MAVIC3!!!SDK!!!Waypoints!!!RESPONSE DJI!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!
12Next >
10642 58 2022-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Hong Kong

There is no waypoint for newer drones since the Mavic 2, and I heard rumors that Mavic3 won't have Waypoints just like all the new DJI Drons. What a disappointment DJI !!!!!!!!  What is wrong with you???? If you disabled the waypoint in the MINI and AIR line, I understand, it is to protect your higher-end product, the Trump Ban have brought you financial struggle, and there is a globe chip shortage, I understand,  you are increasing the price for Mavic 3, I understand, but no waypoint for the Mavic 3??????????  What the actual F___K????????? Mavic3 IS NOT A CHEAP DRONE!!!!!!!!!! WAYPOINTS It is not even a hardware-related issue!!! As an old user since phantom 2,  I really don't understand your decision making these days!!!!!!!!!!!! What is happening???? Are you trying to hand the drone market over to Skydio? ??????? RESPONS!!!! DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!DJI !!!!RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!

2022-2-1
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Waypoints will be available in one of the next firmware updates. Also SDK will be available after five six months from now. First DJI fixes all bugs so the drone to work flawless and after they release the SDK.
2022-2-1
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Until then, I will continue to fly 'old faithful' M2P!  "Fly my beauty, until your batteries bulge or you meet a faster moving tree"!
2022-2-1
Use props
liuyipeng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118031 ft
Hong Kong

Niknik Posted at 2-1 02:49
Waypoints will be available in one of the next firmware updates. Also SDK will be available after five six months from now. First DJI fixes all bugs so the drone to work flawless and after they release the SDK.

They will for sure release the SDK, and I hope they can include Waypoints in the Mavic 3 SDK since there is no waypoints for Mavic air 2 and 2s, 2 perfectly capable drone crippled by DJI'S stupidest decision.
2022-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Waypoints will be available in one of the next firmware updates. Also SDK will be available after five six months from now. First DJI fixes all bugs so the drone to work flawless and after they release the SDK.

I doubt Dji will implement waypoints but would rather release the SDK so Litchi does it for them
2022-2-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-1 10:03
I doubt Dji will implement waypoints but would rather release the SDK so Litchi does it for them

@Suren just hit it right on the head.  Waypoints, no way, but with the SDK then Litchi, Dronelink, Dronedeploy and others can go to town.  

Notice the new comment added at DroneDeploy about the M3.

https://help.dronedeploy.com/hc/ ... nd-Supported-Drones
Mavic 3 Support
The Mavic 3 is not compatible with DroneDeploy missions. DJI has not yet released an Enterprise application that supports the Mavic 3 and has not yet made support available to third party applications. All this means that the Mavic 3 is not yet compatible with any mapping software, including DJI’s and DroneDeploy’s. You can rest assured that we will support the Mavic 3 in the DroneDeploy Flight app once available, and we are working closely with DJI to offer preferred functionality. In the meantime, I’d recommend checking our list below for the most up to date information regarding drone models we support.

I added the bold on the sentence I found relevant.
2022-2-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is very bold of you and appreciated ;-)
2022-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 2-1 22:30
@Suren just hit it right on the head.  Waypoints, no way, but with the SDK then Litchi, Dronelink, Dronedeploy and others can go to town.  

Notice the new comment added at DroneDeploy about the M3.

Handy information, thank you Tony.
2022-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a comment on Github from DJI that consumer level products will not support waypoints,  so if they class Mavic 3 as consumer it probably will only get virtual stick support which means it cannot fly without the controller connected.

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/issues/1091
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-1 22:34
That is very bold of you and appreciated ;-)

lol, well I am not so bold, but definitely wanted to help people that do not read whole paragraphs anymore.  : )
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 01:21
There is a comment on Github from DJI that consumer level products will not support waypoints,  so if they class Mavic 3 as consumer it probably will only get virtual stick support which means it cannot fly without the controller connected.

Good point @DAFlys.  I am more than happy to "settle" for virtual stick support rather than onboard waypoints.  Just to be fully compliant on the VLOS side, I would not want my drone operating, or executing maneuvers without having the controller connected.   

If they can get the SDK out, I feel like the sky is the limit! (and VLOS, and signal range). : )
2022-2-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-2 08:32
Good point @DAFlys.  I am more than happy to "settle" for virtual stick support rather than onboard waypoints.  Just to be fully compliant on the VLOS side, I would not want my drone operating, or executing maneuvers without having the controller connected.   

If they can get the SDK out, I feel like the sky is the limit! (and VLOS, and signal range). : )

you should try it.  it's perfectly safe to have your drone executing maneuvers that are programmed and without direct connection or control from a handheld controller.  after all, it's a "drone" not an rc airplane.  i am so glad the faa hasn't seen fit to "discourage" disconnect flight.  now all we have to work on is vlos....
2022-2-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 01:21
There is a comment on Github from DJI that consumer level products will not support waypoints,  so if they class Mavic 3 as consumer it probably will only get virtual stick support which means it cannot fly without the controller connected.

I think this type of waypoints will be suitable for 95% of users. Yes some will say they wanted waypoints to to take over at loss of signal range but in the real world almost all of them need a change of underpants when that happens
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-2 09:00
you should try it.  it's perfectly safe to have your drone executing maneuvers that are programmed and without direct connection or control from a handheld controller.  after all, it's a "drone" not an rc airplane.  i am so glad the faa hasn't seen fit to "discourage" disconnect flight.  now all we have to work on is vlos....

Totally agreed.  It will happen!  : )
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-2 09:12
I think this type of waypoints will be suitable for 95% of users. Yes some will say they wanted waypoints to to take over at loss of signal range but in the real world almost all of them need a change of underpants when that happens

So you have seen me flying?  :  )  A few unplanned changes of the shorts.  : )  
2022-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 2-2 09:00
you should try it.  it's perfectly safe to have your drone executing maneuvers that are programmed and without direct connection or control from a handheld controller.  after all, it's a "drone" not an rc airplane.  i am so glad the faa hasn't seen fit to "discourage" disconnect flight.  now all we have to work on is vlos....

I think thats the point,  virtual sticks requires a connection at all times or it will trigger the RH settings,   unlike the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom that you effectively upload a waypoint mission to and let it get on with it and then come home.
2022-2-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-2 09:12

Agreed,   the M2P style is nice to have but most will never use it.
2022-2-3
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

the first run will feel a little bit weird when the drone is flying on it's own with no connection to the remote. if that makes you squeamish then i suggest keeping constant eyes on the drone (or where you expect it to end up) and never look at the remote (or listen to it) and you'll never know the connection is lost.  and then wait for a few minutes until you see the drone again.  i have been known to run an autel mission with the autel remote set down on the car trunk while i was busy operating the ma2 in the region watching for other aircraft using airsense (not on autel).  this is easy to do when you operate your drones over international waters off the coast of mexico.  it took several weeks to create the 25 minute mission to my liking and several runs over the next week to tweak it after reviewing the footage in post.

or, you have this mission stored so you can run it ever friday and after the first month....no problem letting it fly.  it doesn't feel the same when you lose the connection and the control has been wrestled away from you as in you've just lost control against you will and you hope rth kicks in (anxiety).  it might be difficult to explain why your drone will lose the connection at under 1000 feet and you can still see it vlos....but it does, so you are grateful there is a mission/waypoint option that says "continue the mission upon disconnect."
2022-2-3
Use props
whiteonrice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40679 ft
United States

Waypoints will be available in one of the next firmware updates. Also SDK will be available after five six months from now. First DJI fixes all bugs so the drone to work flawless and after they release the SDK.

This incorrect/misleading.
The firmware update brought in hyperlapse with waypoints. This is extremely different than true waypoint mission flying like OP is referring to.
2022-5-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

whiteonrice Posted at 5-28 17:43
This incorrect/misleading.
The firmware update brought in hyperlapse with waypoints. This is extremely different than true waypoint mission flying like OP is referring to.

well, yeah, considering it was posted in february.  how long do you think these posts are supposed to ring true when it comes to timing?
2022-5-28
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well someone woke up on the wrong side of their bed this morning.
2022-5-29
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree that we need waypoints, but I think we are beating the wrong bush.

I don't believe that this is a FW issue on its own but an Issue with DJI Fly as well. DJI Go4 Supported waypoints.

Its going to take a very long time for DJI Fly to catch up with DJI G04
2022-5-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have never seen a good dji waypoints video posted on this forum or even a bad waypoints video, and I don’t think it would live up to the standard set by Litchi for consumer drones. So if dji are to implement waypoints they seriously need to improve on what they had in Go4 app.
2022-5-30
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2-1 10:03

That is the best call. Let Litchi handle that lift.
2022-5-31
Use props
fansf737f736
lvl.1
United States

I am extremely frustrated at this as well!!!!!!! I just bought the Mavic 3 cine forking over $5000 with the assumption that AT LEAST this drone will have everything the previous drone M2P would have. I means I'm paying over 3k more than I paid for the M2P. Now just finding there is no waypoints!!!! I have a client who needs me to use this feature and now I will lose this job because the M2P does offer the resolution and frame rate this client wants. TERRIBLE DJI. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Returning ASAP
2022-6-16
Use props
fansf737f736
lvl.1
United States

Unless... Is there a way for me to use waypoint on another app or something? Please anyone let me know.
2022-6-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fansf737f736 Posted at 6-16 12:01
Unless... Is there a way for me to use waypoint on another app or something? Please anyone let me know.

When people say that the SDK is needed, that is exactly so that the "other" app has something to communicate with.
2022-6-16
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf737f736 Posted at 6-16 12:00
I am extremely frustrated at this as well!!!!!!! I just bought the Mavic 3 cine forking over $5000 with the assumption that AT LEAST this drone will have everything the previous drone M2P would have. I means I'm paying over 3k more than I paid for the M2P. Now just finding there is no waypoints!!!! I have a client who needs me to use this feature and now I will lose this job because the M2P does offer the resolution and frame rate this client wants. TERRIBLE DJI. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Returning ASAP

how on earth could you make such an assumption?  that's like buying a car and assuming it can play your cd selection or buying an iphone and assuming it will accept your microsd memory cards.  my point:  the reason is readily and easily available, take about 2 minutes to get your answer.  people need to remember there are pros and cons to sw updates and in this, the con would be a new product launch without all the features solely because the ability is there to upgrade later.  lucky for you, you can take the drone back and get a refund and spend your money wisely on a product you can actually use.  /s
2022-6-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The Saint Posted at 6-16 15:14
how on earth could you make such an assumption?  that's like buying a car and assuming it can play your cd selection or buying an iphone and assuming it will accept your microsd memory cards.  my point:  the reason is readily and easily available, take about 2 minutes to get your answer.  people need to remember there are pros and cons to sw updates and in this, the con would be a new product launch without all the features solely because the ability is there to upgrade later.  lucky for you, you can take the drone back and get a refund and spend your money wisely on a product you can actually use.  /s

In this case, he was buying a newest more expensive car that was with automatic gearshift but without Auto Pilot as expected, as DJI did not made it )))))
So he is close....
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for reaching out. Please rest assured that we have forwarded this feedback to the relevant team. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thanks for your support and patience.
2022-6-21
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any news on the SDK ??
2022-7-5
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 00:01
Agreed,   the M2P style is nice to have but most will never use it.

uuuuuh ? I never used my Mavic 2 Pro with anything else then Litchi and it's waypoints.
2022-7-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PhanFran Posted at 7-10 08:56
uuuuuh ? I never used my Mavic 2 Pro with anything else then Litchi and it's waypoints.

Didnt Litchi move to virtual sticks though for waypoints which defeats the benefit on the M2p.
2022-7-10
Use props
fansaa6cc0e7
New
Flight distance : 314846 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 22:50
Didnt Litchi move to virtual sticks though for waypoints which defeats the benefit on the M2p.

No, I still use Litchi expressly to create flight plans in advance (waypoints) before connecting my MP2.

HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED after receiving confirmation from DJI that they won't be releasing the SDK for any of the Mavic series starting with the M3.  

DJI software is subpar and a deal killer for me after dropping $5k on the M3C last week.  I'll be returning it and looking for another drone manufacturer after being with DJI for 4 years and owning 6 of their drones.  

Truly unfortunate decision on the part of DJI especially to their customers who want to use other apps that have superior features.
2022-7-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansaa6cc0e7 Posted at 7-11 02:40
No, I still use Litchi expressly to create flight plans in advance (waypoints) before connecting my MP2.

HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED after receiving confirmation from DJI that they won't be releasing the SDK for any of the Mavic series starting with the M3.  

Well thats a turn around as they said it would be released but for Android only previously.  
2022-7-11
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I fear DJI has no other choice and neither has any other dronemanufacturer. At least in the EU new regulations are on the drawing board, prohibiting autonomous flight with a possible exception for
the highest category of pilots and with continuous VLOS.
2022-7-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have any additional information, but this post indicates DJI is scheduled to release an SDK for the Mavic 3 in August.  However, it looks like it is a complete re-write of the SDK and so not sure how quickly 3rd party devs like Litchi (etc) will be able to jump on it and get it released.

https://sdk-forum.dji.net/hc/en- ... er-1-Hello-MSDK-V5-
2022-7-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-10 22:50
Didnt Litchi move to virtual sticks though for waypoints which defeats the benefit on the M2p.

I think you are conflating different things.  The older drones like the M2P (and older) still use the autonomous mission based Waypoints.  That hasn't changed at all.  However, due to DJI not including that feature in the SDK of all of the newer drones, Litchi was forced to implement a new way of doing waypoints by using the always connected virtual sticks SDK feature.  

It does suck that DJI has gone this direction, but I imagine they have done so in order to limit their legal liability if someone were to use it in an evil manner.  I'm not familiar with regulatory efforts outside of the US, but I imagine like someone else mentioned, there are possibly some regulatory issues in with autonomous flights coming in some parts of the world that DJI is trying to stay in front of as well.
2022-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-12 13:39
I think you are conflating different things.  The older drones like the M2P (and older) still use the autonomous mission based Waypoints.  That hasn't changed at all.  However, due to DJI not including that feature in the SDK of all of the newer drones, Litchi was forced to implement a new way of doing waypoints by using the always connected virtual sticks SDK feature.  

It does suck that DJI has gone this direction, but I imagine they have done so in order to limit their legal liability if someone were to use it in an evil manner.  I'm not familiar with regulatory efforts outside of the US, but I imagine like someone else mentioned, there are possibly some regulatory issues in with autonomous flights coming in some parts of the world that DJI is trying to stay in front of as well.

Yes but didnt Litchi switch to virtual stick waypoints for all the drones so the M2P would effectively get a downgrade.
2022-7-12
Use props
Twelvizm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8426683 ft
  • >>>
United States

5-6 months you say?

Still waiting.  
2022-8-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules