645 14 2022-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

@DarthSLR has provided me the best advice ever and it works!  This is essential gear that everyone who owns a Mavic 3 should have!

IMG_8627.JPG IMG_8628.JPG
2022-2-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Best post ever
2022-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

2022-2-2
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love it!  
2022-2-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

That's brilliant
2022-2-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Patent it, an invaluable DJI M3 accessory.

I have an odd suggestion. Leave the M3 sitting, out in the open, unpowered for several minutes at the launch site BEFORE switching it on. This stems from my at home launchings at the front of my house. It can take quite a while for a drone, not an M3, just brought out of the house and switched on, to acquire sufficient satellites but I have noticed that if they are outside for a while BEFORE they are switched on the 'wait' is much reduced.

I can see absolutely NO reason for this to be true and in fact everything would seem to be contrary to the idea but.....it is what I have occasionally noticed.
2022-2-2
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-2 12:34

I have an odd suggestion. Leave the M3 sitting, out in the open, unpowered for several minutes at the launch site BEFORE switching it on. This stems from my at home launchings at the front of my house. It can take quite a while for a drone, not an M3, just brought out of the house and switched on, to acquire sufficient satellites but I have noticed that if they are outside for a while BEFORE they are switched on the 'wait' is much reduced.

It's absolutely worth doing some experimenting.  Doesn't make any sense to me either, but who knows?  At least this experiment won't result in you crashing into a power line or small branches of a tree.
2022-2-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2-2 12:34

I have an odd suggestion. Leave the M3 sitting, out in the open, unpowered for several minutes at the launch site BEFORE switching it on. This stems from my at home launchings at the front of my house. It can take quite a while for a drone, not an M3, just brought out of the house and switched on, to acquire sufficient satellites but I have noticed that if they are outside for a while BEFORE they are switched on the 'wait' is much reduced.

Well it was well worth the try, it took 3 minutes and 43 seconds your way - better than the 6 minutes I normally have to wait
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

This just made my day.  I unpacked a M2 I bought off @DarthSLR, and I'm like "What is this cannister" and I saw the note on the bottom, flip it over, and it's a fidget spinner.  I'm still laughing!
2022-2-2
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you liked it!
2022-2-2
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-2 13:28
This just made my day.  I unpacked a M2 I bought off @DarthSLR, and I'm like "What is this cannister" and I saw the note on the bottom, flip it over, and it's a fidget spinner.  I'm still laughing!

I'm glad the rest arrived intact! Pleasure doing business with you, Tony!
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 2-2 13:33
I'm glad the rest arrived intact! Pleasure doing business with you, Tony!

Perfect!  Plenty of life in this Mavic 2!  : )
2022-2-2
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-2 14:24
Perfect!  Plenty of life in this Mavic 2!  : )

Totally! Just watch for those famous AZ dust storms!
2022-2-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 2-2 19:39
Totally! Just watch for those famous AZ dust storms!

I have always wanted to capture one of those rolling in!  For that I may use the much more easily sacrificed Mini2.   It hurts less when the drone costs <$500.
2022-2-3
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-3 06:23
I have always wanted to capture one of those rolling in!  For that I may use the much more easily sacrificed Mini2.   It hurts less when the drone costs

I got caught in one once in the open many years ago. It got inside my DSLR lenses, had to send them to professional services for cleaning. And I was finding the sand in other places for years. Naughty things those sand storms.
2022-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules