Ronin RSC2 RavenEye and Sony a6000?
1718 1 2022-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sargentpilcher
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a gimbal (Haven't purchased it yet.), and im leaning towards the RSC2 to use with my sony a6000. The problem i'm having is that this camera is not officially on the supported list, but the a6100, the a6200, the a6300, and the a6400 are on the supported list. I'd be incredibly surprised if the a6000 wasn't also compatible, and I did actually find a reddit post where somebody said it DID work, with the exception of the raveneye feature. Now, I can live without the raveneye, but if the raveneye works with the sony a6100, why shouldn't it work with the a6000?

Like, correct me if i'm wrong, but the only functionality the raveneye sends to the a6000 would be record, take picture, etc. Basic remote settings. The tracking should be communicating with the gimbal itself, not the a6000 right? I don't understand why it wouldn't work. Has anybody tried it?
2022-2-11
Use props
Victor Barrio
New

United Kingdom

Hi sargentpilcher, I was very worried for the same reason and the lack of information in the web but... it works! I connected the RE to the camera through the HDMI-usbC; then the RE to the gimbal from the RSS exit to the wifi input in the gimbal and finally, the frontal exit of the RE connected USBc-USBC to the gimbal in the RSS input. It tracks, you can see the image in the mobile, you can use the remote control and recording. Probably there are some funtions that may not work, but I am so happy I could use it for tracking and control it remotely.
2023-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules