895 20 2022-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I spent the better part of the day at the RC park flying drones and I brought my trusty Air2S.  This one is still my all around favorite.   Great range, amazing control, ability to do some basic zooming with the camera, great speed, and a pretty decent battery life.  After flying the Mavic 3 for a while, it is hard not to notice the shorter battery life, but in terms of all around fun, this one is my go to drone.  And now that it works with automation, I could conceivably use it for commercial uses as well.  

2022-2-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I don't think I ever had an issue with my Air2S as well. Our range was pretty poor in CE but it was still a great drone.
2022-2-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice, ive been thinking about selling my ma2 and getting the ma2s; what does automation mean?
2022-2-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-27 21:02
nice, ive been thinking about selling my ma2 and getting the ma2s; what does automation mean?

Sorry, I could have been clearer.  By automation I mean support for things like Dronelink.  I really like being able to create specific missions for the drone to record or take pictures of exactly what I want.  In fact.  So, now that the Air2S has an SDK and vendors are writting 3rd party automation software for it, I feel like it can now match my Mavic 2 Zoom, or Mavic 2 Pro.
2022-2-27
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-27 21:25
Sorry, I could have been clearer.  By automation I mean support for things like Dronelink.  I really like being able to create specific missions for the drone to record or take pictures of exactly what I want.  In fact.  So, now that the Air2S has an SDK and vendors are writting 3rd party automation software for it, I feel like it can now match my Mavic 2 Zoom, or Mavic 2 Pro.

ok great.  in fact i can then prob give up my m2z as well if the ma2s is getting closer to becoming the best all-around drone.  all i need to see is what the mini3 comes with....then i decide.  thx.
2022-2-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you see there is a bug in the SDK for the Air2S where the SDK wont return the gimbal position,  making some camera automation tasks fail.
2022-2-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Tony. Thank you for reaching out. We really appreciate your kind words about our product and your good experience with it. Rest assured that we are doing our best to provide quality products also services for our valued customers. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any inquiries. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-2-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-28 00:07
Did you see there is a bug in the SDK for the Air2S where the SDK wont return the gimbal position,  making some camera automation tasks fail.

Yes, saw this and discovered it myself when Dronelink first added beta support for Air2S.  They implemented a workaround that removed the challenge, but DJI still nneds to resolve the bug in the SDK.
2022-2-28
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

The Air 2S is my first non-toy drone.  It was a crazy jump into the pool, but I have been enjoying how easy it flies.  I definitely need to work on my video skills though.

I am stoked to read posts and see reviews on YT like this.  Very cool to get the right machine on the first try.
2022-2-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

tonered Posted at 2-28 08:36
The Air 2S is my first non-toy drone.  It was a crazy jump into the pool, but I have been enjoying how easy it flies.  I definitely need to work on my video skills though.

I am stoked to read posts and see reviews on YT like this.  Very cool to get the right machine on the first try.

I think ounce for ounce, you got the best value in drones today.  Enjoy the heck out of it.  This is a great one!
2022-2-28
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-28 11:21
I think ounce for ounce, you got the best value in drones today.  Enjoy the heck out of it.  This is a great one!

I'm feeling that!

Looking forward to the nicer weather and some outings to see what it really can produce.
2022-2-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sent you a PM of a real estate listing I did with air2s.    I'll just post here.... I just know everyone will be internet mean, but please be gentle.  I'm still learning drone videography.  
2022-2-28
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-28 12:29
Sent you a PM of a real estate listing I did with air2s.    I'll just post here.... I just know everyone will be internet mean, but please be gentle.  I'm still learning drone videography.  https://youtu.be/E0MOq5029JA

That looked great from my perspective.  Nice and smooth.

My stuff is kinda lurchy, esp when I'm bringing the controls back to center.

BTW, my daughter started school as ASU last year.  The whole fam loves the area.
2022-2-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

tonered Posted at 2-28 12:42
That looked great from my perspective.  Nice and smooth.

My stuff is kinda lurchy, esp when I'm bringing the controls back to center.

Great school!  Congratulations to her, and to the family!!  (It takes commitment.)

Small world!  My wife graduated from there!
2022-2-28
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 2-28 13:10
Great school!  Congratulations to her, and to the family!!  (It takes commitment.)

Small world!  My wife graduated from there!

Thanks!

It is a hella commitment.  Our youngest is considering ASU also.  Her and my wife are going to tour AU soon.

I have been pretty impressed with the school and how well our oldest is doing there.  We got to have some fun on Family Weekend.
2022-2-28
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sent you a PM of a real estate listing I did with air2s.    I'll just post here.... I just know everyone will be internet mean, but please be gentle.  I'm still learning drone videography.  https://youtu.be/E0MOq5029JA

I think you did a great job. Bravo!
2022-2-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2-28 13:24
I think you did a great job. Bravo!

Thank you.  I figure each one will get incrementally better.  But for now, counting on the drone to really help me out.  : )
2022-2-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job of presenting this house and area from a real estate perspective.    Just picked up a new Air 2S to replace some stolen drones and I really like what I'm seeing so far.
2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_iYJZQEProW20
New

Canada

This drone is not what I had expected. I think the 2 pro had been a better performer; 1) it had more speed /hr 2) the pro had additional sensors on the sides 3) it also had longer lasting batteries which allowed long range coverage and transmission 4) the 2pro or pro 2 had significantly better capabilities than this.
2022-4-29
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

NICE, that you have found what you feel is suitable to your wants and needs, it does take a while to search it out.  Keep on having enjoyment.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-4-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iYJZQEProW20 Posted at 4-29 03:56
This drone is not what I had expected. I think the 2 pro had been a better performer; 1) it had more speed /hr 2) the pro had additional sensors on the sides 3) it also had longer lasting batteries which allowed long range coverage and transmission 4) the 2pro or pro 2 had significantly better capabilities than this.

Well I would say to keep on flying your Mavic 2 Pro then. There is no right or wrong but just what best suits your needs. That's what I say
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules