This is a bummer

2022-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Real bummer for sure Suren.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-2-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-2 11:49
Real bummer for sure Suren.  Thanks for sharing.

There is going to be alot of disappointed and angry people who were expecting to get compensated for being early adopters. Maybe Dji realized how much money they will need to pay out and pulled htis.
2022-2-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Typical.  Another reason not to upgrade for me.
2022-2-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-2 11:52
There is going to be alot of disappointed and angry people who were expecting to get compensated for being early adopters. Maybe Dji realized how much money they will need to pay out and pulled htis.

I believe you are right about this and they are trying to lessen the financial impact of all the previously returned M3s.  Real shame as I'm sure lots of people were holding out for the combo with the RC Pro and I know others were anxiously awaiting some type of compensation.
2022-2-3
Use props
BogeyBlack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327844 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeh, I was holding on until the end of February but I cracked and ordered the fly more + rc Pro last night
2022-2-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

makes the decision to get the cine package that much easier.  for the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would buy the combo at full price + the rc pro at full price....that makes no sense.  you should have refrained and prompted dji to drop that package (and give them an incentive to replace it with something better).  instead it appears too many people found the offering to be financially acceptable and quite the advantage over the base.  in fact, it might be dji most popular package.  why would dji do anything to upset that?  they are probably saying "if you want an rc pro, you know where to find one but we aren't going to force soooo many people to take one....and it's apparent that most buyers don't want one if you just look at how many people are buying the combo."  people are not buying the cine for the rc pro; people are buying the cine for the cine.

maybe a few clever retailers can jump in and figure out how to fill this void.  dji isn't so big that they completely control the channel.  if retailers can sell a whole bunch of worthless "combo" packages filled with a bunch of worthless junk accessories, maybe retailers can figure out how to squeeze in an rcpro combo.  if i were dji instead of trying to control everything, pay best buy to promote some sort of exclusive offering. there's no reason why dji has to foot the bill for everything, use your marketing dollars to incent merchants to mix/max and combo and have sales, etc.  i guess that's hard to do with such slim margins.
2022-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 2-3 10:53
makes the decision to get the cine package that much easier.  for the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would buy the combo at full price + the rc pro at full price....that makes no sense.  you should have refrained and prompted dji to drop that package (and give them an incentive to replace it with something better).  instead it appears too many people found the offering to be financially acceptable and quite the advantage over the base.  in fact, it might be dji most popular package.  why would dji do anything to upset that?  they are probably saying "if you want an rc pro, you know where to find one but we aren't going to force soooo many people to take one....and it's apparent that most buyers don't want one if you just look at how many people are buying the combo."  people are not buying the cine for the rc pro; people are buying the cine for the cine.

maybe a few clever retailers can jump in and figure out how to fill this void.  dji isn't so big that they completely control the channel.  if retailers can sell a whole bunch of worthless "combo" packages filled with a bunch of worthless junk accessories, maybe retailers can figure out how to squeeze in an rcpro combo.  if i were dji instead of trying to control everything, pay best buy to promote some sort of exclusive offering. there's no reason why dji has to foot the bill for everything, use your marketing dollars to incent merchants to mix/max and combo and have sales, etc.  i guess that's hard to do with such slim margins.

You could be right, but when Mavic4 comes out and you want to sell Cine you will also need to buy a new RC pro because you will need to sell your Mavic 3 with a RC. But those who bought standard combo can hold on to there RC pro and sell their Mavic3 with the standard Remote so M4 will be slightly cheaper for them.
Buying cine is only worth the money if you use the pro res you will still be paying $800 more for pro res and an SSD that only stores 35 minutes of footage , so once you use it then it becomes better value. You might also need to invest in something like a top of the range M1 Mac Pro which can cost a further 5k plus many storage hard drives. Good investments for photographers.

I didn’t buy the Cine because of the sheer workloads it’s likely to bring. But I think next version will support lower editing pro res so maybe that I will try my luck at.
2022-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BogeyBlack Posted at 2-3 10:23
Yeh, I was holding on until the end of February but I cracked and ordered the fly more + rc Pro last night

Good luck you wont be sorry.
2022-2-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-3 12:46
You could be right, but when Mavic4 comes out and you want to sell Cine you will also need to buy a new RC pro because you will need to sell your Mavic 3 with a RC. But those who bought standard combo can hold on to there RC pro and sell their Mavic3 with the standard Remote so M4 will be slightly cheaper for them.  
Buying cine is only worth the money if you use the pro res you will still be paying $800 more for pro res and an SSD that only stores 35 minutes of footage , so once you use it then it becomes better value. You might also need to invest in something like a top of the range M1 Mac Pro which can cost a further 5k plus many storage hard drives. Good investments for photographers.

i really hope when it comes times for me to sell the m3 that it is also time to get a new smart controller so i will be happy to sell the m3+rcpro.  im sure dji is already working on a bigger better smart controller since the rc pro appears to have been designed and delayed from much earlier.

i already have my 8-bay nas and m1 mac ready to go and i hope it can handle anything cine..working on it now.
2022-2-3
Use props
felipeolveram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-3 10:53
makes the decision to get the cine package that much easier.  for the life of me, i cannot understand why anyone would buy the combo at full price + the rc pro at full price....that makes no sense.  you should have refrained and prompted dji to drop that package (and give them an incentive to replace it with something better).  instead it appears too many people found the offering to be financially acceptable and quite the advantage over the base.  in fact, it might be dji most popular package.  why would dji do anything to upset that?  they are probably saying "if you want an rc pro, you know where to find one but we aren't going to force soooo many people to take one....and it's apparent that most buyers don't want one if you just look at how many people are buying the combo."  people are not buying the cine for the rc pro; people are buying the cine for the cine.

Because a sodered in SSD to a drone is not something that I need or want. This is removing a consumers choice
2022-2-3
Use props
felipeolveram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

This is a disappointing and irrational decision. I will not be upgrading to the mavic 3 untill this is a choice. Essentially forcing the hand. Why include the mavic mini remote into something that is supposed to be professional?
2022-2-3
Use props
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

CZC Posted at 2-3 17:46
Because it’s actually not positioned as a professional drone?

If DJI not positioning the Mavic 3 as a professional drone is the reason for lack of a DJI Mavic 3 RC-Pro how do we explain the following two RC-Pro Fly More combinations existing?
    1. The Air 2S RC-Pro Fly more Combo (several stores in US seem to have exclusive deal with DJI?)  
    2. The DJI Mavic 3 RC-Pro Fly More Combo being sold in in China.

They are available for sale with RC-Pro. Does it mean they are positioned as professional drones by DJI?  No it does not. It just means DJI decided to create a discounted package and sell it to some merchants in some countries.

DJI stated on December 1, 2021 they would create the Mavic 3 RC Pro Fly More combo at discount and compensate those who already bought them individually.  Now DJI states they have no plan do so outside of China.  So DJI  announced a plan and then withdrew it. This has made the one group of people unhappy.

The second group of people who are unhappy are those who have not yet purchased the Mavic 3. They see the DJI Air 2S RC-Pro Fly More kit available at a discount compared to purchase of Air 2S and RC-Pro individually.  They are aware there is a Mavic 3 RC Pro Fly More Kit available in China at a discount. They are not happy in their country they must pay full price for Mavic 3 and RC-Pro individually as DJI has no plan to create a discounted package with RC-PRO outside of China.  So this group has decision to make. Pay full price for Mavic 3 and RC-Pro? Buy Air 2S RC Pro instead? Settle for Current Mavic 3 Fly More kit with RC-N1? Wait to purchase in hope DJI will flip flop and change their mind? Buy a drone from another company than DJI?

Whether or not DJI positions Mavic 3 to be professional drone or not does not matter to the people above and I doubt has made any impact on DJI decision. If it did there would not already be a Air 2S RC-Pro Fly More Combo or a Mavic 3 RC Pro Fly More Combo in China.
2022-2-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

are we talking about selling a drone or are we talking about selling a pre-packaged group of products that are already being sold?

since when does the public have any say whatever in how this drone is put together and sold?  does the manufacturer have an obligation to consult with the public before they decide the best way to sell their products?  customers have a right to be unhappy with the $5k price tag, I agree.  anything beyond that, the decision has to be a personal one.  dji got it right many times, this time they got it wrong.  there are many times when products have been sold in america that people elsewhere in the world couldn't get.  you can't make 8 billion people happy.

i can see if you cannot get the rc pro unless you buy it within a package, understood if you are frustrated if that were the case.  even then, we would have the secondary market and all it takes is whatever it takes to get anything else you want (bad enough) in this world....money.  am i upset that i have to pay a little bit more for the rcpro in american than our friends up north....not at all.  would love it if dji would ask me first but they already know my answer....free (cheap).  something tells me dji absolutely couldn't pull the trigger on this deal, the numbers just didn't work out and they were forced to shift gears.  there's no such thing as promises.  am i disappointed, sure but 2020, 2021, and now 2022 have been disappointing for a lot of reasons.  everything you want is available now and for sale to you only not at the price you like.  ordinarily i would say the free market speaks but i understand these are difficult and extraordinary times and we are all doing whatever we can to get by.  the market moves slow and it's probably as fair as it will get and thank goodness for at least alternatives and options.
2022-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It sure is a bummer!
2022-2-9
Use props
BogeyBlack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327844 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

big mistake. had to order separate if this changers there'll be consequences
2022-2-11
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is BS.  Maybe Ill just wait and buy a used unit now and not give DJI my money as I was waiting on this combo.  
2022-2-16
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-6 17:00
are we talking about selling a drone or are we talking about selling a pre-packaged group of products that are already being sold?

since when does the public have any say whatever in how this drone is put together and sold?  does the manufacturer have an obligation to consult with the public before they decide the best way to sell their products?  customers have a right to be unhappy with the $5k price tag, I agree.  anything beyond that, the decision has to be a personal one.  dji got it right many times, this time they got it wrong.  there are many times when products have been sold in america that people elsewhere in the world couldn't get.  you can't make 8 billion people happy.

DJI has a bad habit of announcing products and then not following through.  They did it with the Inspire 2.  They announced a handheld solution would be released like the Inspire 1 and Original OSMO and that never came.  If you are not intending on following through, don't announce it.
2022-2-16
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just bought a "Used Like New" Mavic 3 Fly More Combo and a "Used Like New" RC Pro for $3640 from BH.  Got what I wanted for about the same price as DJI was gonna sell the Combo for and got an extra remote.  Best of all no money to DJI.  
2022-2-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2-16 05:49
DJI has a bad habit of announcing products and then not following through.  They did it with the Inspire 2.  They announced a handheld solution would be released like the Inspire 1 and Original OSMO and that never came.  If you are not intending on following through, don't announce it.

fool me once....
2022-2-16
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2-16 06:46
Just bought a "Used Like New" Mavic 3 Fly More Combo and a "Used Like New" RC Pro for $3640 from BH.  Got what I wanted for about the same price as DJI was gonna sell the Combo for and got an extra remote.  Best of all no money to DJI.

i believe some used drones and refurbs and especially "used like new" are among the best drones to buy value-wise.  unfortunately a large number of people still insist on buying new.  for me, i think the biggest hurdle is the warranty or the ability to get care refresh uncertainty.  i understand recently this has changed.  i'll check b&h now that payboo is back.
2022-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules