Latest Firmware for Mavic Mini won’t instal.
2937 8 2022-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben Smith1979
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62549 ft
Vietnam

I am trying to instal the latest firmware on my Mavic Mini and it keeps stalling at 44%. I have the latest app version, all batteries are full and I have a solid Wi-Fi connection. My other option is to connect the Mini directly to my Mac and install it from Firmware assist but DJI Firmware Assist is not supported on Mac OS 11 or higher. Does anyone have an other suggestions?
2022-2-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We totally understand your difficulties with this issue. You may try to use a different mobile device that has a lower version than your mac OS 11 for you to install the said firmware. In addition, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device then check if you can now install the said firmware. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-3-1
Use props
Ben Smith1979
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-1 04:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We totally understand your difficulties with this issue. You may try to use a different mobile device that has a lower version than your mac OS 11 for you to install the said firmware. In addition, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device then check if you can now install the said firmware. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I eventually got the firmware to install but It took about 4 hours of constantly retrying. The drone overheated a number of times and it flattened the controller twice.

I'm on a quick wifi connection - the app is obviously the latest version and I'm using an iPhone 13 Pro. The installation crashing issue is at DJI's end.

This is a fairly common story across most of DJI's Mavic line. Firmware downloads without a hitch but the install process is riddled with bugs.
2022-3-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ben Smith1979 Posted at 3-4 00:13
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I eventually got the firmware to install but It took about 4 hours of constantly retrying. The drone overheated a number of times and it flattened the controller twice.

We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I will take note of this and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Can you please provide us a screenshot of the error message that appears on the mobile device for us to send it to our team? Please keep us posted.
2022-3-5
Use props
Ben A320 Driver
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-5 04:03
We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I will take note of this and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Can you please provide us a screenshot of the error message that appears on the mobile device for us to send it to our team? Please keep us posted.

There's nothing to screen shot anymore - the firmware is installed.

During the four hours it took to instal the process kept freezing between 44 & 48%. After being frozen for about 15 - 20 mins the screen would time out and It would go back to the install screen showing a "retry" button.

I repeated this process over 15 times with 3 very hot batteries (that I ended up cooling in the fridge before putting them into the drone to try and cool the drone down), an overheating drone and a controller that went through 2 full charge cycles.
2022-3-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Ben A320 Driver Posted at 3-5 04:17

During the four hours it took to instal the process kept freezing between 44 & 48%. After being frozen for about 15 - 20 mins the screen would time out and It would go back to the install screen showing a "retry" button.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry again for the trouble. We're glad that you have already managed to update the firmware of your unit. If you experience some issue again, please don't hesitate to reach us back. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_06ffdZ1inDD0
New

United Kingdom

Ben A320 Driver Posted at 3-5 04:17

I’m suffering the same problem… keeps freezing at 40% and it’s killed the handset and the drone batteries more than once.

I’ve put it away for now before I smash the bloody thing!!

How did you get yours to work in the end please?
2022-4-8
Use props
Naandough
New

United States

I am having the exact same issue, very frustrating.
2022-5-7
Use props
djiuser_yUV7L8gofPuz
New

Canada

I having problems open the app in my mobile, can someone please help me with which right app I need to install in my mobile, I install DJI fly no working, I have a magic mini, thanks
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules