New DJI RC Pro Firmware Released (1/24/2022)
12Next >
7901 55 2022-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Release Date: 2022.01.24
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0500
  • DJI Fly App: v1.5.8

What’s New?
  • Added support to output clean HDMI footage.
  • Added support to cache video and download original video to an external SD card.
  • Added support to use with DJI Air 2S.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • This version contains important updates. It is recommended to update the remote controller.
  • If the update fails, restart DJI RC Pro, and use DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to retry.

2022-1-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there an option to change the right side dial and/or the 5D joystick to be able to directly control some of the exposure elements like aperture, ISO, or shutter speed?  

If not, these are absolutely required to be able to adjust your exposure like a "Pro" would!  Please add if not already there.
2022-1-23
Use props
jonroemer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1477598 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 20:25
Is there an option to change the right side dial and/or the 5D joystick to be able to directly control some of the exposure elements like aperture, ISO, or shutter speed?  

If not, these are absolutely required to be able to adjust your exposure like a "Pro" would!  Please add if not already there.

I agree with this and ask/request/implore it for the next FW update. The right side dial only being tied to zoom is extremely limiting (many of us pros will never use the "zoom" function).

We need need a quick way to manually adjust manual exposure. Currently the joystick can raise or lower the EV if in Auto exposure mode.
2022-1-23
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42162 ft
United States

Yay! Thank you for adding Air 2s support!  
2022-1-23
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Thanks DJI!
2022-1-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, terrific news. Thanks DJI.
2022-1-23
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.1
United States

Rrrick Posted at 1-23 20:37
Yay! Thank you for adding Air 2s support!

Just tested the RC Pro with the new firmware update, and it synced up with my Air 2s, and I did a quick night flight, and it worked very well.  I’ll try and put it through it’s paces tomorrow.  Thanks DJI, good work!
2022-1-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 1-23 20:25

I was also looking forward to seeing some added customizing options for  C1, C2, and the 5D button, and most importantly the right dial, but couldn't really see anything new in there...
2022-1-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another thanks for adding Air 2s support.  
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the amateur question here this morning, but how do I get the RC Pro to update?  Do I have to plug into assistant for this?

EDIT / UPDATE : Ignore.  It did the update..  Just took a bit.  Thank you.
2022-1-24
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 1-24 06:47
Sorry for the amateur question here this morning, but how do I get the RC Pro to update?  Do I have to plug into assistant for this?

You should be able to update it over the air when you start the Fly app. Or you can use the DJI Assistant 2 app on your PC or Mac to update too. Just saw a YT video where the guy did it over the air looked easy.
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

RobZilla Posted at 1-24 06:58
You should be able to update it over the air when you start the Fly app. Or you can use the DJI Assistant 2 app on your PC or Mac to update too. Just saw a YT video where the guy did it over the air looked easy.

Thank you RobZilla - you were 100% right - and it just finished.  Thank you!!!
2022-1-24
Use props
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 573484 ft
United States

Does this update also update the version of RC Pro controller that came with the air2s bundle or just the ones that came with the 3?
2022-1-24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great update, delivered as advertised. Thank you DJI!!!
2022-1-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans4c30b43b Posted at 1-24 08:13
Does this update also update the version of RC Pro controller that came with the air2s bundle or just the ones that came with the 3?

I updated and tried mine that came with the Air 2S. It works great and now supports the M3.
2022-1-24
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4c30b43b Posted at 1-24 08:13
Does this update also update the version of RC Pro controller that came with the air2s bundle or just the ones that came with the 3?

Yes. Same update and improvements. got the update when I turned on the controller and the Air 2S. There's a firmware update for the drone, and one for the remote. The Fly app will also update.
2022-1-24
Use props
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
United States

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 1-24 09:05
Yes. Same update and improvements. got the update when I turned on the controller and the Air 2S. There's a firmware update for the drone, and one for the remote. The Fly app will also update.

Awesome, thanks, been waiting for the clean HDMI the whole time. Can't wait to go home and update.
2022-1-24
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4c30b43b Posted at 1-24 10:18
Awesome, thanks, been waiting for the clean HDMI the whole time. Can't wait to go home and update.

Yes this would be great. I did test it with my 4K computer display connected to the HDMI output of the RC Pro. It actually matches the 4K resolution of the display and switching between mirroring and live works.

Problem is: I use a set of Fat Shark HDO2 goggles which are wonderful. However, even after the update the HDMI output will not maintain a connection with these goggles. It recognizes and sets the proper resolution but then promptly drops the connection. So, for me, the HDMI output is useless. The sad part is that the old Smart Controller's HDMI output works just fine with the HDO2 goggles.

The good thing is that there is an alternative via the USB-C using a USB-C-HDMI adapter cable. It works absolutely perfectly that way but of course the "mirroring" to "live" switching does not affect that output.
2022-1-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 1-23 22:57
I was also looking forward to seeing some added customizing options for  C1, C2, and the 5D button, and most importantly the right dial, but couldn't really see anything new in there...

I don't currently have the RC Pro because of all these issues of lack of functionality.  The stock controller with no 5D, no right scroll wheel, and only a single Fn button pretty much does the same amount of functions as the RC Pro currently.  I can't see where it is worth the $1200 to upgrade to it until they actually make it full featured.
2022-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 1-24 11:37
I don't currently have the RC Pro because of all these issues of lack of functionality.  The stock controller with no 5D, no right scroll wheel, and only a single Fn button pretty much does the same amount of functions as the RC Pro currently.  I can't see where it is worth the $1200 to upgrade to it until they actually make it full featured.

I think features will come. It now is available for Air2s, so having one remote for both of these helps,  having it dedicated is a big help not using the phone is a great help. I know you can use a Mini iPad etc but these all cost money and involve more cables. I think the new option to buy without standard Remote in a combo will make it a good option.
2022-1-24
Use props
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
United States

roamer105 Posted at 1-24 10:52
Yes this would be great. I did test it with my 4K computer display connected to the HDMI output of the RC Pro. It actually matches the 4K resolution of the display and switching between mirroring and live works.

Problem is: I use a set of Fat Shark HDO2 goggles which are wonderful. However, even after the update the HDMI output will not maintain a connection with these goggles. It recognizes and sets the proper resolution but then promptly drops the connection. So, for me, the HDMI output is useless. The sad part is that the old Smart Controller's HDMI output works just fine with the HDO2 goggles.

Does it give you the option to change the resolution output the way the old smart controller does (when working from the hdmi port, not the usb-c)?
2022-1-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I really like the new layout and look of the recording GUI. MUCH easier to navigate.
2022-1-24
Use props
Macman1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246138 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Added support to use with DJI Air 2S."  Is this for the bundled/combo or RC pro bought separately?
2022-1-24
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Macman1 Posted at 1-24 21:08
"Added support to use with DJI Air 2S."  Is this for the bundled/combo or RC pro bought separately?

I bought the RC PRO with the M3 and the remote now works with my Air2s, does that answer your question?
2022-1-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I bought the Air 2S FMC with RD Pro. After the update, the M3 now shows up as an option in the fly app. I am anxious to see when other drones will be added.
2022-1-25
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.1
United States

I bought mine separately and it now pairs with my Air 2s and works very well
2022-1-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Does this update support the Mini 2  on the Air 2S version of the RC Pro?
2022-1-25
Use props
Macman1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246138 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rrrick Posted at 1-25 10:11
I bought mine separately and it now pairs with my Air 2s and works very well

Surprisingly, DJI support is still insisting that it is not possible. When I shared the link to this forum, the reply was this is for the bundled one only. When I argued further, the support person got agitated and asked me to go buy and check. This morning the email I got from DJI states the following:

"Regarding this, please kindly note DJI RC Pro shipped along with the DJI Mavic 3 is only applicable to DJI Mavic 3. Currently, DJI RC Pro for Mavic 3 does not support the DJI Air 2S. It is recommended to use the remote controller in the Air 2S combo. It will be supported with a firmware update in the future. "
2022-1-25
Use props
Rrrick
lvl.1
United States

Macman1 Posted at 1-25 20:29
Surprisingly, DJI support is still insisting that it is not possible. When I shared the link to this forum, the reply was this is for the bundled one only. When I argued further, the support person got agitated and asked me to go buy and check. This morning the email I got from DJI states the following:

"Regarding this, please kindly note DJI RC Pro shipped along with the DJI Mavic 3 is only applicable to DJI Mavic 3. Currently, DJI RC Pro for Mavic 3 does not support the DJI Air 2S. It is recommended to use the remote controller in the Air 2S combo. It will be supported with a firmware update in the future. "

Too funny!
2022-1-25
Use props
snyper272727
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19428714 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 1-24 11:37
I don't currently have the RC Pro because of all these issues of lack of functionality.  The stock controller with no 5D, no right scroll wheel, and only a single Fn button pretty much does the same amount of functions as the RC Pro currently.  I can't see where it is worth the $1200 to upgrade to it until they actually make it full featured.

4x the TX power over stock remote ;)
2022-1-26
Use props
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-25 17:31
Does this update support the Mini 2  on the Air 2S version of the RC Pro?

Mine didn't, too bad maybe another update later
2022-1-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Macman1 Posted at 1-25 20:29
Surprisingly, DJI support is still insisting that it is not possible. When I shared the link to this forum, the reply was this is for the bundled one only. When I argued further, the support person got agitated and asked me to go buy and check. This morning the email I got from DJI states the following:

"Regarding this, please kindly note DJI RC Pro shipped along with the DJI Mavic 3 is only applicable to DJI Mavic 3. Currently, DJI RC Pro for Mavic 3 does not support the DJI Air 2S. It is recommended to use the remote controller in the Air 2S combo. It will be supported with a firmware update in the future. "

WE'RE IN THE FUTURE!!!!! WOW!!! NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED!!
2022-1-26
Use props
fansdfc23d4d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503215 ft
  • >>>
United States

JayOhio Posted at 1-25 07:59
I bought the RC PRO with the M3 and the remote now works with my Air2s, does that answer your question?

Every time I change the connection between the Air2s and M3 for the RC pro it downloads a small firmware and asks me to relink the drone. Do you have to do the same ?
2022-1-26
Use props
HubertAile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6348120 ft
  • >>>
France

fansdfc23d4d Posted at 1-26 22:13
Every time I change the connection between the Air2s and M3 for the RC pro it downloads a small firmware and asks me to relink the drone. Do you have to do the same ?

Yes same here :/
2022-1-26
Use props
djiuser_Ne499Notd4zt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 758904 ft
Switzerland

Hello DJI

I like when DJI makes new products.

But my opinion is, DJI should first ask, what are the most desired improvements who are
requested by customers. As example you can made on your website a CUSTOMER request
catalog and based on this information then create the desired product.

I was disapointed with the new Smartcontroller (RC Pro). Please compare what the competition
what they are able to develop.

Best Regards
Michele

2022-1-28
Use props
djiuser_Ne499Notd4zt
lvl.3
Switzerland

2022-1-28
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

snyper272727 Posted at 1-26 04:42
4x the TX power over stock remote ;)

I've not seen anybody in the real world show they are able to get a substantively better signal back using the RC Pro.  Have you?  If anything, up until now, it seems like people actually get far more disconnects using it...
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_cR991F2y48nM
New

Cameroon

##### 100% @@@@@@@exclusive Gallstone for sale(^^+237674956802^^)@@
Ox Gallstones For Sale
Cow /Ox Gallstones for SALE MPPPPP
Buy high quality natural ox gallstone mppppp
Cattle Gallstones for sale mpppp
buy cow gallstones for sale in chizhou
Cow Bovine for sale in fuyang
Buy cow bovine for sale in Guangde
Ox and Cow gallstones for sale in China
Buy Ox gallstones in Hong kong
Cattle gallstones for sale in Hong Kong
Buy cow gallstones for sale in china
Cattle gallstones for sale in China
Whole ox gallstones for sale in jinjiang
broken ox gallstones for sale in Nanping
buy whole cattle gallstones in Quanzhou
buy broken gallstones for sale in China
Stones are traded in the following specifications:
100% whole stones
90% whole stones / 10% broken
80% whole stones / 20% broken
70% whole stones / 30% broken
60% whole stones / 40% broken
100% broken stones
100% ox gall powder
Contact
Email; bangjames70@yahoo.com
Whatsapp;( +237674956802)
Ox,Cow,Cattle, Gallstones
100% whole stones
100 % Broken and 100 %.
contact; WHATSAPP ( +237674956802)
EMAIL; bangjames70@yahoo.c0m
Quality and classification
Highest demand is for stones with the following features:
yellow golden orange colour;
stones with low specific weight;
large stones;
bili rubin content not less than 35%;
There is a demand for dark stones as well, but prices are considerably lower however.
Stones are traded in the following specifications:
100% whole stones
70% whole stones / 30% broken
60% whole stones / 40% broken
100% broken stones
100% ox gall powder
contact; WHATSAPP ( +237674956802)
EMAIL; bangjames70@yahoo.c0m
The stones have to have a natural smell of healthy, BSE free cattle. Liver stones, kidney stones, piping, moldy stones, blood stones, cholesterol stones and stones descending from other animals respectively are separated
Shipment
The shipment is proceeded according to the negotiated contract conditions via DHL. Depending on the request of the particular buyer the following documents go with the shipment:
2022-2-1
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Hong Kong

There is no waypoint for newer drones since the Mavic 2, and I heard rumors that Mavic3 won't have Waypoints just like all the new DJI Drons. What a disappointment DJI !!!!!!!!  What is wrong with you???? If you disabled the waypoint in the MINI and AIR line, I understand, it is to protect your higher-end product, the Trump Ban have brought you financial struggle, and there is a globe chip shortage, I understand,  you are increasing the price for Mavic 3, I understand, but no waypoint for the Mavic 3??????????  What the actual F___K????????? Mavic3 IS NOT A CHEAP DRONE!!!!!!!!!! WAYPOINTS It is not even a hardware-related issue!!! As an old user since phantom 2,  I really don't understand your decision making these days!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening???? Are you trying to hand the drone market over to Skydio? ??????? RESPONS!!!! DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-2-1
Use props
DJIowCIPuser
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hello

Is it sufficient to update the RC Pro firmware to connect with the DJI-Air2S drone?
Or will the drone DJI-Air2S also need a newer firmware?What is the minimum DJI-Air2S firmware version required to work with the RC-Pro Smartcontroller?

Thanks for the answer

2022-2-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules