Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic 3 - Active Track 5.0 - New Firmware - Torture Test Thro...
4532 19 2022-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mavic 3 - Active Track 5.0 - New Firmware - Torture Test Through the Trees - 4k

2022-2-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing DA Flys
2022-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12151329 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

the AT is excellent on M3 , but it has its limits, its not a skydio so should be treated within its parameters.

Nobody is ever going to be walking in and out of trees like this filming themselves like that. But it was a tough test of the drone.
2022-2-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 2169370 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for finding and sharing!
2022-2-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This YouTube does not learn. He crashed the drone once and now wants to tempt fate again.
2022-2-5
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Active track5.0 and APAS 5.0 are awesome with some bugs in some decisions that it makes but DJI will fix this sooner or later. The big problem is that it does not use a hybrid Active track and GPS track. Or produce a beacon-like device to do it. This is making the Active track less equal to Skydio 2. If DJI hear and do this and of course fix some bugs the Mavic 3 will have the best Active track and APAS. One more thing is to make it faster. With this hybrid tracking, it will give priority to bypass obstacles and without hard data processing, if it loses the target well ok it will find it again with the GPS of the remote and after visual again.
2022-2-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-5 12:58
This YouTube does not learn. He crashed the drone once and now wants to tempt fate again.

As a retired test engineer, I can identify with the efforts, bad or good. It's figuratively called "pushing the envelope".
2022-2-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 2-5 15:27
Active track5.0 and APAS 5.0 are awesome with some bugs in some decisions that it makes but DJI will fix this sooner or later. The big problem is that it does not use a hybrid Active track and GPS track. Or produce a beacon-like device to do it. This is making the Active track less equal to Skydio 2. If DJI hear and do this and of course fix some bugs the Mavic 3 will have the best Active track and APAS. One more thing is to make it faster. With this hybrid tracking, it will give priority to bypass obstacles and without hard data processing, if it loses the target well ok it will find it again with the GPS of the remote and after visual again.

Well. I don't want to give up smooth video just because some folks want to run around/into some trees. Apples and oranges.
2022-2-5
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12584416 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its got better since the last update, but its got its limits. A gutsy test and good viewing. Thanks for sharing.
2022-2-6
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

GaryDoug Posted at 2-5 19:27
Well. I don't want to give up smooth video just because some folks want to run around/into some trees. Apples and oranges.

It can have both with a digital switch in DJI fly app somewhere below apas with label active track and below a switch with visual or hybrid. Visual will be cinematic and Hybrid like a skydio 2 situation.
2022-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 2-6 11:59
Its got better since the last update, but its got its limits. A gutsy test and good viewing. Thanks for sharing.

no probs Grimtheviking.
2022-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-9 02:07
Thanks for sharing!

No probs Monty
2022-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

2022-2-10
Use props
fansbed32e61
New
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2-10 00:30

I am finding AT on the M3 a lot less usable than my M2 Pro. Tracks fine walking around. My main interest is kayaking. The drone tracks me to the waters edge but as soon as I get in the kayak it looses me. I’ve tried a few things - sun behind drone etc. Always wear bright clothing. Presumably the area/shape being tracked changes too much. For all that the M2 Pro was more reliable.
2022-2-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansbed32e61 Posted at 2-18 16:50
I am finding AT on the M3 a lot less usable than my M2 Pro. Tracks fine walking around. My main interest is kayaking. The drone tracks me to the waters edge but as soon as I get in the kayak it looses me. I’ve tried a few things - sun behind drone etc. Always wear bright clothing. Presumably the area/shape being tracked changes too much. For all that the M2 Pro was more reliable.

Question- Do you have the drone set to track you has a person and then expect it to track you still when you jump into the kayak?
2022-2-18
Use props
fansbed32e61
New
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 2-18 22:33
Question- Do you have the drone set to track you has a person and then expect it to track you still when you jump into the kayak?

Yes - I make sure the person icon is showing before hitting go
2022-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansbed32e61 Posted at 2-18 16:50
I am finding AT on the M3 a lot less usable than my M2 Pro. Tracks fine walking around. My main interest is kayaking. The drone tracks me to the waters edge but as soon as I get in the kayak it looses me. I’ve tried a few things - sun behind drone etc. Always wear bright clothing. Presumably the area/shape being tracked changes too much. For all that the M2 Pro was more reliable.

Ah yes, I see.
2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansbed32e61 Posted at 2-19 12:21
Yes - I make sure the person icon is showing before hitting go

When you sit in the kayak, the drone sees a different shape and not the shape of a person standing or walking anymore hence it will lose you. For a more accurate active track you need to select this mode when you are in the kayak and not walking.
2022-2-19
Use props
fansbed32e61
New
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 2-19 13:08
When you sit in the kayak, the drone sees a different shape and not the shape of a person standing or walking anymore hence it will lose you. For a more accurate active track you need to select this mode when you are in the kayak and not walking.

I will have to find a waterproof cover for the controller
2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules