DJI RC Pro Controller Cellular Extension
1519 9 2022-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarkMyth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840830 ft
United States

Is it possible to have the DJI RC Pro Controller use cellphone toweres to both get interenet or extend the transmission range / quality to my Mavic 3?  Just wondering if it's an option?

2022-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is an accessory for this but it will only be available in china when its released.

2022-2-8
Use props
DarkMyth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840830 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 23:46
There is an accessory for this but it will only be available in china when its released.

[view_image]

Thanks for the information maybe someday I'll have the option in the US.
2022-2-9
Use props
Georgero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39 ft
United States

This is an old post but I can confirm this is working in the USA but only installed on the RC-Pro controller. A SIM card with data service is required.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, DarkMyth. Thank you for reaching out. We have the DJI Cellular Dongle which enables the aircraft with a 4G network connection and ensures a stable and reliable video transmission, which adopts the image transmission technology that combines traditional OcuSync and 4G automatic enhancement. In environments with strong signal interference or long-distance scenario, the O3+ transmission works smoothly with the DJI Cellular Dongle to improve transmission quality and ensure safer flight. When the O3+ signal is strong, 4G will not be enabled for data transmission, which is to meet the high quality and low-latency requirements as much as possible to reduce cellular data consumption. If the O3+ signal is completely disconnected, we will have to rely on a 4G network for transmitting images from the aircraft to the ground and data from the ground to the aircraft. At present, this is only available in China as mentioned in Captain DAFlys in the comment above. There is no specific release time for other countries and regions as of posting. Please stay tuned to DJI's Official Website (www.dji.com) for relevant updates. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-17
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-17 21:40
Hi, DarkMyth. Thank you for reaching out. We have the DJI Cellular Dongle which enables the aircraft with a 4G network connection and ensures a stable and reliable video transmission, which adopts the image transmission technology that combines traditional OcuSync and 4G automatic enhancement. In environments with strong signal interference or long-distance scenario, the O3+ transmission works smoothly with the DJI Cellular Dongle to improve transmission quality and ensure safer flight. When the O3+ signal is strong, 4G will not be enabled for data transmission, which is to meet the high quality and low-latency requirements as much as possible to reduce cellular data consumption. If the O3+ signal is completely disconnected, we will have to rely on a 4G network for transmitting images from the aircraft to the ground and data from the ground to the aircraft. At present, this is only available in China as mentioned in Captain DAFlys in the comment above. There is no specific release time for other countries and regions as of posting. Please stay tuned to DJI's Official Website (www.dji.com) for relevant updates. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi DJI Tony,

If I understand you correctly, the dongle is only available in China and in the States, or only in China? I'm trying to access it and, unfortunately, it's not available in the EU.

Not available.png
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drone Buddy Posted at 1-30 05:02
Hi DJI Tony,

If I understand you correctly, the dongle is only available in China and in the States, or only in China? I'm trying to access it and, unfortunately, it's not available in the EU.

Hi there. The DJI Cellular Dongle is only currently available in China. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Once it becomes available to other countries/regions, DJI will release an official announcement on the DJI website (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
2023-1-31
Use props
Drone Buddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280860 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 00:57
Hi there. The DJI Cellular Dongle is only currently available in China. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Once it becomes available to other countries/regions, DJI will release an official announcement on the DJI website (www.dji.com). Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Hi DJI Tony,

Thanks for the info! I hope the dongle becomes available around the world.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drone Buddy Posted at 1-31 07:53
Hi DJI Tony,

Thanks for the info! I hope the dongle becomes available around the world.

You are most welcome. Happy flying!
2023-2-1
Use props
SantiArgo
New

Pakistan

GeorgeroPosted at 1-17 07:39
This is an old post but I can confirm this is working in the USA but only installed on the RC-Pro controller. A SIM card with data service is required.

Yes, defiantly a sim card is required.https://kohiclicks.com/
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules