455 10 2022-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate you DJI for getting the more time tested mode of RTH into the M3.  I have a number of power lines nearby where I know that the drone needs to above a certain height and would hate to have the drone steer itself into a line under the guide of "advanced" rth.  Thanks for listening to the feedback!!
2022-1-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So what have they done?
2022-1-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to test this tomorrow. I will follow the same route and see what happens. It better not get even remotely close to that antenna ;-)
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-24 19:57
I want to test this tomorrow. I will follow the same route and see what happens. It better not get even remotely close to that antenna ;-)

I am so happy they made this update.  GaryDoug - thought of you also when I saw that feature on the list.  This is a seemingly small thing, but makes so much difference in being able to trust it.  

Looking forward to hearing how your test goes!!
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-24 19:52
So what have they done?

They added a standard return to home capability instead of forcing us to use the advanced rth that picks it's own crazy path and altitude.
2022-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 1-24 19:57

Make sure you set it higher than the wires
2022-1-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 1-24 20:26
They added a standard return to home capability instead of forcing us to use the advanced rth that picks it's own crazy path and altitude.

I bet there are a few that are grateful for that.
2022-1-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 1-24 20:25
I am so happy they made this update.  GaryDoug - thought of you also when I saw that feature on the list.  This is a seemingly small thing, but makes so much difference in being able to trust it.  

Looking forward to hearing how your test goes!!

I had put the M3 on hold for the duration until it was fixed. Now I can fly what is likely the best drone ever!!!
2022-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TonyPHX. Good day and thank you for sharing your positive feedback for the new DJI Mavic 3 update that was recently released. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-24 21:18
I had put the M3 on hold for the duration until it was fixed. Now I can fly what is likely the best drone ever!!!

Same, with little exception.  The flying I did today also makes me think the control type quirks I had experienced are smoothed out.  This is a really hard to explain one, but the way I described it to my non-drone family members is that "now it flys like a DJI".  I compared it to the Air-2S now that I love to fly.  The controls truly seem less quirky with odd results and now much more forgiving.

Just knowing now that should I ever need RTH that it will not run into something that it cannot see makes me so much happier!
2022-1-24
Use props
mavic3tw
First Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

DJI promised then to add the missing features through a firmware update in January 2022. The new Mavic 3 firmware (v01.00.0500), which is available now, brings four key features: QuickShots (which are DJI's automated flight modes), QuickTransfer (which lets you directly connect the drone to your phone via Wi-Fi), a Panorama mode and D-Log color assistance, which gives you a preview of what your graded footage will look like. Mavic 3 is an impressive drone.  
2022-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules