manual mode drifting right
1825 6 2022-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

I believe my right thumbstick is going out or having an issue, lately I noticed my FPV flys to the right if i let go of all controls and let it just drift.
If i flew up to 100ft altitude and let go of my right stick it would eventually lean so far right it would be sideways or ready to flip after about 10 seconds.

So i recalibrated the remote, reinstalled the sticks and reset the rates.

It did not fix the problem i still get a small drifting force that if left uncorrected would eventually flip or crash the craft.

I also did a Compass and imu calibration with no errors.

I have a backup RC to test, otherwise im fresh out of ideas.

2022-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the said issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-2-9
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's normal. I have 3 FPV drones now and they all drift in manual mode to varying degrees. They all drift slowly nose-up and to one side a little bit. There's nothing you can do about it. No idea why, maybe the PID tune, but the chances of DJI fixing it are 0. So i've just gotten used to it.
2022-2-10
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
United States

luciens Posted at 2-10 04:39
It's normal. I have 3 FPV drones now and they all drift in manual mode to varying degrees. They all drift slowly nose-up and to one side a little bit. There's nothing you can do about it. No idea why, maybe the PID tune, but the chances of DJI fixing it are 0. So i've just gotten used to it.

I dont think you understand, if yours is truly like that im sorry but mine has never been and I wont accept it being so.

What i mean is if you line up for a gap, say 50 feet away and set it on a good course, if you left it alone you would not need to interfere much on the sticks as it goes in, but now if i leave the stick alone it will do about a 5 degree tilt that stays on that course if not corrected. This was not the case for near a year flying with this drone and no crashes. Manual mode only
2022-2-10
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Whoreable Posted at 2-10 20:41
I dont think you understand, if yours is truly like that im sorry but mine has never been and I wont accept it being so.

What i mean is if you line up for a gap, say 50 feet away and set it on a good course, if you left it alone you would not need to interfere much on the sticks as it goes in, but now if i leave the stick alone it will do about a 5 degree tilt that stays on that course if not corrected. This was not the case for near a year flying with this drone and no crashes. Manual mode only

Yes, that's exactly the behavior I'm seeing as well, like I said. A slow, uncommanded, drift in pitch and roll with no pilot input only in manual mode. You probably just didn't notice it until now.  

All 3 of mine do it, yours does it, and it seems they all do it. So seems to be normal. I'm not saying it's good - it's not. In fact, it's bad and it should be fixed or at least reduced. But we can be certain that it never will be fixed. The firmware updates for the FPV drone seem to have stopped, so it looks like DJI has stopped development on it. DJI always orphans products that didn't do as well as they wanted like that. They just drop them and quit improving the firmware.

My guess is the tune is still bad and it could probably be improved with adjustment of the PIDs, but we don't have access to the PIDs and DJI will probably never give it to us. Maybe there will be an FPV drone V2 that may improve it. Or maybe not. But this one DJI seems to be done with so it'll probably be discontinued fairly soon. So I'd buy parts, spares and batteries while you still can.

I've just gotten used to it. It's not rock steady like my Betaflight/F4/F7 quads, but it's not bad enough to make me not enjoy flying mine. I just get used to constantly correcting it a little bit, like my old R/C helis that did the same thing.

2022-2-11
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
United States

luciens Posted at 2-11 00:14
Yes, that's exactly the behavior I'm seeing as well, like I said. A slow, uncommanded, drift in pitch and roll with no pilot input only in manual mode. You probably just didn't notice it until now.  

All 3 of mine do it, yours does it, and it seems they all do it. So seems to be normal. I'm not saying it's good - it's not. In fact, it's bad and it should be fixed or at least reduced. But we can be certain that it never will be fixed. The firmware updates for the FPV drone seem to have stopped, so it looks like DJI has stopped development on it. DJI always orphans products that didn't do as well as they wanted like that. They just drop them and quit improving the firmware.

Nah you wrong bruhh. I just synced my second remote and it flys perfectly straight when I let go of the sticks, it does not drift to the left or right after a few seconds, it will maintain the same course until the sticks are touched. If yours moves without stick activation you have a bunk controller.
2022-2-20
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Whoreable Posted at 2-20 12:54
Nah you wrong bruhh. I just synced my second remote and it flys perfectly straight when I let go of the sticks, it does not drift to the left or right after a few seconds, it will maintain the same course until the sticks are touched. If yours moves without stick activation you have a bunk controller.

Ok, so what's the problem then?
2022-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules