When will you be updating the app for Google Pixel 6 pro
12484 25 2022-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neil.Madden
lvl.1
Australia

I did not realize this product was restricted to certain phones.
I have a Google Pixel 6 pro and a Oneplus 9pro both excellent phones for video, near on or equal to the Iphone 13 pro.
At present I cannot load either of the phones after trying all things mentioned and solutions in other threads.

My question is will the app be updating or should I return the Gymbal?

I have DJI Pocket 2 DJI Air 2s and thought I was being product loyal.

Can someone from DJI please respond and let me know either way, are updates coming or return the product.

Cheers

2022-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Neil.Madden. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking both the said mobile devices ( Google Pixel 6 Pro and Oneplus 9 Pro ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM5 . I am glad to say that the Google Pixel 6 Pro and Oneplus 9 Pro are both listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal. For reference, I will post a DJI link  where in you can find all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM5. Thank you.

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... tibility%20List.pdf

2022-1-27
Use props
Neil.Madden
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-27 20:04
Hello there Neil.Madden. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking both the said mobile devices ( Google Pixel 6 Pro and Oneplus 9 Pro ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM5 . I am glad to say that the Google Pixel 6 Pro and Oneplus 9 Pro are both listed as a recommended mobile device for the said gimbal. For reference, I will post a DJI link  where in you can find all the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM5. Thank you.

https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851d20f7b9f64838a34cd02351370894/om-5/OM%205%20Mobile%20Phone%20Compatibility%20List.pdf

Thank you Stephen for the prompt reply... is there something I am doing wrong as I cannot connect either to the app. Both phones have no issues connecting to the DJI fly App and my older Moza gimbal app, could it be the gimbal?

***** Update, after deleting app and installing as per a youtube video I resolved the issue....
thanks, I can now use this wonderful gimbal

2022-1-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Neil.Madden Posted at 1-27 21:33
Thank you Stephen for the prompt reply... is there something I am doing wrong as I cannot connect either to the app. Both phones have no issues connecting to the DJI fly App and my older Moza gimbal app, could it be the gimbal?

***** Update, after deleting app and installing as per a youtube video I resolved the issue....

Hi there Neil.Madden. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that everything is now working fine. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep filming.
2022-1-31
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 238934 ft
  • >>>
United States

Neil.Madden Posted at 1-27 21:33

Could you please point us to the YouTube video???
2022-2-2
Use props
Neil.Madden
lvl.1
Australia

DigitalBoss Posted at 2-2 19:57
Could you please point us to the YouTube video???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__V7iem2tQ
2022-2-2
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Neil.Madden Posted at 2-2 22:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__V7iem2tQ

Thank you. This is the method I used to install DJI Mimo. It wont open. Everytime I try to open it, it closes. I have a Pixel 6 Pro 512 and I installed it from DJI website download.
2022-2-3
Use props
DigitalBoss
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DigitalBoss Posted at 2-3 12:41
Thank you. This is the method I used to install DJI Mimo. It wont open. Everytime I try to open it, it closes. I have a Pixel 6 Pro 512 and I installed it from DJI website download.

Ok, I uninstalled it again and downloaded it again from DJI and it seems to load and run now. I will try and connect to the device later.. Thanks...
2022-2-3
Use props
MarkE-W
New

United States

Good Evening Stephen

I've read through the post/string and have a question or two.

Background:
Two weeks ago I upgraded to a Pixel 6 Pro after having seen this post where the compatibility was confirmed for the DJI OM 5.  I received my Amazon order for the DJI OM 5 this afternoon.

Problems:
  • The magnet barely stretches the width of the  Pixel 6 Pro (and this is after removing its Otterbox case) and needs to be placed below vertical center in order to avoid the volume buttons.
  • This results in the phone being top heavy in the  DJI OM 5

Questions:
  • What are the means of overcoming these two physical problems?
  • If there is no way to overcome the problems what is the return policy?

Best
Mark
2022-3-12
Use props
caznaran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20833 ft
Peru

Try installing the APK from this link: https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

DJI Mimo 1.7.14 is working on my Pixel 6 Pro.
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_dBqwYo5UaPs5
New

Poland

Hello,
How about 60 fps support and other cameras?
I'm certainly interested in OnePlus 9 pro, but other devices as well would like this feature...

Or maybe, we could use stock camera with physical buttons of gimbal?

Btw. Why this application does not exists on android google play store?
Best regards
2022-4-1
Use props
EvgenijP
New

Germany

caznaran Posted at 3-26 08:11
Try installing the APK from this link: https://www.dji.com/cn/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

DJI Mimo 1.7.14 is working on my Pixel 6 Pro.

it's great that the Mimo app seems to be developed further... but why does the Appstore still offer version 1.5.4? Why can't the app continue to be distributed via the GoogleAppstore? To me, this is an example of poor support
2022-5-2
Use props
NTom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466460 ft
United States

Pixel 6 pro Android Version 12 security update June 5
DJI OM5 SN 4L6VM2221480BX0B
Mimo android app version 1.7.20

I'm on the phone and as of July 8th the DJI support rep says the app is currently being tested for compatibility, and does not work for the Pixel 6 Pro. Engineers are working to fix it, and these are the steps he recommended:
-delete app (back up photos and videos if you have them)
-reinstall app directly from DJI download center and see if this fixes the issue
-if the issue persists email support.us@dji.com (if in the USA which I am) and list first and last name, product, serial number, cellphone type, cellphone OS version, mimo app version, description of issue, troubleshooting steps taken
-the email is apparently to escalate this to get it fixed sooner
2022-7-8
Use props
djiuser_KksDvKOnWaEk
lvl.1
Turkey

DigitalBoss Posted at 2-3 12:48
Ok, I uninstalled it again and downloaded it again from DJI and it seems to load and run now. I will try and connect to the device later.. Thanks...

Hi can U calibrate ur pixel Phone with dji 4. I cant
2022-7-14
Use props
colinsmith18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61047 ft
United Kingdom

NTom Posted at 7-8 07:24
Pixel 6 pro Android Version 12 security update June 5
DJI OM5 SN 4L6VM2221480BX0B
Mimo android app version 1.7.20

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get DJI's attention on fixing this problem?

There are many posts from Pixel 6 users saying that Mimo no longer works after a recent Android update. I've seen and tried many suggestions about getting it to work - but none of them work for me and many others.

How do we get DJI to take action for what I suspect is many frustrated Pixel 6 owners? There doesn't seem to be a way to get direct contact with DJI here in the UK except through this forum.
2022-8-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I just wish DJI could fix their download server. Most of the times when updating it wont download.
2022-8-4
Use props
djiuser_SEm1EVR4WUAM
New
Flight distance : 3668 ft
Germany

Dji Mimo V1.7.24 doesn't work with latest Android version on Pixel 6 Pro.... It crashes before it starts.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_L1Wgsp4PL5j9
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Same here can someone help or do I need to return the device ?
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_GsZirPDODhMF
New

United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem with the dji Mavic 2 and pixel pro ,6. the software stops straight after loading. It was working fine until recently. Dji support say it's being worked on. And I should use another phone. Typical then I bought the pixel for photography and my drone is a big part of that
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_L1Wgsp4PL5j9
lvl.1

Greece

what did they mean with probably I need to use another phone ? probably they need to refund me because they claim that they support pixel phones but obviously this is not true.... 4 day no one answered in their official forum ....

Can someone from DJI support provide us with information when we will be able to use our pixel phones and what did they do to resolve the issue?

P.S. not only DJI mimi crash on Android 12+ but any DJI app is crashing as DJI Store fore example.
2022-8-15
Use props
DanielFX
New

United States

I'm not sure how they are still in business, they can't get their apps in the google playstore because of malpractice, and they can freaking keep up the apps for android phones working.

The most important android phone should be the google phone, because they made the freaking software. I bought this camera for our trip and I cant use it.

I'm stuck with a pice of garbage
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_Hi5GHOK6uuKs
New

United States

I have just got the product and it doesn't seem to work. I am not sure if I need to return it immediately or wait for a few days till DjI does something about it
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_L1Wgsp4PL5j9
lvl.1

Bulgaria

djiuser_Hi5GHOK6uuKs Posted at 8-15 12:19
I have just got the product and it doesn't seem to work. I am not sure if I need to return it immediately or wait for a few days till DjI does something about it

return it untill you still can, obviously DJI don't care to fix their apps or support customers
2022-8-16
Use props
ham
New

United States

Pixel 6 Pro, running same verison. Mimo app will not open for me either
Pixel 6 Pro
Android 12 - Build SQ3A.220705.003.A3
Kernel - 5.10.81-android12-9-00001-geba40aecb3b7-ab8534902 (#1 Tue May 3 02:46:17 UTC 2022)
2022-8-17
Use props
ham
New

United States

caznaran Posted at 3-26 08:11

DJI Mimo 1.7.14 is working on my Pixel 6 Pro.

didn't work for me, thats where I have been downloading from

Pixel 6 Pro
Android 12 - Build SQ3A.220705.003.A3
Kernel - 5.10.81-android12-9-00001-geba40aecb3b7-ab8534902 (#1 Tue May 3 02:46:17 UTC 2022)
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_KB89JtzYNweE
New

United States

Will om6 support pixel 7 pro?
2022-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules