12Next >
3394 48 2022-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

I'm after a Mini2 to replace my old, faithful P3A but I have heard and read several rumours that DJI are releasing an updated version of the Mini 2 in the near future, possibly called the Mini 2s or mini 3.
Does anybody know definitively whether there is any truth in this?

My reason for asking is that if one does come out then the Mini 2 should come down a bit in price
2022-1-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I reckon the Mini 2 will still be a big seller for Dji for some time to come. It is the ideal starter drone for those taking up the hobby/addiction and I think Dji will hold back on any upgrade at this drone weight until sales of the Mini 2 start to slip. It really is all supposition at the moment. Even then, prices for the mini 2 will hold up.
2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There will always be a new, 'improved' model around the corner especially when you add other manufacturers to the list. When the Mini 2 was released Mavic Mini prices held up for quite a while, they are still fetching reasonable money on ebay UK.
2022-1-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-13 04:45
There will always be a new, 'improved' model around the corner especially when you add other manufacturers to the list.

That is true. But from what I have seen of prices being bandied about for Minis from Autel etc,( approx $1000)  then I guess the Dji Mini 2 has quite a good future ahead of it. Then again..............?
2022-1-13
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

But then I've just found a serious challenger to the Mini2, the Hubsan Zino Mini Pro 4K Drone.

Many low its specs are better than the Mini2 PLUS it has obstacle avoidance AND is cheaper.

Or am I confusing Apples with Oranges
2022-1-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does anybody know definitively whether there is any truth in this?
No-one ever knows anything about future DJI drones until just a couple of weeks before they are released.
Most all "rumours"are pure fantasy.
Don't pay any attention to them.

2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cheddar-man Posted at 1-13 04:53
But then I've just found a serious challenger to the Mini2, the Hubsan Zino Mini Pro 4K Drone.

Many low its specs are better than the Mini2 PLUS it has obstacle avoidance AND is cheaper.

Yogi, sorry I have edited the post you replied to, somehow I had managed to delete the last/2nd sentence during its initial posting.

Cheddar man, I think "old man mavic" over on MavicPilots might have bought one of those, I think he has commented on it, you might like to have a look.
2022-1-13
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-13 04:58
Yogi, sorry I have edited the post you replied to, somehow I had managed to delete the last/2nd sentence during its initial posting.

Cheddar man, I think "old man mavic" over on MavicPilots might have bought one of those, I think he has commented on it, you might like to have a look.

Where do I find him???
2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://mavicpilots.com/#general-forums.1

Click on the magnifying glass, near the top right hand side of the page and do a search for his name by entering his name in the "by member" section.
2022-1-13
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

2022-1-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides is correct, we really should ignore all references to forthcoming drones until we can actually see the product and the retail selling prices.
2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you seen this mini SE £269

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=257975.  &
https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... _now_bar&vid=105351
THOUGH do take note of the estimated shipping date on the DJI site.
2022-1-13
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thanks for that. It's the Mini2 I'm after I think. Best deal found so far.....
2022-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there cheddar-man. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information and updates with DJI's future products / drones and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheddar Man, unless it's the Mini 2's camera your are after you might find comparing the Mini 2 and Mini SE and specifications, or look at second hand Mini 2 combos. My mini 2 was '2nd' hand but the drone itself was unactivated, a care refresh replacement I think and cost significanty less than a new combo.
2022-1-13
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thanks for that SBB, the SE looks just fine and considerably cheaper! Does it have the RTH function or is that is the App? Is it the same App - DJI Fly?
2022-1-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The SE has RTH and uses the FLY app
SE manual = https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
After reading the 'small print' it seems this is sent without a charger which is a bit of a drawback, they are normally available on ebay but look a bit scarce at the moment.
If you are going to want to fly a lot, which is quite likely, then spare batteries are around £50 new but they are available 2nd hand on ebay etc. for less but keep the new price in mind, ditto the 3 battery charging hub.
I suppose with those in mind you would be getting near the price of a second hand Mini 2 combo. It looks as if the SE's control range is similar to the Mavic Mini, some might see that as a disadvantage but I am happy enough with my Mavic Mini but I am a coastal or rural flyer and it can exceed my visual range.
That raises one point, because it is so small you are likely to loose sight of a mini more easily than you would the P3.
Having given it some thought, if this would be your only Mini, I would lean towards a second hand Mini 2 combo, plus you should get the carry bag too. I bought a second hand Mini 2 and no complaints.  
2022-1-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Many thanks for the excellent reply SBB, most helpful. I am definitely leaning towards the Mini 2, all round by far the better drone me thinks.
2022-1-14
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 1-14 05:09
Many thanks for the excellent reply SBB, most helpful. I am definitely leaning towards the Mini 2, all round by far the better drone me thinks.

Mini 2 has 4K camera and better range (different Remote Control) otherwise the hardware is the same as the SE version of the Mini 2. The arms are stiffer on the SE & 2 compared to the original mini, also the wind resistance is better for the 2 & SE than original mini!
2022-1-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I am always very nervous buying second hand without any sort of warranty so might just be able to stretch to this one, cheapest I can find the Mini 2 unless anyone knows of it going cheaper?
2022-1-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

And just found one even cheaper - it pays to search!
2022-1-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I understand your warranty concerns and they are valid.Ebay's buyer protection is quite good, I bought a Phantom3 that arrived with some serious, undeclared stress cracks, I ended up opening a "not as described" case (full refund including the original P&P and the return carriage charge to be prepaid) as the seller was being a ......pillock.
From memory it ended up with ebay sending me the postage prepaid return label (IT MUST BE via a TRACKABLE SERVICE) and refunding me when the seller did not refund with in the time scales laid out.
Other than a brand new Mavic Mini bought, via ebay, from Curries (during one of their offers) all my drones are second hand via ebay. Bear in mind that if a seller lists the item in the "used" or "new" etc. condition categories  (check ebay's definitions of the various condition categories) then the item MUST be fully functional etc. etc. and ebay's definition over rides any 'small print' placed by the seller in the advert's text.Personally I am wary of buying from small independant shops etc. but if you do I would suggest you pay, if possible, via paypal and a credit card. You then have two layers of protection. If you are set on a new drone then I would be inclined to watch ebay for Curries' offers and perhaps Argos' offers or watch Amazon for offers (some are apparently occasionally good but disappear very quickly), Amazon's return policy is very good.

2022-1-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So they say.
But they always say there is one drone around the corner.
Only when they are starting to appear in shops (leaks from that), it is really close. So far only rumors.
I would personally not wait, since the M2 is a good entry drone and you can always upgrade when you really find something is missing. Other than some fancy specs no one really needs.
2022-1-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Make sure to get the Fly More combo.
Good value for money!
2022-1-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Just bought this so it's good bye Phantom forum, though I'll keep me eyes on it as I have many years ow3ning one, and hello Mavic
2022-1-14
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

That's great.  They almost have the app working too!  
2022-1-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

EH???
2022-1-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you get the last one by any chance, it's sold out now or did you cause a "rush" lol?

I think Hunterws is saying that you will find the Fly App .....disappointing.
Just be careful when changing limits etc. the slider adjustments are very easy to accidentally drag about.
EXPERIMENT with the RTH behaviours, they are different from those of the P3.
Also be aware that the CSC manoeuvre is unlikely to stop the propellers in mid air, hopefully you will never need to do that but read up how it works, it differs from the P3.

2022-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aw man, you did do your due diligence on that online shop didn't you, ya know, like reading reviews etc? Cheaper isn't always good, especially when its nearly £100 less than amazon, for  £545 you could have had a really good peace of mind and Care Refresh.

For any product that requires the item to be purchased in the country that the warranty will be used is the best way to go, deffo with DJI.
Looking at that site you bought from, they look like US imports, this could be a major issue and returns may have to go through DJI US and poss at your cost.
It looks like that site takes a restocking fee also, even for warranty returns, also may not have a UK plug, Support is Email or Watsapp only.
Always best to read the reviews, i always ignore the good for the bad......
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dimprice.co.uk

Hope all's well for you though, i really do cause its a great little drone, just remember, there's no sensors! ;)
2022-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-14 16:17
Did you get the last one by any chance, it's sold out now or did you cause a "rush" lol?
I think Hunterws is saying that you will find the Fly App .....disappointing.
Just be careful when changing limits etc. the slider adjustments are very easy to accidentally drag about.

I didnt know about the CSC idea, i thought the idea of that is to stop the motors so it will just drop, not tested it mind ;)

==========================

cheddar-man, i would also make sure sports mode is in a wide open space cause you will find that cornering is different to the phantom, it feels nice cause its smoother but you need a bit more rooms to corner, that's what i felt coming from my P4P, poor things been ignored for the most part, will need to knock some dust off that soon lol
2022-1-14
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-14 19:31
Aw man, you did do your due diligence on that online shop didn't you, ya know, like reading reviews etc? Cheaper isn't always good, especially when its nearly £100 less than amazon, for  £545 you could have had a really good peace of mind and Care Refresh.

For any product that requires the item to be purchased in the country that the warranty will be used is the best way to go, deffo with DJI.

Not quite sure what you're saying here, certainly doom and gloom.
The company is here in the UK as far as I can see?
I think (hope)) I can purchase the Care Refresh package, we'll see when I have a serial number for the drone/camera.
There is the usual 12 month warranty - so not sure where I went wrong. The overall review seems oK.
I took a screen shot of every step of the purchase...............

You've got me really worried now
When it arrives I'll try and register it for Carfe Refresh insurance - I need the serial number for this. If I can't then I'll return it.
Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 14.48.12.png
2022-1-15
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-14 19:35
I didnt know about the CSC idea, i thought the idea of that is to stop the motors so it will just drop, not tested it mind ;)

==========================

At 83 I'll be keeping it in crawl mode for quite a while until I get used to it, but thanks for the tip
Just hope I haven't bought a bummer!! I've asked for the serial numbers, or I'll wait until it arrives, then try to purchase the Care Refresh cover, see what it comes up with.

With Dimprice stating 1 year warranty, Free Returns etc I'd like to think I'm OK.

I've also asked them where I send the drone if I get a problem within the warranty period.

Oh well......................
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy you might like to look at

and
in "anytime" mode you need to hold the CSC postition for around 1.7 seconds (I think) to trigger the shut down. That in my opinion is too short a delay, I ONCE caught myself messing about with a Phantom 3 and having the sticks in the CSC position, fortunately I realised what I was doing before the shut down was triggered, if it had been a Mini or a Mavic 2 it would have crashed.
In emergency only mode I have held the CSC position for long enough to bring a Mavic Mini, flown in cine mode, down from 100m+ to around 2m and the descent was under control the whole way down, the drone even slowed the descent as it approached the ground. When I released the sticks the drone hovered.
There are two fairly recent crash threads over on Mavic Pilots where the cause appears to have been an accidental CSC mid air motor stop due to use of the Anytime mode, I cannot remember if the "Anytime" mode had been accidentally set.
2022-1-15
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I notice he has the prop guards in place........maybe I'll use them to begin with!
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think you get prop guards with the Mini 2 combo.
2022-1-15
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Not a problem, just have to be very careful! Have five years flying the P3A under my belt so fairly confident
2022-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-15 02:35
Bashy you might like to look at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRpmKtKjPfs
and

That time limit is so its not done by mistake, same with my P4P, cause there's no reason o put the sticks in that position normally, so if someone was just messing about and accidentally put the sticks in the CSC position, they wont hold it there, they would move the sticks again ya see, so there has to be a wee delay
2022-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will be just fine with the mini 2, i do find that mine is not as stable as my P4P though, it can move a few feet in either direction, today i thought it had gone in to atti mode cause when i let go of the sticks i could see it still carry on with the forward motion but a decent margin
2022-1-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I understood the reasoning behind the delay in the 'Mavics' "Anytime" mode but my point was and is the a delay of 1.7 seconds is too short a delay to be safe from inadvertent triggering and that emergency only renders the CSC ineffective as a preventative measure. The delay with the P3 is something like 4 to 5 seconds.
2022-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-15 06:03
I understood the reasoning behind the delay in the 'Mavics' "Anytime" mode but my point was and is the a delay of 1.7 seconds is too short a delay to be safe from inadvertent triggering and that emergency only renders the CSC ineffective as a preventative measure. The delay with the P3 is something like 4 to 5 seconds.

Thats just it, there is 100% no reason or need to put the sticks into that position except by being silly with the sticks or for the CSC, i have never done this in flight, ever, there's been no need to put the sticks into that position. I do do it all the time though cause i only start and stop the Mini 2 manually. Plus, i knew about the CSC from the get go, before i even got my P4P, i read the manual online the day before i bought it, and that stick position has been etched into my brain, prob why I've never come across that position during flight. You said yourself, you caught yourself messing about, if ya do that with a drone you;re apt to pay the price in any capacity, like you said, you was lucky, but i bet ya never came across that situation again, with the P3 or Mini(2) Im not sure i have even heard of anyone doing this with the mini or mavic or any drone, by accident. Probably was in the early days....
2022-1-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules