4540 7 2022-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI once you release the Mavic 3 SDK please give us the ability to download 3rd party mapping apps like PIX4D to the RC Pro.  These 3rd party mapping specific apps are very important to a large sector of your customers.  Currently I would need to keep the RC-N1 and use my ipad or iphone just for mapping capability.  I guarntee you add this ability you will sell more RC Pro's.
2022-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I now always use my smartphone as a hotspot and have set up the WiFi in the RC Pro accordingly.  
I can then display the current map on the RC Pro in the field at any time, as long as the smartphone has reception and can update my current location...
I can also use Google maps on my smartphone to prepare map excerpts at home, i.e. save them on my smartphone,  so that the card is available even if there is no reception...
2022-2-19
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 2-19 04:26
I now always use my smartphone as a hotspot and have set up the WiFi in the RC Pro accordingly.  
I can then display the current map on the RC Pro in the field at any time, as long as the smartphone has reception and can update my current location...
I can also use Google maps on my smartphone to prepare map excerpts at home, i.e. save them on my smartphone,  so that the card is available even if there is no reception...

Sorry you misunderstood.  This is pertaining to 3rd party apps map construction sites and agro applications.  These apps are used to create 3D mapping and orthomosaics.  
2022-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 2-19 05:24
Sorry you misunderstood.  This is pertaining to 3rd party apps map construction sites and agro applications.  These apps are used to create 3D mapping and orthomosaics.

Oh, sorry.
I see...   
2022-2-19
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wondering if these apps like Pix4D work on Android? If so the RC Pro is based on it and might work. Otherwise agree would be helpful to see this supported.
2022-2-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RobZilla Posted at 2-20 06:04
Just wondering if these apps like Pix4D work on Android? If so the RC Pro is based on it and might work. Otherwise agree would be helpful to see this supported.

Just wondering if these apps like Pix4D work on Android?
Most of them have Android versions.
But the RC pro won't load mapping apps so you have to use the regular controller (and a drone that the mapping app supports).
2022-2-20
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

2022-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules