Can an external device be used to control P4A+?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drumzone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493681 ft
United States

Hello,

I am trying to use an iPhone or Ipad with my Phantom 4 Advanced Plus but the USB connection just wants to treat the device as external storage.Is there any way of getting around this? I would like to use this drone to do aerial roof and building inspections but the software will only operate on an IOS or Android device.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
2022-1-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific device do you want to use with your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced? Please note that the remote controller of the said drone only works with compatible mobile devices listed on our website also it only runs the DJI Go 4 application. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2022-1-14
Use props
drumzone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493681 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-14 03:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what specific device do you want to use with your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced? Please note that the remote controller of the said drone only works with compatible mobile devices listed on our website also it only runs the DJI Go 4 application. Hope this helps. Thank you.

I am trying to connect it to an iPhone 11 or iPad Pro.
So far when I connect either device the P4 just wants to use it as an external storage device.
I would like to run a 3rd party app (IMGING) with my P4 to do aerial mapping and surveying but they require being run on an iPhone or iPad.
2022-1-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

drumzone Posted at 1-19 12:20
I am trying to connect it to an iPhone 11 or iPad Pro.
So far when I connect either device the P4 just wants to use it as an external storage device.
I would like to run a 3rd party app (IMGING) with my P4 to do aerial mapping and surveying but they require being run on an iPhone or iPad.

You can't connect that to the P4 Adv Plus controller.
But if you can find a regular P4 Adv controller, you could use that with the phone and drone.
2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules