o(^-^)o
marfuka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2280459 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Does anyone have a similar problem?
New drone, rc and dji fly is updated.
I have obstacle avoidance "brake" turned on (normal flight mode).
  The display shows the distance to the obstacle and emits an audible warning.
The drone will not stop in front of the obstacle !!!
The brake does not work forwards or backwards.
When I turn on obstacle avoidance "bypass"
  the drone will fly around the obstacle correctly.
I tried: Refresh fw drone, refresh fw rc, reinstall dji fly, calibrate IMU, compass and calibrate sensor obstacle avoidance system. The drone still won't stop at the obstacle.
Some idea?
2022-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there marfuka. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 4.0 (APAS 4.0) feature is available in Normal mode. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft continues to respond to user commands and plans its path according to both control stick inputs and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience. Keep moving the pitch stick forward or backward. The aircraft will avoid the obstacles by flying above, below, or to the left or right of the obstacle. The aircraft will also respond to other control sticks movements simultaneously. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft can be brought to a stop by pressing the Flight Pause button on the remote controller or tapping Stop on the screen in DJI Fly. The aircraft hovers for three seconds and awaits further pilot commands. To enable APAS, open DJI Fly, enter System Settings>Safety, and enable APAS.

APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight modes and recording at high resolution such as 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, 1080p 48/50/60/120/240 fps, and 4K 48/50/60 fps.
APAS is only available when flying forward and backward. If the aircraft flies left or right, APAS is disabled.
Make sure you use APAS when the Forward and Backward Vision Systems are available. Be sure there are no people, animals, objects with small surface areas (e.g., tree branches), or transparent objects (e.g., glass or water) along the desired flight path.
Make sure you use APAS when the Downward Vision System is available or the GPS signal is strong. APAS may not function properly when the aircraft is flying over water or snow-covered area.
Be extra cautious when flying in extremely dark (<300 lux) or bright (>10,000 lux) environments. Pay attention to DJI Fly and ensure the aircraft is working in APAS mode normally.
Pay attention to DJI Fly and make sure the said DJI Drone is working normally in APAS Mode.
APAS may not function properly when the said DJI Drone is flying near flight limits or in a GEO Zone.

Thank you.
2022-1-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"The drone will not stop in front of the obstacle !!!"

How close does it get? Are you continuing to use the stick to move closer?
2022-1-13
Use props
marfuka
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-13 20:37
"The drone will not stop in front of the obstacle !!!"

How close does it get? Are you continuing to use the stick to move closer?

Totaly zero, If I didn't stop, there would be an obstacle, crash
2022-1-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

marfuka Posted at 1-13 21:29
Totaly zero, If I didn't stop, there would be an obstacle, crash

Feet or inches? How did you "stop"?
2022-1-13
Use props
marfuka
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 19:46
Hello there marfuka. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems 4.0 (APAS 4.0) feature is available in Normal mode. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft continues to respond to user commands and plans its path according to both control stick inputs and the flight environment. APAS makes it easier to avoid obstacles, obtain smoother footage, and gives a better flying experience. Keep moving the pitch stick forward or backward. The aircraft will avoid the obstacles by flying above, below, or to the left or right of the obstacle. The aircraft will also respond to other control sticks movements simultaneously. When APAS is enabled, the aircraft can be brought to a stop by pressing the Flight Pause button on the remote controller or tapping Stop on the screen in DJI Fly. The aircraft hovers for three seconds and awaits further pilot commands. To enable APAS, open DJI Fly, enter System Settings>Safety, and enable APAS.

APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight modes and recording at high resolution such as 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, 1080p 48/50/60/120/240 fps, and 4K 48/50/60 fps.

All conditions met, OA bypass works properly, drone goes around obstacle, OA brake does not work, drone ignores obstacles
2022-1-13
Use props
marfuka
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

GaryDoug Posted at 1-13 21:30
Feet or inches? How did you "stop"?
Proppelers 5cm to wall.
Test and compare. My Mavic 2 zoom vs dji air 2s.
Both drones set obstacle avoidance "brake"
Room 2x2meters, drone in the middle of the room.
I'll take off within 1m.
Mavic does not respond to sticks, the drone can only go up and down (front, rear, side sensors keep it in place)
DJI air 2s responds to sticks, moves in all directions. He should not respond correctly to forward and backward instructions. That is not normal.
2022-1-13
Use props
marfuka
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-13 19:46

2022-1-15
Use props
marfuka
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

marfuka Posted at 1-15 06:35
https://youtu.be/2RmfqercZ3U

The new firmware solved everything
2022-1-19
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 688652 ft
Australia

marfuka Posted at 1-19 11:10
The new firmware solved everything

Thank you for the update, and glad there was a good outcome.
However, it seems strange that such a basic function failed in firmware that has been incrementally developed over a number of years.
As an IT expert I expect that a previous release had introduced this bug and the testing team didn't carry out full regression testing (i.e. testing to insure that the upgrade hasn't damaged any existing functionality)
2022-1-21
Use props
Mission XR
lvl.3
United States

Much programming in my time and found that fixing one issue can potentially cause another.  It appears that when FW updates are completed that full testing of all functions fall short.
Drones may be different but in my past work, errors in evaluation of code changes can cause human injury or worse death. In drones it may cause fly away or obstacle avoidance malfunctions.
Test, test and re-test code changes. Just say'n
2022-1-21
Use props
marfuka
lvl.2
  • >>>
Czechia

Due to the fact that not many users affected by this problem appeared on the Internet, it could only be a series of a2s where a different component supplier was used, another batch, whatever. It could have worked for others. I don't want to say that the components were defective but sometimes they don't understand each other and two of the same things can react a little differently to one fw. I don't want to apologize to anyone, that was the problem. One thing bothers me. Dji made it impossible to revert to older firmware versions. If I had the opportunity, it would be clear that it was caused by the release of new firmware and not a drone defect. In my case, this was amplified by the fact that the drone was completely new and I had no previous experience with the behavior of the drone with the previous firmware. Please provide at least one or two older firmware versions for fault type diagnostics.
2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules