New DJI Action 2 Firmware Released (3/30/2022)
12Next >
55757 51 2022-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.03.30
  • Firmware Version: v01.04.06.20
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.16
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.16

What’s New
  • Video will include gyro data in following camera settings: Stabilization: off; FOV: Wide; Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9) 100/120. Gyroflow version v1.4.2 or above is recommended for gyro-based video stabilization.
  • Improved the compatibility with Android 13.0.
  • Fix some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI Action 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview:

• Date: 2022.01.20
  • Firmware: V01.02.10.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: V1.7.12
  • DJI Mimo App Android: V1.7.12

Action 2 firmware notice.png

2022-1-20
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

Thanks for share, update now my action 2.
2022-1-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Massive Update, this little camera just gets better, thank you…
2022-1-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Still   on the outs but when the price drops I may concider.
2022-1-20
Use props
gijsmans
lvl.1

Netherlands

Would like to use the Action 2 as a webcam with sound. Thanks!
2022-1-20
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

gijsmans Posted at 1-20 04:59
Would like to use the Action 2 as a webcam with sound. Thanks!

Why? a 4k webcam is much cheaper.
2022-1-20
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

One thing you can count on with DJI is they always continue to support and improve their products!
2022-1-20
Use props
not_loqan
lvl.2

Czechia

After a long decision between GoPro 10 and Action 2, I ordered it today and it came to my point of sale today.
I have a GoPro 9 and when I saw the Action, I thought, damn it, it's a tiny pocketable camera (I originally thought that of a GoPro and yes, it fits in my pocket, but it's not as miniature device as it could appear). And I really liked the magnetic snap system, which can be used to shoot at different angles. I like to use things attached to a carabiner on the loop of the trousers and it just doesn't work for GoPro, either it sways terribly on the lanyard or you have to put a small mount on the GoPro legs and then attach that with a carabiner. Neither variant works great - either it kinda doesn't work or you tranfer your little camera into big bulky camera.
When I saw the A2, I saw it immediately. I attach the mini mount (which comes with battery combo) with a carabiner, on it magnetically the battery module, then the camera module. When I need to, I unclip the camera, record the video, and reconnect it magnetically, quickly, intuitively to the battery module. As a result, the batteries of the camera itself will not bother me at all. I'm the type who shoots several times in shorter sections - I don't want to watch one scene for 5 minutes.
Well, what kept me from buying immediately for a week? Horizon leveling in 2.7k. I know from GoPro 9 that I don't want to shoot at 2.7k - I hate that quality, especially if the cuts are among 4k videos, so the quality changes are recognizable and it doesn't look good. And I kept wondering how it would be possible to add an update so that in 4k there is at least horizontal leveling up to 30 degrees (as with GoPro). I have read all the changelogs and viewed all the videos on youtube. And I thought that if DJI wanted to add it in the update, they would probably have already done so, so I was rather not hoping for it to happen. I kept convincing myself that I could live without HL. Well, I finally ordered.
I didn't even get home, I had to unpack the camera right away in the car. The first thing - the camera almost fell out right after opening the box .
The second thing, the camera is really beautiful, finally something new, different. Processing is TOP, really paradise, I know it's just a cube, but even that can be badly processed and this is not it the case. The magnetic grip is terrible fun, it holds really tight (tested only in safe situations, but I wouldn't be afraid to mount it on a helmet / car / anywhere). Of course, when the camera falls and rubs the ground, the strength will probably not be 100%, but there is always something for something. Here's (probably) lower "strength" for the speed of grip changes, size and "funnyness" ... and I'm fine with that.
Anyway, I didn't even have time to activate the camera. Before I downloaded the application to my phone, the camera died of a battery (I expected the camera to come charged enough - most of the electronics do). So I attached it to the battery module, plugged it into a USB C and drove home. On the way to the apartment, I filmed the passage to the living room and then went to connect with the phone and update.
And this is where the incredible thing happened to me. I connected the camera, a window popped up that an update was waiting there, so I had it updated and went to eat. When I came back, there was a changelog listing on the phone. I knew from the first sentence that it was not the same changelog as I saw on the DJI website / YT video.
It said that the update added horizontal leveling to 4k 60fps (which is enough for me) and another new level of stabilization. I stood there with my mouth open and didn't believe it. It was something I really wanted, in the end I decided to go without it because of other advantages why I liked the camera and just on the day I buy it, an update is released that brings something that was a stop sign for me for at least a week.
If the update came the day before and I would have known about it, I would have ordered the camera right away - without hesitation, but this was just a super surprise, which raised the joy of the new camera many times over: D
2022-1-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This looks like a great update - I'm sure I was the first to request the new 45 degree horizon levelling thing.  Or maybe someone else did and I agreed.  Anyway, it sure gets better!!
2022-1-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2022-1-20
Use props
fans8e70563e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118159 ft
Vietnam

Very nice copy to SD card! Super update!
84859107-59EB-4724-A8BF-FEFB271E2363.jpeg
2022-1-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I get that very occasionally with the previous firmware - just try again.  After a successful export, it deletes the original files, so I'd rather try it again than have the files deleted prematurely if it thinks the copy dod not go well.  Alternativley, re-inser the card or try another one.
2022-1-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2022-1-21
Use props
Vaperesso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67657 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have updated as well but I was expecting a fix for the webcam function on a MacBook with the latest OS , the webcam function only shows a black screen on the MacBook .
2022-1-21
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

Did the firmware update improve the time for copying files from internal storage to the SD card? I know it locks the screen, but does that make the process faster? So far, none of the reviewers have mentioned this.
2022-1-22
Use props
Chavsny
lvl.2

Sweden

Great update, can't wait to try the new Horizon balancing and Steady!
2022-1-22
Use props
skyandmethod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2009590 ft
Ukraine

Did you fixed jello effect when using on a drone?
2022-1-22
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Snapshot is now not working correctly.  Used to you had to press and hold to power up and enable snapshot to work.  Now if snapshot is enabled, it just starts recording even if you don't hold.  I hope they fix this back to the old way as now you have to record a 2 second clip, then stop it, then you can access the menus etc.
2022-1-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Well spotted - in fact, it's worse than that - I just tried it, and now I can't find a way to get out of that mode again, as the camera shuts off when I stop recording!!  Serious bug!!
[Edit - you have to quickly press the button again when the shutoff countdown is shown.  Then you can disable snapshot mode. But I bet this will be confusing users bigtime!]

If this is a deliberate change by DJI, it's a very bad choice.  I can see the merit in making snapshot mode very easy to start in this way, when you want to grab a shot of someone doing something unexpected, but it seems to me if the long press of the button now started the camera NOT in snapshot mode - the reverse of how it used to be - then it would be easier to get to the menus than the current half-baked system.
2022-1-22
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

The snapshot now starting via a single button press (when enabled) is listed in the release notes. It was requested in another thread on the forum (and maybe elsewhere). I didn't like the idea at first, but tried it and prefer the new way of working for scenarios where the camera is head mounted and you don't see the display. With the old firmware you had to press and hold and listen to the sound feedback to guess if the camera just turned on or started recording.

Glad to see another firmware update so soon after the release!

I was hoping for longer Quick Capture, but I guess you can't get everything...
2022-1-23
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17605 ft
Austria

The Display will not longer go off when you are livestreaming. doesnt matter what you are set in the display off settings
2022-1-24
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

cpt_carrot Posted at 1-23 17:57
The snapshot now starting via a single button press (when enabled) is listed in the release notes. It was requested in another thread on the forum (and maybe elsewhere). I didn't like the idea at first, but tried it and prefer the new way of working for scenarios where the camera is head mounted and you don't see the display. With the old firmware you had to press and hold and listen to the sound feedback to guess if the camera just turned on or started recording.

Glad to see another firmware update so soon after the release!

That's fine for those who never change modes/settings, but for me at the end of a full day of recording in various modes I now have 40 2 second clips that I have to go through and delete because I just cant turn the camera on and change the settings without recording unless I disable snapshot.
2022-1-24
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

KC5LAF Posted at 1-24 02:26
That's fine for those who never change modes/settings, but for me at the end of a full day of recording in various modes I now have 40 2 second clips that I have to go through and delete because I just cant turn the camera on and change the settings without recording unless I disable snapshot.

So what do you suggest? To disable a feature that lets people record in difficult scenarios (for me underwater) without loosing footage, because you cannot be bothered to delete very small files before/after you import your clips to your computer/phone?
2022-1-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

cpt_carrot Posted at 1-24 11:19
So what do you suggest? To disable a feature that lets people record in difficult scenarios (for me underwater) without loosing footage, because you cannot be bothered to delete very small files before/after you import your clips to your computer/phone?

The suggestion is to have a long press of the button going direct into normal mode.  This would be a reversal of the original interface design, but I can't imagine that it would be that hard for users to get their heads around.  The current system while not unworkable is clumsy to say the least.  For me it outweighs the value of the snapshot feature, which used to be a handy thing to have available as and when required, rather than as the only choice when turning on the camera.  I doubt whether I would use it now.
2022-1-24
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-24 17:22
The suggestion is to have a long press of the button going direct into normal mode.  This would be a reversal of the original interface design, but I can't imagine that it would be that hard for users to get their heads around.  The current system while not unworkable is clumsy to say the least.  For me it outweighs the value of the snapshot feature, which used to be a handy thing to have available as and when required, rather than as the only choice when turning on the camera.  I doubt whether I would use it now.

Making a difference between a long and short press is a problem if you use the camera with gloves, or in an underwater housing. This is what this fw update addresses.
IMO, a better way of making things convenient is to only start snapshot with the button on the lens module and have the additional button on a battery/screen module just turn the camera on. If it is possible to tell in sofware which button is being pressed.
2022-1-24
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

cpt_carrot Posted at 1-24 11:19

So because one feature does not make sense to me why they changed it means I’m lazy to you?  It’s called thinking outside the box to find a solution that is best for all.  How about a quick double press to turn on the camera in normal mode.  Or even a triple press for people like you that struggle with long press’s or double presses.  The point is, if I use the camera all day and need to get to the settings it adds that much more time to my work flow to go though and get rid of all those 2 second clips.  That may not be a big deal for someone who uses the camera every once in a while, but I use this camera every day and all those 5 minutes a day going through all that footage and deleting adds up to hours and days lost over a year or two.
2022-1-24
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

KC5LAF Posted at 1-24 19:12
So because one feature does not make sense to me why they changed it means I’m lazy to you?  It’s called thinking outside the box to find a solution that is best for all.  How about a quick double press to turn on the camera in normal mode.  Or even a triple press for people like you that struggle with long press’s or double presses.  The point is, if I use the camera all day and need to get to the settings it adds that much more time to my work flow to go though and get rid of all those 2 second clips.  That may not be a big deal for someone who uses the camera every once in a while, but I use this camera every day and all those 5 minutes a day going through all that footage and deleting adds up to hours and days lost over a year or two.

I don't think you are lazy. Just that the problem the new firmware solved is more significant compared to the inconvenience it causes you.
2022-1-24
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

Any estimates for what HorizonLeveling and HorizonSteady do for battery life compared to Steady and Rocksteady?
2022-1-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jhoff80 Posted at 1-24 20:44
Any estimates for what HorizonLeveling and HorizonSteady do for battery life compared to Steady and Rocksteady?

Without checking, I thought that stuff was in the tables in the first post.
2022-1-24
Use props
jhoff80
lvl.4
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-24 20:54
Without checking, I thought that stuff was in the tables in the first post.

That post only has Steady vs Rocksteady, I was looking for that same info for HorizonLeveling and HorizonSteady.
2022-1-24
Use props
ijicrack
New

Pakistan

I am here for the 1st time and I really found this forum informative Good job admin. Keep up the good work dear.
2022-1-25
Use props
ijicrack
New

Pakistan

if you are looking for free softs here visit.
ijicrack
crackskit
crackkits
2022-1-25
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

jhoff80 Posted at 1-24 20:58
That post only has Steady vs Rocksteady, I was looking for that same info for HorizonLeveling and HorizonSteady.

Then Horizonleveling ,horizonsteady, rocksteady power consumption is very close.
The duration can refer to rocksteady
2022-1-27
Use props
djiuser_lIoOdan53XBo
New
United States

Can’t export my files now…
2022-1-28
Use props
djiuser_lIoOdan53XBo
New
United States

Can’t export my files now…thanks update
2022-1-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_lIoOdan53XBo Posted at 1-28 17:26
Can’t export my files now…thanks update

Can you specify exactly what you mean?  Are you referring to connecting the camera to a computer, or exporting from the camera to the attached module's SD card?  Do you get any error messages?
2022-1-28
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

So when are DJI releasing the ND filter kit for It? It is virtually useless for professional use until they do
2022-1-29
Use props
AUTdany
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17605 ft
Austria

Since the new update, the screen no longer turns off during LIVE STREAMS. No matter what you set in the settings. You can't zoom anymore either. The fact that the screen no longer goes out means more power consumption. Will this be fixed?
2022-1-29
Use props
Michaeldean
New

United States

When is DJI going to send out an update that removes the faux repair errors?
I don't imagine Ford, Toyota, BMW and the lot would have lasted long as auto manufacturers if they began by programming error messages into their vehicles that pop up saying "engine transmission error, call x motor company for assistance." After a customer replaced a transmission in their car.

What sort sense does that make? None unless you're doing it as a repair scheme. And it has nothing to do with safety, it's about making a buck when an owner does a self repair. One of the most nonsensical things DJI has done to date.
2022-1-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

christangey Posted at 1-29 04:08
So when are DJI releasing the ND filter kit for It? It is virtually useless for professional use until they do

It's only useless if you are not prepared to purchase a readily available 3rd party ND filter kit.  Generally though action cameras with EIS and ND filters do not work well.  EIS needs fast shutter speeds whereas the point of ND filters is to reduce shutter speeds.  Most viewers will be aware of stabilisation issues more than motion blur issues.
2022-1-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules