Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Mavic 3 Firmware Released (1/24/2022)
123456Next >
13904 226 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.01.24
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
  • Remote Controller: v04.13.0500
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.8
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.8

What's New?
  • Added QuickShots including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid.
  • Added Panorama mode, capable of capturing in high resolution. 
  • Added burst shooting.
  • Added digital zoom for normal video mode.
  • Added Color Display Assist for D-Log.
  • Added 4K/60fps and manual EI adjustment for MasterShots.
  • Added QuickTransfer.
  • Added zoom and D-Log for FocusTrack when recording video.
  • Added support to set RTH altitude for Advanced RTH.
  • Added USB mode for Mavic 3 Cine for copying data.
  • Optimized accuracy of color correction.
  • Increased image sharpness of Tele camera when shooting at high magnification.
  • Optimized image area for Timelapse photos.
  • Added support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage.
  • Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD card.
  • Added support to use DJI RC Pro with DJI Air 2S.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.5.8 or later.
  • USB mode will be disabled after updating firmware. Users can enable USB mode again in DJI Fly.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-1-23
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow!  Nice!!  I see some customer requests answered here.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Busy updating now
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't wait to fly first thing in the morning to test out this whole new drone with all these features the drone should have shipped with initially!  

It looks like they've made a big change to the camera exposure settings in response to a lot of the negative feedback.  It now looks much more like the old Go 4 exposure settings!

Looks like we are still missing an option to be able to adjust Gain and Sensitivity for our Advanced stick settings.  We still have EXP, but don't see the other options.  I'll have to spend some time with it to decide if I like the change or not.

Is there an option to be able to change the max speed in Cine mode like the Mavic 2 has for tripod mode?  This is one of the most important features that was missing before and I haven't seen DJI discuss!  If its not there, please please please add it in the next update!  

2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

From reading the added features, Dji has listened and added support for us to set our own heigh for smart RTH, Thank you Dji.
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just as an FYI, it does not look like the battery firmware has been updated.  When I put another battery in, it does not prompt to update it.  So no need to cycle through all your batteries to update them this time.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Now to test flight this new features. Update took like 5 to 7 minutes to download and install.
***EDIT***RC Needs to be updated as well, new firmware.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 19:28
Just as an FYI, it does not look like the battery firmware has been updated.  When I put another battery in, it does not prompt to update it.  So no need to cycle through all your batteries to update them this time.

Thanks, that was the next thing I was going to try.
2022-1-23
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 19:28

Good..that's always a PITA!
2022-1-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It is late at night for me, so I've not had a chance to fly this yet.  But based on looking around in the new app while connected to the updated drone, this definitely adds a bunch of missing features that were absolutely needed and fixed the interface for a few things.  

However, we are still missing several things that I think are still key to being able to take full advantage of the hardware in hand:

- Ability to adjust max speed in Cine mode like the Mavic 2 had for tripod mode.
- Ability to adjust Gain & Sensitivity for the sticks in addition to EXP that is already there
- Ability to adjust saturation/sharpness/contrast for the camera
- Pro mode for the 7x camera.  Still only functions in AUTO (no Pro mode to adjust exposure triangle) and only supports JPEG in photos and Normal color profile in video

2022-1-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-23 19:26
From reading the added features, Dji has listened and added support for us to set our own heigh for smart RTH, Thank you Dji.

I am not certain that they implemented it the way we want RTH to work.  Will test tomorrow.
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-23 19:47
I am not certain that they implemented it the way we want RTH to work.  Will test tomorrow.

They've given us 2 options now that a user can choose.  One option is the old way that all DJI drones have traditionally worked where it ascends to a predefined height before returning.  The other is the Smart RTH they had defaulted to when the M3 was launched.  I personally think this seems like a good implementation to give users both options to choose from.

Are you looking at it differently?  

Disclaimer:  I obviously haven't tested yet as its almost 11pm here tonight.
2022-1-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 19:51
They've given us 2 options now that a user can choose.  One option is the old way that all DJI drones have traditionally worked where it ascends to a predefined height before returning.  The other is the Smart RTH they had defaulted to when the M3 was launched.  I personally think this seems like a good implementation to give users both options to choose from.

Are you looking at it differently?  

Yes, but I could be wrong.  I interpreted it as there were still circumstances where the system could decide to use "smart" RTH over our settings.  Go into settings and read the fine print under RTH height.
2022-1-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

You could always set a rth altitude, even before this update. The problem was it only used that when vision sensors were disabled due to low light situations. I took this update to say we can now force the drone to rth at our set altitude while using advanced rth. Meaning still smart rth but at our set height no? Meaning it will not ignore it now
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

So a quick flight and a few tests, results below:
1. GPS locks on now much faster than the previous update which was slow but still slower than before the last update but its better
2. Quickshots works nicely, especially Asteroid, love it
3. Seems that the transmission has also been improved. I used to drop a bar of signal when flying low at 40 meters to the hill around 2.5km away but now full signal all the way
4. Drone seems faster in sports mode(For me) now I'm getting up to 77kmh with no wind
5. OA systems seems to be fine and no twitch for me when its set to bypass mode
6. You can select advanced RTH or Straight RTH. In straight RTH drone rose to my set height of 52 meters and came right back, you cannot increase of decrease the height when in RTH mode.
7. If Advanced RTH is selected drone does as it always did since day one and will rise/lower depending on surrounding areas but looks more stable.

These are just a few things I managed to test but update seems good, some bugs seems to have been worked out and overall I am happy. Thank You Dji. You are making this drone into more of a beast than it already is.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Charles Adams Posted at 1-23 19:47

See my feedback below
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-23 19:47
Wonder if GPS bug is fixed.

Seems to be better.
2022-1-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 1-23 20:00
So a quick flight and a few tests, results below:
1. GPS locks on now much faster than the previous update which was slow but still slower than before the last update but its better
2. Quickshots works nicely, especially Asteroid, love it
Thanks for that early report suren.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 1-23 20:02
Thanks for that early report suren.

You're welcome mate. It feels so nice to fly it now with most if not all the features there.
2022-1-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-23 20:01
See my feedback below

Thanks Suren!  That is all good news.  Did you recall if you gained elevation unexpectedly when in bypass?
2022-1-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Suren Posted at 1-23 20:03
You're welcome mate. It feels so nice to fly it now with most if not all the features there.

The rth update is really huge to me. Lot of high powerlines here always made me nervous. Dlog color profile also huge to me.
2022-1-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Charles Adams Posted at 1-23 20:04
Thanks Suren!  That is all good news.  Did you recall if you gained elevation unexpectedly when in bypass?

I tested that and it stayed at 42 meters height all the way to the 2.5km range. I was flying above a lot of business and trees.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 1-23 20:05
The rth update is really huge to me. Lot of high powerlines here always made me nervous. Dlog color profile also huge to me.

I don't use Log(can't edit to save my life) but the RTH gives 2 options now so yeah it works well now.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

NGC Posted at 1-23 20:05
Wonder what “USB mode” for copying data on the Cine is?

I would assume you can plu a Usb C into the back of the drone to copy the files.
2022-1-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 1-23 20:06
I tested that and it stayed at 42 meters height all the way to the 2.5km range. I was flying above a lot of business and trees.

YES!  Thank you.  I avoided bypass, which defeats a huge benefit of the craft.
2022-1-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks DJI! Now I can fly my $2220 drone without fearing it crashing into something during a so-called "Advanced" RTH ;-)
2022-1-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-23 20:08

Night time means no sensors. I assume it was dark for surens test no? Would still need to test bypass. Though i never noticed this issue of gaining height in bypass on mine..
2022-1-23
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-23 20:11
Thanks DJI! Now I can fly my $2220 drone without fearing it crashing into something during a so-called "Advanced" RTH ;-)

Maybe RTH means to return it to DJI after crashing?
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Charles Adams Posted at 1-23 20:08

Given that I always take off from my deck with obstacles all around it, I used to always take off with sensors set to brake or off, today I took off in bypass and no twitching it just rose normally and hovered steady.
2022-1-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 1-23 20:14
Maybe RTH means to return it to DJI after crashing?

Yes I would return something but maybe not what they are expecting ;-)
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 1-23 20:13
Night time means no sensors. I assume it was dark for surens test no? Would still need to test bypass. Though i never noticed this issue of gaining height in bypass on mine..

His profile lists New Zealand.  If correct, it is likely late afternoon or early evening there right now.
2022-1-23
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 20:21
His profile lists New Zealand.  If correct, it is likely late afternoon or early evening there right now.

Ah nice. In that case keep posting updates suren for those of us in the dark who cant fly right now
2022-1-23
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

and mastershot wobble?
2022-1-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-23
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

does anyone see preview for DLOG?
2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Javierz0509 Posted at 1-23 21:00
does anyone see preview for DLOG?

Yes, it works.  It is the “Color Display Assist” listed in the release notes.
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tornado12 Posted at 1-23 20:13
Night time means no sensors. I assume it was dark for surens test no? Would still need to test bypass. Though i never noticed this issue of gaining height in bypass on mine..

Its daylight by me
2022-1-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Javierz0509 Posted at 1-23 20:29
and mastershot wobble?

It works now, no wobble.
2022-1-23