Charging hub question.
581 6 2022-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Today I sat 2 hours on a Zoom webinar about batteries for DJI drones. One item came up that I was not aware of and wonder if someone can confirm that, if you put a battery in the charging hub and after that battery is full charged, it automatically discharges after 10 days to about 60%. Then, if you leave the power on to the charger and the battery is still in it and after 10 days it is discharged to 60%, it gets automatically charged again. So if this is the case, then you will put 35 charges in one year on that battery, if you leave it in the charger. Is this correct?

Now, I unfortunately do not know for which type of drone and charging hub this was talked about.
2022-2-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am not clear as to why you would want to leave a battery on charge for an entire year?
2022-2-17
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 2-17 08:12
I am not clear as to why you would want to leave a battery on charge for an entire year?

That was only an example clarify and to show what would happen if you let the battery on the charger.
2022-2-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 2-17 08:56
That was only an example clarify and to show what would happen if you let the battery on the charger.

I can't envisage a scenario where anyone would want to do that.
2022-2-17
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 2-17 09:02
I can't envisage a scenario where anyone would want to do that.

Of course not. It was only an example. However if you would leave the battery in and power on for more than 10 day, would this be what would happen then. Someone said, that this is one way to cycle you battery every 10 days instead of every 3 months???  That is what I try to understand if true.
2022-2-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 2-17 09:09
Of course not. It was only an example. However if you would leave the battery in and power on for more than 10 day, would this be what would happen then. Someone said, that this is one way to cycle you battery every 10 days instead of every 3 months???  That is what I try to understand if true.

Once they've stabilized at 50 - 60 %, for longterm storage take them off the charger and leave them alone until just before you're expecting to fly. THEN top them up.
2022-2-17
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 2-17 09:35
Once they've stabilized at 50 - 60 %, for longterm storage take them off the charger and leave them alone until just before you're expecting to fly. THEN top them up.

Hi, Yes I appreciate what you are saying and I know this and that is what I always do, but I am trying to find out if the charging hub actually work the way I have heard, as I have been unable to read about this in the manual or have not heard about this anywhere in this forum.
2022-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules