’t justify paying as much… guess will wait another year to replace my Air 2S or will get one of Autels
2022-11-28
Use props
BladeZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I, for one, am not looking to a air 3.  There is nothing wrong with the Air 2S. DJI should not go the way of Apple with a new release with small updates every year.   
2022-11-28
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Having older Air 2 upgrade to Air 3 would be tempting for me, especially if is Air 3 drone equipped with mandatory class certification label. Mavic 3 Classic is great but heavy and large for me...
2022-11-29
Use props
caganimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414252 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

We need the dual iso from mini 3 for better low light and variable aperture from mavic 3 for versatility. I'm really fed up with changing nd filters (no offense but they are of low quality and mess with colors).

the sensor should stay 1 inch just like Air 2S.

resolution/framerate combos of Air 2S are more than enough. But not being able to use spotlight, poi etc... flight modes when shooting 5.4k dlog can be fixed.

i noticed the dynamic range of mavic 3's dlog is higher than air 2s's dlog. it's flatter. i'd love to get my hands on that version of dlog.

extra proximity sensors on the sides wouldn't hurt. as well as smart RTH that avoids obstacles.

now squeeze all those features in the similar size/weight of Air 2S, you got a winner DJI.
2022-12-11
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

caganimo Posted at 12-11 08:48
We need the dual iso from mini 3 for better low light and variable aperture from mavic 3 for versatility. I'm really fed up with changing nd filters (no offense but they are of low quality and mess with colors).

This and I buy one on launch
2022-12-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 11-28 08:47
So we’ve got Mavic 3 Classic which is too pricey compared to Air product line and simply can’t justify paying as much… guess will wait another year to replace my Air 2S or will get one of Autels

Get an Autel have you gone mad
2022-12-11
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crosswired Posted at 11-28 08:47
So we’ve got Mavic 3 Classic which is too pricey compared to Air product line and simply can’t justify paying as much… guess will wait another year to replace my Air 2S or will get one of Autels

Get an Autel have you gone mad……..
2022-12-11
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
United Kingdom

personally never go for mini as its performance in windy conditions simply can't be compared with Airs  
2022-12-13
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-11 23:16
Get an Autel have you gone mad……..

whats wrong with Autels (apart of theirs form factor, read ugliness   )? For me Air line was a great addition which was filling gap between minis (ok to fly in good weather conditions equipped with poor camera) and Mavic series which costs alot which make it not a typical hobby-type of drone. The Airs were ticking all boxes: obstacle sensors, decent camera and flight time (well, the last can be argued tho)
2022-12-13
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

squeeze all those features in the similar size/weight of Air 2S, you got a winner DJI

Class certification and weight under 500g would be great as well for european users...
2022-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules