Samsung Focus/Record button mapping
2498 6 2022-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shanemarsh28
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I am sorry if this has been posted before - I couldn't find a related thread.
I wish I knew this before purchasing but I've learned that Samsung limits access to the optical zoom functionality and tele lenses. Dispite the Mimo app being very good I will always know the recording quality isn't going to be as great as it should be if I want the gimbal to work as intended. The zoom button on the OM4 is the primary reason why I purchased this gimbal.

Recently I dicovered if I pair the OM4 via bluetooth and set the phones default camera app use the volume keys to zoom in and out, when I hit the record button on the OM4 the native camera app will zoom in!  It therefore looks like it should be possible (with a DJI firmware tweak), to map the focus in/out on the OM4 to the Volume up/down on the device which would in theory allow DJI OM4 focus and record buttons to become fully functional with the Samsungs native camera app.

It's such a shame Samsung have applied their unnecessary limitation but it looks this IS something that can be overcome. Please can this be a feature because it would be the best of both worlds - the phones full resolution and a gimbal where all the buttons work while using the Samsung native camera app.

If anyone any any other kind of work around I'd be interested to hear about it. Looking forward to some discussion on this.

Shane
2022-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Shane . Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information with us. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device ( Samsung ) that you are using on your DJI OM4 please for further assistance? Thank you.
2022-2-21
Use props
shanemarsh28
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-21 19:13
Hello there Shane . Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information with us. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device ( Samsung ) that you are using on your DJI OM4 please for further assistance? Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Samsung Galaxy S21 5G / SM-G991B/DS

Shane
2022-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Shane . Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI OM 4 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-2-23
Use props
shanemarsh28
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 21:13
Hi there Shane . Thank you for the reply and for these additional information that you have given. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please save all of your important information before uninstalling the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device for you not to loose your files. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI OM 4 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Hi Steven,

I have re-downloaded and installed the Mimo app as you've described but I feel you may have miss-understood my query because everything is exactly the same. The Mimo app works (and has always), absolutely fine for me.

Due to the lack of exposure on the Camra2 Api it's the Zoom functionality on the Samsung Default Camera App I am interested in. It looks possible if the buttons are able to be mapped on the OM4 to the volume up/down buttons.

Hope this makes more sense.
Shane
2022-2-24
Use props
djiuser_IcDECvOcVFf9
New
Indonesia

I got the same trouble with my OM4 and Note20. I even cant use the zoom slider to zoom with samsung native camera apps.
2022-4-26
Use props
farzad41
New

Iran

Hello friends
I have a Samsung Note 10 Plus. Until two months ago, I used Osmo Mobile well and it was quite enjoyable.
I recently upgraded to Android 13, but unfortunately my device has been unused since then !!!
The DJI program does not open and sends a message on the phone that it has a security problem !!!
what should we do?
I inquired everywhere, I sent messages everywhere and ..... but I did not find any answer!
Why is the company not responsible for this device? The customers of this company have paid a lot and worked with this device with great enthusiasm. But with an Android upgrade, these devices have failed!
Doesn't the DJI company want to update itself ?!
Are customers insignificant to them? !!
Do we have to leave our belongings in the corner of the warehouse?
Who should answer? Friends come and toil and comment. Thank you very much for this. But I mean the response of responsible people!
Why doesn't an official come to answer? !!!!
2022-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules